Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chick-fil-A agrees to end anti-gay donations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

Chick-fil-A agrees to end anti-gay donations

Sep 19, 2012, 2:38 PM

http://chicagophoenix.com/2012/09/18/chick-fil-a-agrees-to-end-anti-gay-donations-mandates-equal-treatment-of-gays/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

" Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Sep 19, 2012, 2:42 PM

I guess dollars trump hatred.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully they'll end their anti-gay donations but continue their

Sep 19, 2012, 2:46 PM

pro-traditional marriage donations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

CFA,, Going forward they will stay out of social debates

Sep 19, 2012, 2:48 PM

CFA......“The company today has put into writing, for the first time, that its employees are to ‘treat every person with honor, dignity and respect — regardless of their beliefs, race, creed, sexual orientation and gender. .. our intent is not to engage in political or social debates." ........“Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/chick-fil-a-re-evaluates-funding-for-anti-gay-marriage-groups/

" Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think."

I'm sure their franchisees are grateful to hear this.***

Sep 19, 2012, 2:53 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A few of the CFA franchisees have come out against Mr Cathy

Sep 19, 2012, 3:01 PM

A few of the CFA franchisees have come out against Mr Cathy saying they did not agree with his statements.

A few CFA franchisees will never get another francise

Sep 19, 2012, 3:03 PM

location again.

CFA locations have been closing due to their stance

Sep 19, 2012, 3:08 PM

Universities across the country have been closing CFA's on their campuses. Others have sent word the contracts would not be renewed when they expire.

Serious question ...

Sep 19, 2012, 3:13 PM

Did the franchise owners/universities NOT know where the corporate donations were going? It is not like the Cathy family has been silent about their Chritian faith.

If they didn't, they must not be very savvy.

Message was edited by: CUTiger1989®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Universities contract out their food services

Sep 19, 2012, 3:32 PM

Universities contract out their food services to outside vendors.

Yea to ARA etc.but fast food restaurants typically work

Sep 19, 2012, 3:40 PM

directly with universities, from what I've seen and experienced.

I have heard of one. Please share the ones all across

Sep 19, 2012, 3:15 PM [ in reply to CFA locations have been closing due to their stance ]

the nation.

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Show me a listing of...

Sep 19, 2012, 3:23 PM [ in reply to CFA locations have been closing due to their stance ]

all the CFA closings on campuses and non-renewals of contracts.

I do not doubt your statement, I would just like to know how many and where at.

Is Auburn closing their CFA...

Sep 19, 2012, 3:29 PM

Cassanova's gonna be upset.

Doubt it! I have heard of one and that was at Princeton

Sep 19, 2012, 3:31 PM

I think. Contract was ending anyway

Davidson suspended, Duke did not renew their contract

Sep 19, 2012, 3:43 PM

Davidson suspended, Duke and NYU will not renew their contracts. Many other Universities have made statements about looking into not renewing their contracts when they expire.

Classic liberal response. Tolerance? Freedom of speech?

Sep 19, 2012, 3:38 PM [ in reply to CFA locations have been closing due to their stance ]

Not!!

liberals = FAIL!!

No respect for religious freedom or freedom of speech.

Liberals prove every day how full of sh!t and hypocritical they are!!!

Left to g'ment = FAIL!***

Sep 19, 2012, 2:58 PM [ in reply to CFA,, Going forward they will stay out of social debates ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Sad

Sep 19, 2012, 2:57 PM

They should be able to do or say whatever they want to.

The gays act like they have more rights.....

Sad.....

Re: Sad

Sep 19, 2012, 3:15 PM

> They should be able to do or say whatever they want
> to.
>

They can do or say whatever they want. And it seems what they want is to stay in business.

Freedom of speech doesn't include insulation from the repercussion of one's words.

Their business has not suffered. Increased I bet***

Sep 19, 2012, 3:17 PM

I don't know if it's decreased, but I doubt it's increased

Sep 19, 2012, 3:30 PM

either, other than that one day of the little right wing demonstration.

Face it. Both sides blew this thing out of proportion.

Agreed.***

Sep 19, 2012, 3:32 PM

CFL is always steady but since D-Day they are consistently

Sep 19, 2012, 4:06 PM [ in reply to I don't know if it's decreased, but I doubt it's increased ]

busier from what I've seen in Charleston.

Re: Sad

Sep 19, 2012, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Sad ]

Your statement assumes Chick-Fil-A's business has suffered.

It has not.

I hear/read this a lot. What MORE rights do gay people

Sep 20, 2012, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Sad ]

want exactly?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

I love chick fil a

Sep 19, 2012, 3:00 PM

Disappointed in them backing down.

Smart business. I said when this first erupted that Truitt

Sep 19, 2012, 3:10 PM

Cathy was too shrewd of a business mind to get sucked into a political firestorm that could hurt his business. This is a good move for Chic Fil A.

Sadly this gay organization doesn't believe in freedom of

Sep 19, 2012, 3:14 PM

speech, they can say what they want about him, but he can't say what he wants. Hypocrisy anyone? I just hope he stands by his statement and doesn't fold to this anti american group. Stand behind God's word and not what man thinks

I agree. +1***

Sep 19, 2012, 3:16 PM

Regardless, it's still smart business to treat everyone

Sep 19, 2012, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Sadly this gay organization doesn't believe in freedom of ]

with the same respect, and to make it part of your Company's policy.

I actually have more respect for him and his company now.

They have always treated people the same regardless...

Sep 19, 2012, 3:22 PM

that is why they are so successful today.

They may have just put it in writing as a publicity formality, but they've always practiced high levels of kindness and service to all.

Exactly it has long been one of America's most admired

Sep 19, 2012, 4:21 PM

businesses and among the best to work for.

Your subject heading is completely mis-leading

Sep 19, 2012, 3:23 PM

CFA has never supported Anti-homo organizations. They support Pro-family groups. CFA did not say they would not continue support of these groups, only "review" who they support. They stated they did not want to become political. Well, what Mr. Kathy said was not political, until the Anti-Christian hate groups made it political. Doesn't look like they are backing down to me.

so they're still funding research for a cure?***

Sep 19, 2012, 3:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, Mr Cathy needs to go through 1 of those treatments ****

Sep 19, 2012, 3:36 PM

you seem concerned & helpful, which treatment would that be?***

Sep 19, 2012, 3:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exodus International who CFA was donating money to.....

Sep 19, 2012, 3:49 PM

Exodus International intense shock treatment program

I know of a guy whos parents put him through this program, he is not the same person.

terrible some of the lengths some people will go to in the

Sep 19, 2012, 3:59 PM

name of love.

Re: Yep, Mr Cathy needs to go through 1 of those treatments ****

Sep 19, 2012, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Yep, Mr Cathy needs to go through 1 of those treatments **** ]

Then I guess God does too huh? Cause he is the one who stated this and is the truth rather you like it or not, God can do whatever he wants with his creation, he doesn't ask for your opinion. It's unnatural and is against what God created and is an abomination to him.

"Its for the freaking children"!***

Sep 19, 2012, 3:43 PM [ in reply to so they're still funding research for a cure?*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think we're all indebted to you for clearly stating what

Sep 19, 2012, 3:50 PM

what needed to be said.

It's a shame that if you stand by your beliefs

Sep 19, 2012, 3:53 PM

of what you consider to be God's word, then you're speaking hate speech. Call it what you will, but God said it's an abomination and is against it, and what he is against, I AM also. Call it hate all you want, but look in the mirror

Stand by your beliefs. I'm certainly not asking Cathy

Sep 19, 2012, 9:56 PM

to change his beliefs. I don't even care if the man speaks of his beliefs. I even agree with his spiritual beliefs.

I disagree with his opinion on how to react to people that are loving their lives opposed to those beliefs.

And I #### sure don't have to pay money to his business if I know a small part of that money goes towards hate groups.

Apparently a lot of people felt the same way about where they wanted their money going.

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

Re: Chick-fil-A agrees to end anti-gay donations

Sep 19, 2012, 4:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3KskO3_2YQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=6s

Good for them but not funding hate groups should be a no brainier.

Do you consider blacks a hate group? The Catholic church?

Sep 19, 2012, 4:12 PM

Peaceful Muslims in America?

They believe the same thing, but no one is bullying or protesting them. Get your head out your butt. This was nothing more than another excuse for liberals to use selective hypocritical outrage to bash white republican Christians and feel smug & superior!!

Re: Do you consider blacks a hate group? The Catholic church?

Sep 19, 2012, 4:18 PM

Those aren't a business I go to either. I guess I use to go to CFA before the statement but stopped because I didn't agree with them.

Probably still won't going back because I don't want to look like all those people who were standing in line for a fried sandwich.

Answer the question! Do you??????***

Sep 19, 2012, 4:22 PM

Blacks faught for equal rights , so did women

Sep 19, 2012, 4:32 PM

Many groups have faught to be treated equally.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with my question. It is

Sep 19, 2012, 11:27 PM

truly Amazing how libs can never answer yes or no simple black and white questions.

Re: Answer the question! Do you??????***

Sep 19, 2012, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Answer the question! Do you??????*** ]

Sorry, I ignore dumb questions.

So is Dabo a hater? You support him dont'cha?***

Sep 19, 2012, 4:52 PM

Elcid grasping for straws *****

Sep 19, 2012, 5:17 PM

^^^^ Hater of chicken-eaters***

Sep 19, 2012, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you consider blacks a hate group? The Catholic church? ]

Yet you ignorantly shop at plenty of other places that have

Sep 19, 2012, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you consider blacks a hate group? The Catholic church? ]

policies you disagree with but don't know. Suddenly the MSM makes a huge deal out of comments that were not hateful at all and were already common knowledge, but suddenly you're offended? Whatever. Everyone knows they are family owned and christian based.

Re: Yet you ignorantly shop at plenty of other places that have

Sep 19, 2012, 4:42 PM

A) You don't know my shopping patterns

B) I don't care if they are Christian. What I had a problem with was the company policy of using company profits to fund hate groups like the FRC. A group that thinks that there should be laws against homosexuality and that all gay people are pedos.

I don't need to know your shopping habits, almost every

Sep 19, 2012, 11:40 PM

company donates quietly to various cause that people would find controversial yet don't know about it.

Christian organizations aren't hate groups. Nice blanket assumption.

Are AME churches hate groups?

Are Muslim organizations in America hate groups?

CFL is not a publicly owned company, it is family owned, they can do anything they want with their money.

If you want to be outraged about something be upset with the DOJ for using taxpayer money to pay Media Matters to attack the free press when they do their job and investigate corruption at the DOJ.

Or be outraged that people are forced in many states to join unions and pay dues and have those dues fund organizations directly opposed to that persons beliefs.

Or that our president skips over half of his intel briefings and spends more time playing golf, campaigning, and being on silly TV shows while our embassies are under terrorist attack and Americans are being killed because we ignored repeated warnings and failed to protect our people.

Save your outrage for real issues, not how someone chooses to exercise their 1st amendment rights and where they donate their money. It's their right and none of your business.

Black believe the same thing?

Sep 20, 2012, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Do you consider blacks a hate group? The Catholic church? ]

What are you even talking about?

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

The uproar was over Freedom of Speech no?

Sep 19, 2012, 4:39 PM

So why all the consternation now that CFA decides to withhold money from group that promote an anti-gay agenda?

No one is infringing upon Mr. Cathy's freedom of speech. He can still say whatever he likes about Biblical marriage.

So which is it that you were supporting last month? Freedom of Speech, or Tradition definition of marriage? Last month I was told over an over it was the protection of Free Speech everyone was demonstrating for.

Now I'm wondering if all that was just an excuse to beat up homosexuals a little bit.

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

This has nothing to do with Clemson Football***

Sep 19, 2012, 5:35 PM

That would be why it is on "The Amphitheatre" board.

Sep 19, 2012, 5:37 PM

Click the link at the top of the board that says, "Tiger Football" if you don't want to read it.

Actually e're on the politics & religion board.***

Sep 19, 2012, 11:41 PM

Clemson played in the CHICK FIL A Kickoff game

Sep 19, 2012, 6:45 PM [ in reply to This has nothing to do with Clemson Football*** ]

Clemson played in the CHICK FIL A Kickoff game and they have also played many times in the Chick Fil a Bowl.

Focus on the Family is a "Hate" group? I guess NAMBLA

Sep 20, 2012, 8:37 AM

is a forward thinking civil rights group in Chicago's reality...

Re: Focus on the Family is a "Hate" group? I guess NAMBLA

Sep 20, 2012, 11:43 AM

Wouldn't go that far but FRC and Exodus International both spawn from FotF.

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic