Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Still being disrespected
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Still being disrespected

Mar 20, 2018, 12:36 AM

by many analysts. I haven’t heard a single prediction that we will beat Kansas. I like it though, it just adds more motivation for the game on Friday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Walt said we would today.

Mar 20, 2018, 12:46 AM

Does that count?

Re: Walt said we would today.

Mar 20, 2018, 6:03 AM

#### it. I was planning a watch party for Friday thinking we had a good chance.... there goes that.

Re: Walt said we would today.

Mar 20, 2018, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Walt said we would today. ]

Dipshitula also said Kansas State would win the national title in football and Wichita State would win it in basketball

Re: Still being disrespected

Mar 20, 2018, 7:59 AM

Most would base this on tradition , recruiting levels and the fact that KU spent a number of days ranked #1 throughout this season .
When you consider it , consider how they'd predict a Clemson v Kansas football matchup in the CFB playoff this year . They probably look at it on paper like we would in that respect .

Howevers ... we have a very good chance to beat them . They're not as good as the normal Kansas team and we have a really strong team game right now . I think our players are confident and I love our grit .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Still being disrespected

Mar 20, 2018, 9:33 AM

Yeah I would have to agree with Tigerdug on this one. Their basing it off of prestige and history. Just like in football, if KU had just one good season and met us in the playoffs we would be the overwhelming favorite. This is our first S16 in 21 years, of course we're gonna be the underdog dude. We're not a Blueblood in basketball, Kansas is.. Nothing disrespectful about it... Put your big boy pants on and get ready to cheer this team on. Plus I heard Jay Williams say we're one of his favorites to make a Final Four run.

Agree. With the betting line at, I think, 4 or 5, it is

Mar 20, 2018, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Still being disrespected ]

hard to predict an upset of KU by a team who basically has never been there. With the way talking heads will say anything to get attention it is surprising somone hasn't done so - I mean, it wouldn't be an out there pick - but one can't fault them on logic.

But yes, if we are going to be KU in the tournament this is the situation in which to do it. We have the tools.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

beat***

Mar 20, 2018, 9:44 AM

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic