Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stephen A Smith claiming racism again over the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 79
| visibility 1

Stephen A Smith claiming racism again over the

Nov 28, 2012, 2:27 PM

coach at Colorado being fired. So is it racism that Ellis Johnson got fired after one year? Or Chizit getting canned 2 years after winning NC after really one bad year, cause he won the chic fi la bowl last year. Every time something happens to a black player or coach, he jumps on the race card. Maybe the guy shoulda have shown some improvement from going 1-11 in 2011 and not go 1-11 again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They play that card becuase it works for them. Unfortunately

Nov 28, 2012, 2:30 PM

as a society we have gotten so scared everytime the R word is thrown out there that we cater to everything they say and do in order to ### them up.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is this They

Nov 28, 2012, 2:40 PM

That you are referring to?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Black folks who play the race card, like Stephen A Smith***

Nov 28, 2012, 2:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's pretty clear to me that's what he meant. Anybody who

Nov 28, 2012, 3:41 PM

reads more than that into it is making quite a stretch.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: It's pretty clear to me that's what he meant. Anybody who

Nov 28, 2012, 8:38 PM

Anyone who made it more than that is apart of the "they".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is referring to black people.***

Nov 28, 2012, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Who is this They ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't believe so, although I can't speak for him.

Nov 28, 2012, 3:06 PM

There is a subset of black people who are "race baiters" and use racism to their advantage at every turn. This isn't "all black people," is just a small group.

Just like not all white people are KKK members.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously dude, when a white person uses the word "they"….

Nov 28, 2012, 3:12 PM

then proceed to use the word "society". That means they view black people as "they" and white people as "society". Don't try to act so naive that you don't know that.

I'm white, and I don't mean that.

Nov 28, 2012, 3:17 PM

So your statement is racist too, no?

You're not the one who made the comment….

Nov 28, 2012, 3:26 PM

only thing you did was try to water down his racial code terminology. I have no quarrel with you. I'm just pointing out what the phrase and words he used, have meant for a very long time. Anybody with an ounce of intelligence knows what those kind of phrases and words mean. And to deny that is just a falsehood. You didn't make the statement, so let the person who did account for what he posted.

I didn't try to water anything down, because I don't think

Nov 28, 2012, 3:32 PM

what he said was "racist."

I think it would be healthy for society if everyone would just calm down on all the racist BS, because most of it isn't true. Like saying a black coach was fired for being black, when he had the worst record in school history.

I wasn't talking about Colorado firing their coach….

Nov 28, 2012, 3:43 PM

in fact, I see nothing wrong with it. I was talking about the statement 6tiger9 made. And yes, 6tiger9 did use racial code word terminology in his statement. You and I both know that. You're just in denial that the statement was racist. It would be healthy for society if people didn't defend people who use racial code word terminology. I'm white also, I'm just able to acknowledge when a person is using racial code word terminology. I think you are smart enough to do the same. Remember, my point was about what 6tiger9 stated, not anything else.

Charleston Tom . . . what Tigerking79 means to say is . . .

Nov 28, 2012, 8:20 PM [ in reply to I didn't try to water anything down, because I don't think ]

that since you weren't the one that made TigerPaw80's comment, you cann't properly interpret the meaning, and therefore should leave it to him (TigerKing79) to interpret, even though he didn't make the comment either.

Make sense to you? Yeah, me neither.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it makes plenty of sense

Nov 28, 2012, 9:20 PM

"They play that card because it works for them."

He's just missing the point.

Now that's revealing . . .

Nov 28, 2012, 8:15 PM [ in reply to You're not the one who made the comment…. ]

on two levels. . .

first, you didn't make the comment either. So, b/c Charleston Tom didn't make it, he doesn't get it. But even though you didn't make it, you have monopolized rights of logic in properly rendering it? Whew!!

Secondly, noting that Charleston Tom's analysis is wrong b/c he didn't make the comment, carries the implication that if one did make the comment, they did mean it that way - which is to say that not making the comment is the only surefire way to be absolved of racism therein, which means that saying categorically condemns you for racism, which is the point - a perfect trap. There's no way to hold such an opinion without it being rendered an "us vs. them" racial paradigm.

Nice work.

No you have it backwards . . .

Nov 28, 2012, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Seriously dude, when a white person uses the word "they"…. ]

it's not that white people substitute "they" for blacks and "society" for whites. It's that conservative whites substitute "they" for progressives/liberals, and "society" for the rest of us.

If that's your explanation, then it's still stereotyping…..

Nov 28, 2012, 3:52 PM

That's funny, thats the worst kind of excuse for defending a racial code word statement I have ever heard. Here is the common definition for society: a community, nation, or broad grouping of people having common traditions, institutions, and collective activities and interests.

In the case of US society that includes all ethnic groups and political beliefs. My father is a conservative who has never owned a gun or went hunting. Yet, I have known hunters and gun owners who are liberal. As often with stereotyping, stereotyping groups of people within the US often turns out to be flat wrong. In the state of South Carolina both black and white people like to hunt, fish, drink beer, eat bbq, have a fish fry, go to church, and love watching college football.

Well that's an impertinent post if I ever read one . . .

Nov 28, 2012, 8:10 PM

Look, I'll give you a big high-five on the "stereotyping is bad" banner. We can agree on that.

But the proposition that my explanation is stereotyping still remains unsupported, despite your worthy primer on what stereotyping is. Speaking in generalities is different than stereotyping. One recognizes broad trends while leaving room for exceptions. The other universalizes particulars and defines the broad trends based on that stereotype.

Although I should correct myself by noting that TigerPaw80's post used society more broadly than I did - he said "as a society" we get scared every time "the R word" is mentioned . . . I sort of limited it to everyone other than race-baiters. Well of course, it's not accurate to say that race-baiters aren't part of society, but maybe a better way to say it would be, society at large, most of society, etc. The point being that the race-baiters aren't scared of the R word, b/c they use it all the time. The only ones who're scared of it are the ones reacting in fear to the race-baiters use of it. So, word it how you will, but the point is, "they" doesn't mean blacks, it means race-baiters. And society, in TigerPaw80's analysis, refers to the rest of/bulk of society's reaction to the use of the R word. It doesn't follow that he, or I, were claiming that any one group is excluded from the definition of society, strictly speaking - he was just pointing out, and I was agreeing, that the subset of aggressive concerted race-baiters have the rest of us - writ large, by the b@lls, so that we're scared to deal with it head on, for fear of claims of racist, coded raced language, and the like.

Re: Seriously dude, when a white person uses the word "they"….

Nov 28, 2012, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Seriously dude, when a white person uses the word "they"…. ]

Dude that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Even from a liberal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

race baiter***

Nov 28, 2012, 3:30 PM [ in reply to He is referring to black people.*** ]

There we go again . . .

Nov 28, 2012, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Who is this They ]

we can't even say the word "they" without it being a race issue?

Someone says "they say there's no such thing as a free lunch," and we all nod our heads.

Someone says "they say what goes around comes around," and no one wets their pants.

But someone says "they" about a political/racially related issue, and all heeyyyol breaks lose.

###??

Haven't you heard? The entire english language is racist

Nov 28, 2012, 3:32 PM

according to Jim Clyburn

I have NOT heard that. But I am not surprised. But

Nov 28, 2012, 3:35 PM

does not Jim Clyburn speak English? If so, doesn't that make him a hypocrite, and if so, am I racist for calling him one? And, if I attempt to backtrack and exonerate him by saying he isn't a hypocrite b/c he doesn't speak english, then am I a racist for saying he doesn't speak english? Wow, I'm up a creek either way, aren't I?

He has never said that, just something a far right winger...

Nov 28, 2012, 3:56 PM

made up, CharlestonTom heard it, kept it in his mind and believed it to be true.

There we go again….

Nov 28, 2012, 3:54 PM [ in reply to There we go again . . . ]

people denying racism when some one makes an overtly racist comment.

Re: There we go again….

Nov 28, 2012, 8:45 PM

No one on here has made an overly racist comment.

Intact. Racism wasn't even issue until you posted. Good job.

A thread was made discussing a coaches firing that was deemed racist and when someone used the term "they" to refer to "those" who use the race card "at every turn" you posted to start a racist argument. Good job.

People who annoy you.

Nov 28, 2012, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Who is this They ]

Naggers.

There's something in these hills.

Looks like someone beat me to it...

Nov 28, 2012, 2:43 PM [ in reply to They play that card becuase it works for them. Unfortunately ]

but I don't know who "they" is and I do not cater to anyone and personally Stephen A. Smith is a Racist Askhole who I'd love to punch in the mouth one good time.

Re: They play that card becuase it works for them. Unfortunately

Nov 28, 2012, 2:46 PM [ in reply to They play that card becuase it works for them. Unfortunately ]

I don't care what card they play. All this racist BS is a joke. The only racists are the one's who keep bringing up. Sorry,but black people bring up race a whole lot more than other groups. Not buying it. Try working to better yourself and you might keep a job a little bit longer.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trying working on not stereotyping a whole ethnic group….

Nov 28, 2012, 3:09 PM

With the way a lot of white people bring up that there aren't enough white babies being born, you can't say that black people bring up the race card more than other groups. Not buying it. Try working to better yourself by not buying into the stereotypes that your parents taught you and there might be less white people on welfare in the state of South Carolina.

Re: Trying working on not stereotyping a whole ethnic group….

Nov 28, 2012, 8:47 PM

I have never heard not on e in my entire life a white person say there arnt enough white babies being born. WtheII are you talking about?

"They"? Excuse me we are all human beings…...

Nov 28, 2012, 3:02 PM [ in reply to They play that card becuase it works for them. Unfortunately ]

no matter what ethnic group we belong to. There is no "They". Your statement is so obvious, that anybody can ascertain that you think black people are "They" and "society" are white people. Now that's racist.

By the way there are many Clemson athletes that are black, or from other non-white ethnic groups. Just some food for thought. Time to move on from the 19th century.

Re: "They"? Excuse me we are all human beings…...

Nov 28, 2012, 3:16 PM

ah the joys of seeing TK pull out the race card every chance he gets.

null

I didn't pull out the race card, I pointed out the fact that

Nov 28, 2012, 3:21 PM

all human beings are equal no matter what there ethnic group is. And I just pointed out his obvious racial code word terminology. Ah, the joys of seeing 19th century mindset from clemtiger117.

Your assessment depends on whether or not

Nov 28, 2012, 3:47 PM

he was really using race code word terminology, which he was not, meaning your assessment fails miserably.

The necessary distinction to make is that there is an act involved (playing the race card) which is related to the issue of race, but which is not defined by the race of the actor.

If any use of "they/society" by a white person within the context of this converstation can only mean race, then, by definition, you've rendered it logically impossible for anyone to refer negatively to the use of the race card, b/c by definition (according to such reason), that person was referring to the race, and not the act. If I tell someone "good day," but they've made up their mind beyond all discussion that those words actually mean "kiss mine," then it is literally impossible for me to greet them that way without it being misconstrued.

Playing the race card is an act, and as long as some insist that people are categorically disallowed from referring to that act and instead must be saddled with the accusation that when they say A it really means B, then the discussion is cut off at the knees.

Dude, I said nothing about race card…..

Nov 28, 2012, 4:03 PM

I commented on his racial code terminology of "they" and "society". I never said anything about people can't claim another person of using the "race card". Now your just making stuff up in order to continue an argument which you have lost. And if you check another one of my posts in this thread, I stated I saw nothing wrong with Colorado firing their coach. Also, I stated that anytime Stephen A Smith comments on something that is not NBA related he looks like a moron most of the time. As often with stereotyping, your stereotyping of me doesn't stick.

Re: Dude, I said nothing about race card…..

Nov 28, 2012, 7:22 PM

Okay, let's sort some things out. . .

I recognize you aren't saying Embree's firing was racist. But while we're clarifying what we did and didn't say, notice that i never claimed otherwise about you in that regard.

Secondly, it's fine that you commented that Smith's comments on non-NBA issues makes him look like a moron, but again, that's nothing contrary to what I said. I didn't accuse you of carrying Stephen A. Smith's water.

And third, I did not accuse you of taking the position that folks aren't allowed to make accusations of playing the race card. What I said, and what you said, was more subtle than that. Of COURSE no one would ever CLAIM that it's categorically out of bounds to make accusations of playing the race card. Claiming that as an explicit position would be an insurmountable death knell to their argument. But in *effect*, the same result is reached by taking claims that are not about race, and must not of necessity be racial explicitly, implicitly, or according to logic, and insisting that they are code for racism/racial meaning. It's agreement with the theoretical possibility without every recognizing specific examples. The logical upshot is that the race card doesn't have to be supported, but only played, and thus, in effect, not by explicit *claim* but in effect, it's impossible to render any such race card playing accusation as anything other than a pretext.

