Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
KornCOOT on Zion...........”BUT USC” what
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

KornCOOT on Zion...........”BUT USC” what

Jan 14, 2018, 8:41 PM

The next big day in the college basketball recruiting world is Saturday. 6-6 Zion Williamson of Spartanburg Day is set to announce his college choice at his school with Clemson, USC, Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky and Kansas his finalists. Williamson has never publicly stated a favorite during the process. There’s been a lot of buzz about Clemson for him in recent weeks but USC picked up some momentum after landing Louisville transfer Brian Bowen last week.

Even the mayor of Columbia, Steve Benjamin, got into the act by tweeting last week he’s ready to name January 20th “Zion Williamson Day” in Columbia.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Steve Benjamin just committed an NCAA violation with that tweet...

Jan 14, 2018, 8:46 PM

Silly coots

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Furthermore, what the Mayor doesn't grasp is the fact that

Jan 14, 2018, 8:55 PM

there are thousands...and I mean, thousands of Clemson alumni in the Metro area in addition to multiple thousands of Clemson family and fans.

It's the same problem that the local fish wrapper, "The State," as well as other media in this area fail to understand.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so when he signs with Clemson will the Mayor still declare

Jan 14, 2018, 9:02 PM

It Zion day?

How big is the metro area of Cootlumbia Mr. T?

Jan 14, 2018, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Furthermore, what the Mayor doesn't grasp is the fact that ]

My MSA shows approximately 840,000 living in Greater Cootlumbia.

If there are 100,000[?] Tiger Faithful, then about 12% of Cootlumbia Metro Area is painted Orange, leaving 88% Garnet Clad backers.

Come on now, HT, dude knows who butters his bread.

;)

Haha, hope you are enjoying this fine Sunday evening; have a great night and better tomorrow Mr. T.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely majority coots, but I doubt it's 88%!***

Jan 14, 2018, 9:10 PM

May be in downtown, but not in the entire metro area.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Idk, but there was a fan site that mapped it for each...

Jan 14, 2018, 9:16 PM

county in South Carolina and it wasn't close. Don't know how accurate, all estimations.

Mr. T said thousands and thousands so I gave him 100,000, you know, just because I'm nice.

Found it and again, who knows how accurate, but the largest

Jan 14, 2018, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Definitely majority coots, but I doubt it's 88%!*** ]

concentration of Clemson fans in the area is reported at 13% down to 9ish.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/03/upshot/ncaa-football-map.html#9,34.193,-81.380

Two things: 1] Always good to have a poke of fun with Mr. T. 2] Personal experience and some numbers, it's just not close, so the Mayor probably knows it's safe to do what he's doing?

Heck, even Nikki being in Cootlumbia named a day for Marcus Lattimore and she's supposedly a Tiger?

All in good fun, have a great night.

I'd be willing to bet that isn't too accurate considering

Jan 15, 2018, 8:15 AM

they have Clemson as only 51% Clemson fans

It's based on Facebook likes, maybe people don't "like" it

Jan 15, 2018, 10:10 AM

as much as you've been led to believe?

Something to ponder, not sam.

Seriously....

Jan 14, 2018, 9:14 PM [ in reply to How big is the metro area of Cootlumbia Mr. T? ]

I would say that 40 percent of that total don't give a rip about either one. Another
20 percent "pull" for Scar when they're doing well and are in the news (wimminz bb) with a big bunch that are transplants and die hard for some yankee team.

Idk exacts, I'm having fun with Mr. T, but it isn't close...

Jan 14, 2018, 9:30 PM

the Tiger to Dirt Pecker ratio.

Have a good one.

Re: Steve Benjamin just committed an NCAA violation with that tweet...

Jan 14, 2018, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Steve Benjamin just committed an NCAA violation with that tweet... ]

I believe you are correct sir!

Re: KornCOOT on Zion...........”BUT USC” what

Jan 14, 2018, 9:25 PM

if Mayor is a coot club member that might be a recruiting violation.

Re: KornCOOT on Zion...........”BUT USC” what

Jan 14, 2018, 10:00 PM

I'm still trying to figure out how the Coots getting a player that may only play half a season will help them land a top overall recruit like Zion? Nobody cares about this Bowen kid and probably don't even want to affiliate with another player/school that was just in a big scandal probe. Cleared or not,it's still alil fishy to me that a player and team mentioned in the report would still join together.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic