Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Start at the Beginnng-THE BUS RIDE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,054

Start at the Beginnng-THE BUS RIDE

Oct 20, 2013, 9:09 AM

Can someone please explain to me why in this world were cameras allowed on the bus for the ride to the top of the hill? Football is a violent, aggressive sport and demands physical prowess and mental preparation not unlike ice hockey which I coached for many years. NO ONE WAS EVER ALLOWED IN MY LOCKER ROOM AFTER 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE GAME! No EXCEPTIONS! That bus ride is a Clemson tradition--every bit as much as the run down the hill. What happens in there and in a locker room in amateur sports needs to stay there. Athletes have different ways of getting ready for any game let alone a big game and lets say that many things are said that would not be shown or heard at Sunday Church!
The Tigers were flat, the coaches were flat, the bus ride (as my wife said)looked like a ride to the freaking morgue not a ride to CONFRONT a worthy opponent and try to destroy them on the field!
Whoever gave permission for any cameras to be on that bus ride should be either severely reprimanded or fired. That was not the Clemson Tigers that I saw at the top of the hill but rather a bunch of charlatans with little emotional preparation for ANY game let alone a huge game like the one to be played last nite!
Pre game prep involves prayer for some players, trash talk for others, etc.etc. A team of mine never hit the ice without having the opportunity of personal reflections immediately prior to any game.
I was astonished by what I saw or better yet did not see on that bus ride and it should never be allowed to happen again.!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Start at the Beginnng-THE BUS RIDE

Oct 20, 2013, 9:11 AM

yes ...but did Tajh get to meet LeBron James...thats the important thing here..

The effort all went into the salad instead of main course***

Oct 20, 2013, 9:12 AM

Oct 20, 2013, 9:15 AM

All I could hear on that bus was our coach trying to help the big show succeed.

Oct 20, 2013, 9:17 AM

Same ride as Georgia except last night we got whipped by a better team.

Everybody trusts espn --- Easy to see what they are doing***

Oct 20, 2013, 9:21 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2013, 9:26 AM

"The Tigers were flat, the coaches were flat, the bus ride (as my wife said)looked like a ride to the freaking morgue not a ride to CONFRONT a worthy opponent and try to destroy them on the field!"

I saw the same thing. Their body language said they were defeated before they took the field. Even at the top of the hill, and the run down, there was no excitement, no emotion, no confidence.

I doubt it was the cameras fault, though. It is the coaches responsibility to get them mentally and emotionally prepared.

Oct 20, 2013, 9:31 AM

Well at least one person could see the same thing I saw. Your description was totally accurate from all points. NO MORE BUS RIDES WITH CAMERAS!

Oct 20, 2013, 9:36 AM

I'm not a Clemson fan, but I thought the cameras on the bus, national TV was a great idea to impress recruits who were watching. My guess is, had Clemson won.... cameras on the bus would have been fine. I think you are looking for something to blame. I'm not a

My reply is going to sound sarcastic so I apologize, but

Oct 20, 2013, 9:46 AM

Really?

This seems quite a reach to blame that debacle even if only partly, on the fact some cameras were on the buses. The ground was laid for that performance long before and involved many other issues than just some cameras on the buses. I don't know what the answers are but if Dabo actually said he would be banning cameras on the buses from here on out, thereby implying that performance could be blamed on something other than coaching, he will look silly.

Re: My reply is going to sound sarcastic so I apologize, but

Oct 20, 2013, 9:49 AM

Agree 100%
Embarrassing to blame a televised bus ride for a destruction.

the hill coverage was not as good as in the georgia game...

Oct 20, 2013, 10:09 AM

however, the Georgia coverage was about as perfect as it could be.

Start right here with your blame: O line

Oct 20, 2013, 10:12 AM

Theirs played very well. Ours did not.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,054
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic