Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spurrier’s idiotic comments / Where’s the public outcry?
Other Sports Boards - Rivalries
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Spurrier’s idiotic comments / Where’s the public outcry?

Aug 7, 2012, 10:26 AM

Where are MADD and all the other drinking and driving groups? Normally you would have these groups demanding a Spurrier apology. Where are they? Are they Gamecock fans too? Or have they given up the cause?
It’s funny to hear #### fans try to defend Spurrier’s callus stance. The make statements like, “boys will be boys”, “every college student does it”, “when I was young, I did worse”, just idiotic, moronic statements. But then when you listen to Spurrier’s PSA, it makes me laugh at his hypocrisy. I just don’t get why people can’t see though his bull.
I remember about 7 - 10 years ago, after a tough loss, a prominent college football coach was asked what he was going to do. He stated that he was going home and would beat his wife! The domestic violence groups descended on him like buzzards on a deer carcass. He apologized, the school backed him, it was forgotten. What this coach said trumped any issue when it came to his football team. He was untouchable, much like Spur is in coot town. Who remembers this incident and coach? How did it turn out for them?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If a chicken clucks in the woods....?

Aug 7, 2012, 10:29 AM

I'm sure Spurrier's comments are not widely known outside of Clemson and Coldumbia. Send the link to MADD and see what you can stir up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In my experience....

Aug 7, 2012, 10:33 AM

anything other than idiotic and/or moronic statements form Gamecock fans would be the exception rather than the norm especially when it comes to defending the inappropriate conduct of their coaches and players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: In my experience....

Aug 7, 2012, 10:36 AM

The high horse is out today!

so is the hypocrisy and the self-righteous indignation.***

Aug 7, 2012, 10:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Absolutely!!! What these hammerheads don't get is that it's

Aug 7, 2012, 11:19 AM

not the one beer, or even the 21 age limit. It's that Spurrior doesn't care about anything but himself. Not the kids in his program, not morals, not values, not even winning, but the feeding of his ego! That is literaly all he cares about.

Aug 7, 2012, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: In my experience.... ]

and so too, apparently, is the low brow

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2012, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Re: In my experience.... ]

high horse????? Go look at your boy's on FGF

They are still on Roman Fry!!!! They say he got away with killing one of our track coaches. It was covered up!

They are so full of hate that they really believe the lies they are telling about Roman.

So why don't you ride that horse the h#ll out of here

Such a significant portion of the media in South Carolina

Aug 7, 2012, 10:40 AM

(including mgmt) are usuck grads, fans, etc., they are literally afraid of incurring the ire of Spurrier (as Ron Morris did) and thus of the advertisers.

Honestly, Spurrier's despicable practice of oversigning and running off scholarship players to make room should have drawn the wrath of the media long before his most recent hypocrisy on the issue of underage drinking.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'd think....

Aug 7, 2012, 10:41 AM

Spur-dick would be a little concerned after having all the drinking problems surrounding the team, what with Garicia and GA Magnus last year. I mean, I don't necessarily say suspend the kid, but geez, quit being so cavalier about it. Your qb coach was drunk and wagging his weinie last year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You'd think....

Aug 7, 2012, 10:52 AM

HE DRANK ONE BEEERRR!!!!. or better yet may have drank some cough medicine for all we know. His BAC was equivalent to drinking i small amount of cough medicine. Why is it that no one in the country cares about this but us. Quit being so obsessed with the coots. For real. An 18 year old kid drank a beer. This obsession with those idiots by our fanbase is sickening.

Aug 7, 2012, 10:54 AM

Bingo! Something about casting the first stone would seem to be applicable here.

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Nah, It's a rivalry

Aug 7, 2012, 11:03 AM

we are obligated to trash the opponent and kick sand in their eyes whenever possible. Don't go trying to change the universe!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nah, It's a rivalry

Aug 7, 2012, 11:09 AM

Maybe we should worry about beating them on the field instead of in the pew.

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Your obession with defending them is sickening

Aug 7, 2012, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: You'd think.... ]

He admitted to drinking beer, first of all. Where did he start driving from? Because I'm sure if he'd had 4 or 5 beers, he would have admitted that to the officer in a heartbeat like every college kid when confronted by law enforcement. I haven't seen his BAC, have you? it was certainly enough to the officer to give an arrest, so somehow, I doubt it was "equivalent to drinking i small amount of cough medicine"

Clemson

Re: Your obession with defending them is sickening

Aug 7, 2012, 11:07 AM

The legal limit is .08 and it takes three beers to get to that limit for his size and he was under that limit. So he had between one to two beers. For all we know he drank a beer or to with his dad and drove home. Also you metabolize 3/4 of a beer every hour. So if your trying to say he drank 5 or 6 beers and just had been driving for 6 hours who knows...maybe thats what happened. Im not defending the coots im coming against this obsession with their discipline of a 4th string quarterback drinking a beer. Who cares. Its all were talking about right now for some reason. Nobody else cares.

Your flawed argument. The legal age is 21!***

Aug 7, 2012, 11:09 AM

Re: Your flawed argument. The legal age is 21!***

Aug 7, 2012, 11:12 AM

I think his argument is that, literally, no one else in the country cares. As a country, our college football cup has been overflowing with child rape for the past 8 months, so expecting the nation to be aghast about a college kid drinking a beer is a little much.

Re: Your flawed argument. The legal age is 21!***

Aug 7, 2012, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Your flawed argument. The legal age is 21!*** ]

I'm not arguing that. I was simply stating how many beers the kid probably had. I agree he was underage. What kid underage who 'got is hands on alcohol' just drinks one beer. Sounds like the kid had an innocent beer with a buddy. Still wrong but is it really worth all this whining over?

It's not the kid, 1 beer, or the incident. It's Spurrior's

Aug 7, 2012, 11:24 AM

attitude that is in question. It's his hipocrisy of taping a PSA that he doesn't really believe in. From a parents perspective, you still have to teach your childern what is right and wrong, even though you did some of the same things that you are correcting them for.

Re: It's not the kid, 1 beer, or the incident. It's Spurrior's

Aug 7, 2012, 11:26 AM

So spurrier's kind of a #####. Not exactly breaking news.

Exactly!***

Aug 7, 2012, 11:48 AM

^^^Gets it^^^***

Aug 7, 2012, 12:13 PM [ in reply to It's not the kid, 1 beer, or the incident. It's Spurrior's ]

Clemson

Re: Your obession with defending them is sickening

Aug 7, 2012, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Your obession with defending them is sickening ]

No, he drank one beer. He passed the breathelizer after he admitted drinking ONE beer. That's all we know and to speculate anything else is irresponsible.
I agree with the other poster that we are really grasping here.

Aug 7, 2012, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: You'd think.... ]

He admitted he drank a beer. So drop the robotussin angle. In fact Spurrier's quote was that he drank a beer or two didn't remember for sure. Who the hell can't remember whether they had one or two? Maybe it gets foggy between 9 and 10. Beyond that, I don't think a kid should miss game time over underage drinking I agree that it is impractical to expect college age people not to drink at all. But what is absolutely not negotiable is that someone under 21 should not be getting behind the wheel of an automobile even if they just had a sip of Dads PBR. If Tanner McEvoy was my child I can assure you he would not have use of an automobile for the rest of college or until he found a way to buy one himself - unlikely as a full time student and athlete.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2012, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: You'd think.... ]

I agree! Could we for just one year never post about USC, never mention them, never acknowledge their existence? I could care less if they all drank, were drug addicts or on the flip side were all priests. IO do not care to even thnk or discuss them, I only wish a a natural disaster would occur during the SC/GA game and take them all!

says the coot on his rivals board***

Aug 7, 2012, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: You'd think.... ]

Re: says the coot on his rivals board***

Aug 7, 2012, 11:11 AM

Also whats with everyone resorting to name calling because i disagree on this subject. Im not a coot so all you coots who run around calling people coots cause you hate yourself fugoff. Really what I'm trying to say is exactly what flpaws just said.

Aug 7, 2012, 11:24 AM

BS. You've commented on this same topic several times. If you don't want others "obsessing" about the chickens, then maybe you should try it yourself, chump.

But allow me to explain one small thing to you just before I answer your "fugoff" comment: ITS AGAINST THE LAW IN NORTH CAROLINA FOR A MINOR TO DRIVE AFTER DRINKING. It doesn't matter that it was just one beer, it doesn't matter WHAT his blood alcohol content was. Its against the law for him to be behind the wheel of a vehicle after consuming. In some states, what McEvoy did is an automatic DUI.

He broke the law. He was arrested. Spurrier did a PSA last year warning against the dangers of drinking underage and when it happened to one of his players, he simply shrugged it off. There aren't many coaches in the United States who could get away with that kind of hypocrisy.

And if you don't want to be called a chickentroll, stop posting like one....or go fug yourself if you prefer.

Aug 7, 2012, 11:45 AM

My point exactly! Ask this question. What if Dabo had made the exact same statement? He would have been drug though the gutters by the local and probably the national media. It's the hypocrisy that matters.

Being arrested is not a team violation for the coots

Aug 7, 2012, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: says the coot on his rivals board*** ]

therefore the punishment is zero unless the arrest meets whatever standards they have for being against team rules.

Being arrested is a team violation for Clemson therefore there are consequences of their actions.

We are not the same. Tiger fans need to deal with it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Being arrested is not a team violation for the coots

Aug 7, 2012, 11:29 AM

Bingo. We made our bed with this insane "2 game suspension for weed" precedent we've decide to set, and now we have to lie in it.

lol---to be fair......

Aug 7, 2012, 11:45 AM

per usuck rules, McEvoy WAS immediately suspended from all team activities after being arrested......for about 30 seconds until fall practice opened up......

about par for the course in Olympia

Re: Spurrier’s idiotic comments / Where’s the public outcry?

Aug 7, 2012, 11:25 AM

I think the biggest thing us fans have a problem with is not the fact that punishment was given or not, it's spurrier's snide comments and how he tries to rationalize with himself by not giving any punishment. Bottom line is he broke the law and got CAUGHT, punishment or not, the kid broke the lawl.

Too many MADD members in Columbia are Hens

Aug 7, 2012, 3:03 PM

and don't want to embarrass or hurt their program while it's on its greatest run in the history of forever. Pretty pathetic, especially when you consider that it wasn't just an under age kid drinking like the Sack wants to blow it off as, it was an under age kid drinking, getting in a car, and speeding through Charlotte fast enough to get pulled over for it. If McAvoy's answer to the cop as reported was "one or two beers" you can rest assured that the real answer was neither of those numbers, which is probably why the cop took him in to the station.

I'm no prude by any means and I encouraged my under age teenage kids at the time to sample the goods at home so they can get a feel for what to expect when they're away from home and influenced by others. I would never condone however their ever consuming and getting behind the wheel of a car. This is the part that the Sack conveniently dismisses in the name of not having to set a suspension precedence for when one of his top players eventually gets into trouble with the law during the season or when having to look recruits parents in the eye and assure them that their sons will be in a safe and decent environment there.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Other Sports Boards - Rivalries
add New Topic