Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
States with fewest millionaires often vote Republican
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 327

States with fewest millionaires often vote Republican

Aug 25, 2018, 11:43 AM

Why aren’t the free market principles working best in states with Republican leadership?

In both a % and absolute rank of millionaires by state.

https://www.kiplinger.com/slideshow/investing/T031-S001-millionaires-in-america-all-50-states-ranked/index.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: States with fewest millionaires often vote Republican

Aug 25, 2018, 12:35 PM

Only had to read what qualifies as a millionaire. May be one of the most blatant examples of outcome bias I've seen in a while. You are not a millionaire if you own $10M worth of farm land, but only have $900K of "investable assets". You are a millionaire if you rent an apt in silicon valley and have 5000 shares of Apple stock and own nothing else.

Market correction, oops who is a millionaire now ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: States with fewest millionaires often vote Republican

Aug 25, 2018, 12:39 PM

I'm not sure the gauge of the success of free market principles is related more to which party controls the state government. A extreme example is NY. Being a world center for trade, the heart of financial business of this country is a factor in the gauge of NY being an example of a success free market.

NY is also a center of population which was drawn and built around such a concentration of market principles. One millionaire's vote is no more or less than the vote of the poorest resident. Then same holds true for California. The major cities determine the governorship and many more representatives in congress than the farm areas where population is so sparse.

I think the system is quite fair and a good shot at a perfect government.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 327
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic