Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Steve Spurrier: The Big Farce...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,717

Steve Spurrier: The Big Farce...

Jul 13, 2015, 8:33 PM

Discuss..

Fools of a Barnyard Pimp Fans opinions much preferred.

-DNT

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

The Cooties have hired 3 NC HC's & only 1ONE has come thru, But he

Jul 13, 2015, 8:51 PM

Is about to turn over the keys due to age, only some mid-major bowl wins, no SEC championship nor less a NC.. and they will be back to square one Imo..with 25 to 30 overall losses to CLEMSON coming uP in the 120+ year long series.

GoTiGERS ...keep RocKing em!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Cooties have hired 3 NC HC's & only 1ONE has come thru, But he

Jul 13, 2015, 9:27 PM

Well, the turd is a complete flop...no longer the greatest coach Duke ever had, Cutliffe is...no longer the greatest coach Florida ever had, Meyer is...not ever considered the greatest coach the Redskins ever had and being the greatest clucker coach is the same the tallest midget in the room..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't think most Gamecock fans would rate the Old Ball

Jul 13, 2015, 9:44 PM

Coach as the best coach in their history, I know he wouldn't be the most popular. I would think Joe Morrison would be considered the best coach of all time at USC, he was by far the most popular. Spur has the most win because of his length of service very few coaches make it 10 years at USC.

Re: I wouldn't think most Gamecock fans would rate the Old Ball

Jul 13, 2015, 9:51 PM

Y'all don't be hard on Steven , he has tried so very hard to cultivate the sour earth in Columbia . To salve that festering sore until it's healed and clean .
We knew he was doomed to fail , but the fanbase of that laughable loser had such high hopes .
The gleam in their eyes will be extinguished after UNCheat embarrasses them in their opener .
The fall will be great .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

YES!!!! This ^^^^^^^^***

Jul 13, 2015, 9:51 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't think most Gamecock fans would rate the Old Ball ]

Which one came through?

Jul 13, 2015, 10:33 PM [ in reply to The Cooties have hired 3 NC HC's & only 1ONE has come thru, But he ]

Are we calling fifth place conference rings coming through?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which one came through?

Jul 13, 2015, 10:43 PM

Either my sarcasm meter is broken, or this is one of the stupidest threads ever on Tigernet.

Hey, I don't like Coach Spurrier. But the man has been an excellent coach. He has coached more than half of his 25 year college career at Duke and SC, two historically forlorn programs. Despite his venues, he's got a lifetime record of winning more than 72% of his games.

In high school Spurrier's teams won state titles in all three major sports and he was offered Div 1 scholarships in two sports. UF had won almost nothing before Spurrier became a Gator. Once he got to Florida as a player, he won the Heisman Trophy. And he won a game once by kicking a 40 yard field goal. Once he got to Florida as a coach, Spurrier won the SEC a lot and he won a national title.

I hope Spurrier never wins another game. But it is beyond stupid to suggest he's not a fierce competitor and a great coach. And I might add, calling Spurrier a farce considering his record against us is a slap in the face of the great Tiger teams he defeated.

Harley

Message was edited by: Harley®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which one came through?

Jul 13, 2015, 10:49 PM

He does well when he has a good defense , that is his requirement .
At Suke and Early on at UF he won because there were basically no defensive coordinators who had any idea what his offense was doing . He had that gimmick thing like Malzhan and Morris. Yet , take away the defensive support and he looks average to me .
Just my opinion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Steve Spurrier: The Big Farce...

Jul 13, 2015, 9:49 PM

Steve Slurrier is and always has been a mediocre coach that somehow convinces the obliging media that he is great. He is considered a great coach because he says so, and people believe him. He's a mouth piece....nothing more. His one step (time) above mediocrity occurred in the 90s at UF when he introduced an offense there that no one had ever seen before. Once the $EC figured out how to stop it, he was a wash there. Complete JOKE in the NFL, and lead USuCk to 5 decent years due to the $EC being down. His career is over. I will not miss him.

When I say "SEC being down," I referring to the fact that

Jul 13, 2015, 10:01 PM

USuC's 5 years of decency in that conference came at a time when the conference was at it's lowest point in decades with coaching changes at UT, UF etc. Bama being the "big boy" that USuC rarely plays. In order for coots to have success in any conference, that conference must be at a low point.

Spurrier's success and probation

Jul 13, 2015, 10:09 PM

Spurrier and SCar's success was directly related to their illegal actions related to the Whitney scandal. SCar was on probation for this which just ended last year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spurrier's success and probation

Jul 13, 2015, 10:09 PM

Spurrier and SCar's success was directly related to their illegal actions related to the Whitney scandal. SCar was on probation for this which just ended last year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2015, 10:17 PM

Maybe because I was raised a Gator, but I still consider him better than Meyer. Steve put Florida on the modern football landscape map. FSU and Miami were the kings of the state. Stevie righted those wrongs.

Stevie left for the Redskins because he hates recruiting as was evidenced by a light roster poor Zook inherited.

I also consider him to have a higher standing than Dave at Duke.

As far as SCAR goes, I don't think about their history or past coaches. As far as I'm concerned SCAR has been a part time semi retirement job. Good for him.

I loved him when he was a #### as the Gators coach and I can't hate him now for being the same #### coach of the #####.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mispelled Fart.***

Jul 13, 2015, 11:53 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2015, 12:37 AM

To be honest and fair to the Coots and their drunk leader; he did take their football program to a much higher level than it had ever been at. The flip side is that he now seems to care more about drinking than he does about coaching football and due to this I am most confident that within the next year or two Coot ball will return to its proper position of sucking.

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,717
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic