»
Topic: Starting a movement to have a special place of honor for
Replies: 6   Last Post: Nov 13, 2018 9:34 PM by: Tiger1Dad
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

Starting a movement to have a special place of honor for

[4]
Posted: Nov 13, 2018 8:13 PM

Terry Don Phillips. The wisest AD Clemson has ever had. He hired Dabo as head football coach, he stood by Dabo when his second team did't do so well and many were calling for a new head coach. He didn't quit on Dabo after the terrible Orange Bowl loss to WVU. He saw something special in Dabo and believed in him.
For that Clemson owes Terry Don Phillips a special place of honor. Where would we be now if not for the courage of TDP to hire and keep a men of character like Dabo, it took both of them to change the culture at Clemson.
Go Tigers!!!!

Re: Starting a movement to have a special place of honor for

Posted: Nov 13, 2018 8:18 PM

I have to agree, year two I thought we had lost our minds, Carolina was leaving us in the dust and we were playing loyal favorites. I will be the first to admit how wrong I was.

2019 white level member

Posted: Nov 13, 2018 8:42 PM

That loss to WVU...well let's face it...a good old fashioned "Alabama Beat Down" (courtesy of Kenny Powers) was a real WTF. It made no sense. Did not compute. Still not sure what happened there.

#1 Kevin Steele,...#2 Kevin Steele,...#3 Kevin Steele,...***

Posted: Nov 13, 2018 9:14 PM

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

[2]
Posted: Nov 13, 2018 9:26 PM

I for one am very thankful for that WVU beatdown, it is why we now have the very dang best Defensive Coordinator in College Football residing here at Clemson. If that had never occured Brent would likely not be here, I do love me some BV . Not just what he puts on the field , he is a hoot to watch on the sidelines, that is one intense man on gameday.

Totally agree... and thank you, Kevin Steele.***

Posted: Nov 13, 2018 9:28 PM

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Totally agree... and thank you, Kevin Steele.***

Posted: Nov 13, 2018 9:34 PM

Do not forget to mention Big Game Boob in your thanks,his nepotism played a large role too. I never miss a chance to thank OU fans for BV, it kinda gets a sad,funny look from them.

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: South Carolina
FOR SALE: $110 for one ticket to game in Columbia. Section 503, row 40. Call, text, or email please @ 803-517...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1044 people have read this post