No, you didn't say anything endorsing the idea that race card accusations are always wrong, but by bending over backwards to read between the lines of something that wasn't racial, you leave no room for any other result.

THEY

Nov 28, 2012, 3:33 PM [ in reply to "They"? Excuse me we are all human beings…... ]

meaning race-baitors, not black people. Plenty of black people are not race baiters, and plenty of white people are. BY DEFINITION, and EXPLICITLY, he was referring to those that play the race card, which, is defined by those that play the race card, be they black, white, Japanese, New Zealander, Kangaroo, Neptunian or Collie. The category is defined AS those who play the race card, hence "they" can only logically and grammatically mean one thing - those that play the race card.

The end.

Wrong again….

Nov 28, 2012, 4:19 PM

"They play that card becuase it works for them. Unfortunately as a society we have gotten so scared everytime the R word is thrown out there that we cater to everything they say and do in order to ### them up."

There is his statement right there, and it's racial code terminology is more than obvious.

You try to explain it away by saying plenty of white people are race baiters (which is patently false, but that's besides the point). Lets apply that to his statement. He states "They play that card because it works for them". You state that they are plenty of white race baiters. How would a white person benefit from playing the race card. A white person is already a member of the majority ethnic group in this country. Nothing would benefit a white person, by playing the race card because they are already a member of the majority ethnic group. It wouldn't help out a white person in no way shape or form. The only person that could benefit by playing the race card is a member of a minority group, because it brings attention to them and is an attempt to shield criticism of them.

Here is something else for you, Jesse Jackson plays the race card. But at the same time black people have been ignoring Jesse Jackson on a whole since the early 90's when it became obvious that the only thing Jesse Jackson cared about was Jesse Jackson.

The end.

You're analyzing the wrong dynamic . . .

Nov 28, 2012, 7:30 PM

Race isn't the real dynamic at work, it's ideology and worldview. I hear whites race baiting on TV and read it in print and on the internet far more than blacks. Politicians, media anchors and types, journalists, bloggers, etc.

But social and political race-baiting is not an end, but a means. That's why white talking heads, journalists, bureaucrats, compliance officers, tolerance czars, CEO's etc. and the like will race bait from here to kingdom come, b/c there is a worldview to defend that depends on it, and there are plenty of whites who share that worldview. If you oppose certain approved intelligentsia members who happen to be black and who follow the worldview and political orthodoxy de jure, then you're considered racist for doing so. If you opposed minorities who are NOT part of that group, you aren't tagged as such. Thus, it's about worldview and ideology, not race.

Stephen A. Smith may be the most ignorant and annoying

Nov 28, 2012, 2:30 PM

analyst and human being on the entire planet. I wish I could get paid for being ignorant and continously screaming about things into a tv camera or microphone.

Yep. Him and Jim Rome.***

Nov 28, 2012, 2:37 PM

HOLY COW - - CT and I have a base line for agreement . . .

I would TU you but I am probably at least 45 minutes away from the closest shower I could get to.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Amen Clemson Mike, point for you! Agree 100%***

Nov 28, 2012, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Stephen A. Smith may be the most ignorant and annoying ]

Skip Bayless is getting paid for being ignorant and….

Nov 28, 2012, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Stephen A. Smith may be the most ignorant and annoying ]

scream about things into a tv camera or a microphone. So don't lose hope, you may have a future in it too, if both of those guys do.

Don't you know if a Black coach succeeds, it's because of...

Nov 28, 2012, 2:36 PM

his hard work and determination, but if he fails, it because of racism. In that scenario, a black coach is never responsible for his shortcomings as they can all be blamed on racism. Yet, he is fully responsible for his successes. Not a bad gig.

Exactly, if you don't want to be fired, don't go 1-11

Nov 28, 2012, 2:42 PM

2 straight years. Make some improvement in year 2

reminds me of obama***

Nov 28, 2012, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Don't you know if a Black coach succeeds, it's because of... ]

Re: Stephen A Smith claiming racism again over the

I think you need to keep this in perspective . Not they but to whomever it applies. Yes some people still try to use that card but not all so please keep this type of thing in perspective. Racism is still alive and kicking but everytime someone of color comes up short in life the assumption by some is that color played a part in it, which is not always true.Big time college athletics is all about the money.

Stephen A Smith didnt even know Ellis Johnson

Nov 28, 2012, 2:44 PM

before it was brought up in production meeting this morning... While racism still exists and will always exist, this is ignorance of epic proportions!! He was hired at Colorado by the same people who fired him?? Do you not think they knew this when they hired him or did they realize it when they fired him... SAS is a basketball man and he should stick to his area on expertise before making such claims, period.

Agreed, the only thing Stephen A Smith knows about is the...

Nov 28, 2012, 3:28 PM

NBA. He just looks moronic when he comments on anything outside of the NBA.

Nov 28, 2012, 2:42 PM

Bryant now you know we have to be PC! :)

If they would stop screaming racism every time a black gets

Nov 28, 2012, 2:44 PM

fired, maybe more would get hired.

Nov 28, 2012, 2:49 PM

I seriously doubt it was racism, but Embree got way more of a raw deal than those other coaches.

Ellis Johnson drove a conference championship winning program into the ground in just 1 year, and Chizik proved that he couldn't win without Malzahn and Newton. Embree was given 2 years to fix a program that hadn't been to a bowl game since 2007.

Nov 28, 2012, 2:51 PM

Amen, Bryant......sick of PC nonsense pervading our society.

Nov 28, 2012, 3:20 PM

He didnt say he was fired over racism. He was sayin alot of colleges dont hire over race. He was up front sayin he would have fired him too.

I strongly dislike SAS and he didn't word it well, but I

Nov 28, 2012, 2:54 PM

think what he was trying to say yesterday (that's when I saw him talking about it) was that once a black coach gets fired, he doesn't get a chance anywhere else.

I was thinking yesterday - name a white coach that has . . .

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Ron Zook got another chance, so did Charlie Weiss***

Nov 28, 2012, 4:21 PM

so did a black guy named Tyrone Willingham***

Nov 28, 2012, 8:29 PM

but the reverse-racism was OK....

Nov 28, 2012, 2:54 PM

when it helped him get the job.

Oh the hypocrisy !!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Welcome to 2012, USA***

Nov 28, 2012, 3:12 PM

Re: Welcome to 2012, USA***

Nov 28, 2012, 3:19 PM

We have not seen anything yet. Just wait until 2016, if we are still here.

Why is Stephen A Smith brought up all the time on here….

Nov 28, 2012, 3:14 PM

Stephen A Smith is a low level sports pundit, yet posters on here act like he is some big name person in sports journalism who carries weight. If your going to complain about Stephen A Smith, then complain about Skip Bayless and all the other low level sports pundits that are morons.

Nov 28, 2012, 3:18 PM

It's racist for questioning what Stephen A. Smith does or does not find to be racist.

Nov 28, 2012, 3:24 PM

See the conversation started as Dan Hawkins had 5 seasons of mediocrity and this guy Embree had 2yrs. Colorado has been terrible for some time now. It's not like it was there 1st losing season. Any person who took that job was going to go through tough times there. Granted he didn't take advantage of the opportunity he was given, but obviously he had a shorter leash than his predecessor.

Stephen A. Smith makes a valid point. It's funny that people act like there is no racism going on, or that race doesn't play a big factor in a lot of decisions that are made in regards to hiring FBS coaches of color. It's pretty obvious to everyone that this is a factor.
The fact of the matter is 46% of all CFB FBS athletes are african american. So for there to be only 41 Black FBS coaches EVER, yes EVER, and for only 1 of those guys to be rehired(Tyrone Willingham) is speaks volumes abt college football athletics.
The disparity with those statistics is what was the point Stephen A. Smith was pointing out. Yes Colorado sucked, but there is a bigger issue that needs to be addressed.

Also, Ellis Johnson was fired because So Miss was 12-2 with 13 starters coming back and went 0-12. Very different situations. As for Chizik, look at his record as a head coach minus Cam Newton's magical season. It is very underwhelming.

Nov 28, 2012, 3:27 PM

he was on the money on this , and i hardly agree with Stephen a.

Good point, Dan Hawkins did terrible and kept playing his...

Nov 28, 2012, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Stephen A Smith claiming racism again over the ]

son at QB even though his back up was better and was still given more time. But at the same time, when you go 1-10 in back to back seasons with zero improvement shown, then Colorado was right in letting him go.

One case, where race did play a factor in how fast a coach was let go was at ND with Ty Willingham. Now I'm not saying Willingham would have turned ND around and he wouldn't have, but Charlie Weiss did worse than him and he was given a huge 10 year contract for just having a close game with the USC Trojans.

YES IT WAS RACE . . .

Nov 28, 2012, 3:27 PM

It was DEFINITELY race. Think about it. Colorado HIRED a black coach JUST SO THAT they could fire a black coach. It makes perfect sense, right? DON'T ANSWER THAT!!!

You should know better than to challenge the validity of the race card. It always wins. And the deeper irony is, is that challenging the race card makes you . . . YOU GUESSED IT - RACIST!!! Cause we're all racits, 'cept the progressive self-appointed intelligentsia!!!

That is all.

Nov 28, 2012, 3:35 PM

I never heard anyone say Embree was fired because of his race, Colorado point differential was like -25 per game.

Embree said he wasn't given the same amount of support from the administration as his predecessor had, and that race played a factor into that.

And you did just what he wanted you to do by

Nov 28, 2012, 3:54 PM

coming here to talk about it. Smith is looking to get attention just like anybody else. It just so happens he has an easy way to do it anytime anybody is critical of a black person who is doing a terrible job.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2012, 4:00 PM

I am trying to figure out if some of these poster really believe what they are posting or just making statements that support their argument.

The sentiment that I am getting here is that there is no more racism and black people use race anytime something doesn't go as planned professionally or personally in their life. Also, that everyone is on the same playing field when it comes to career opportunities or leadership positions.

Let me remind all of you that The South is the most blatantly racist region in the country historically and currently. That won't ever change in my opinion because of the history. It has improved greatly from say the 80's, but not at the point THEY seem to be implying.

I can't say that I am surprised.

who gives a shi+ what Stephen A Smith says,

Nov 28, 2012, 4:22 PM

he already showed his idiocy and lunacy with the "Hello Kitty" stuff.

i will never watch that racist ####### again.

Bill McCartney, a white guy, agrees with Stephen A. on this

Nov 28, 2012, 4:25 PM

http://kdvr.com/2012/11/28/ex-coach-bill-mccartney-accuses-cu-of-racism-in-jon-embree-firing/

BOULDER, Colo. — National-title winning head coach Bill McCartney, who was at the helm of the CU Buffaloes football program during the glory days of the 1980s and 90s, has accused his former employer of racism in the firing of Jon Embree.

McCartney made those comments on an ESPN Denver radio program hosted by Nate Kreckman and former Buffalo quarterback Charles Johnson Wednesday. He began with some milder commentary but ended his segment by raising his voice about what he called the unjust treatment of Embree, who was fired after two years at CU with a 4-21 final record.

As a benchmark for his concern, McCartney referenced the trials he was allowed to endure at the beginning of his 12 years at CU and the length of the tenure allotted to Embree’s white predecessor, Dan Hawkins, who was given fire years before he was fired.

“I honestly think (I got more time) because I’m Caucasian,” McCartney said. “I believe black men have less opportunity, less tenure, shorter time.”

Nov 28, 2012, 7:29 PM

Smith is a one trick pony!!

Nov 28, 2012, 8:21 PM

Stephen A Smith is an idiot.
He would be an idiot if he was white.
He would be an idiot if he was green.
etc.

this stuff grinds my gears...

Nov 28, 2012, 8:25 PM

every time a black coach gets canned for having a bad record they complain.colorado was supposed to keep that guy for 30 years even if he sucked.because of his skin color.its bs.they say more minorities need to be hired as coaches but this is the drawback to it.you can hire a minority but once you fire them for stinking it up you get dubbed a racist for doing so.double standards at its finest.

Look at the records of Black coaches. Not very successful.

Nov 28, 2012, 8:32 PM

If their track record isn't successful then are you supposed to retain them just because they are black? The next argument is that there has been a disproportionate share of black coaches vs whites. Answer to that is just look at the percentage of successful black coaches to those that have been hired. Again, a dismal result.

its a double edge sword...

Nov 28, 2012, 8:38 PM

hire a black coach.get the race baiters off of your back...he stinks it up and doesnt win much and fire him.get the race baiters back on your back for firing a guy for not doing a good job.in other words you are going to hire this guy and even if he sucks you arent allowed to fire him.if so we will call you a racist for firing him.when in reality his race is what got him the job to begin with.

Exactly***

Nov 28, 2012, 8:47 PM

Replies: 79
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic