Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spurrier on Countdown Clock
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Spurrier on Countdown Clock

Mar 20, 2014, 11:03 PM

Spurrier on the Clemson clock counting down the days and hours to the next USC-Clemson game on Nov. 29 in the Upstate: "I didn't realize we were that important." My opinion on it is. As a fan of Clemson we say that the chickens always have us on there mind. But that is not longer true. We have come to always have them on our mind. Spurrier quote said it perfect. How bout we play all 12 games and not worry about just one. Losing that one didn't effect us getting a great bowl.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What you say, coot?***

Mar 20, 2014, 11:05 PM

Re: What you say, coot?***

Mar 20, 2014, 11:08 PM

very cootish, but he has a point at the very end, jmo

Go Tigers!

Says the coot on a Clemson board...***

Mar 21, 2014, 3:40 AM

I think it is a fair statement. It shows Spurrier knows

Mar 21, 2014, 3:48 AM

Clemson is above them and he is awed that we even think about that game. I would suggest you do more work on your pulse and less trying to stir sheit up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think it is a fair statement. It shows Spurrier knows

Mar 21, 2014, 9:01 AM

I would suggest you do more work on your pulse

In all seriousness, what do you believe is the best way to do this?

Re: I think it is a fair statement. It shows Spurrier knows

Mar 21, 2014, 10:24 AM

Get into the cutigerbob, deadsolidperfect, GWP, CUTiger2012 circle-point system

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Think about it this way: which coach seems to have a need

Mar 21, 2014, 6:05 AM

to mention which school the most?

Actually, you might be surprised to learn that most of us with, shall we say, longevity with the rivalry don't think about the Chickens much at all. They won the last game; anything prior to that one is history...which reverts back to the beginning of the rivalry. And we know how that stands!

Now, on to Georgia....GO TIGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Think about it this way: which coach seems to have a need

Mar 21, 2014, 6:41 AM

hartins, you do realize that Spurrier is only concerned about HIS record vs Clemson ? He has no ties to the history with the exception that he coaches now. He can no more accept the loses than Dabo can accept the wins (which he has done before). The history of the Clemson/South Carolina games between Spurrier and Dabo as head coaches...or just Spurrier standing on his own lean in Spurrier's direction no matter how you spin it. Spurrier is only responsible for his years in it and they look pretty darn good....even if you won't admit it. The same can be said about every Clemson and South Carolina coaches individual records in the series.They were responsible. Dabo can say what he wants about it no being a rivalry in his lifetime but it's not because of anything he has done....just saying.

a coach nearing retirement vs. one just starting his career

Mar 21, 2014, 7:03 AM

the ol slur had his whole team (except rs sr.s), before swinney could even begin to start recruiting his guys nov,2004 (SOS @ usuc) vs. oct (interim) or dec (HC @ clemson) , 2008 for dabo, that is pretty significant,imo. we have caught up talent wise (and surpassed ya'll,imo), even if you don't want to admit it.usuc fans will see it in november. want to borrow a clock?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: a coach nearing retirement vs. one just starting his career

Mar 21, 2014, 8:18 AM

Well..considering Bowden had owned South Carolina with the players he brought in and he had higher recruits left behind when Dabo took over than Spurrier, that argument is moot. Dabo has had 5 classes brought in and for the most part much higher ranked than South Carolina. If a new coach goes 0-1 or 0-2, that might be expected.If he he is truly a better or equal coach he wouldn't go 0-3,0-4, and 0-5 with double digit loses each time. Dabo may be a good guy and you guys may love him but the fact remains he not as good of a coach and Spurrier and may never be.

Re: a coach nearing retirement vs. one just starting his career

Mar 21, 2014, 8:20 AM

we get it moronec, clemson sucks and spurrier is god. now please slither away.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot

Mar 21, 2014, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Re: a coach nearing retirement vs. one just starting his career ]

you saying sos shouldn't be in the hof, or that dabo should?

Mar 21, 2014, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: a coach nearing retirement vs. one just starting his career ]

might want to rethink that comeback, unless you think dabo will be hof material,too (hey, his FIRST few yrs. are pretty good, just sayin....)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is this "we" you are referring to in your post? Do you

Mar 21, 2014, 7:22 AM

have a mouse in your pocket? You don't speak for me... and you definitely don't know what is on my mind.

Honestly, you sound like a dumba$$ with this post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spurrier on Countdown Clock

Mar 21, 2014, 8:51 AM

and it did nothing to get yall one

i read "spurrier on countdown clock"

Mar 21, 2014, 9:03 AM

and immediately didn't give a #### anymore.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Re: i read "spurrier on countdown clock"

Mar 21, 2014, 9:45 AM

then why post about it? tiger fans should never let spurrier quotes get so much attention. when we let him get so much attention he wins. to ignore him is the best way to treat him other than by WINNING on the FIELD and not in the press. dabo imo should take the high road and not respond to the jabs. spurrier is a master with mind games in the press. dabo will learn as he gets older and with more experience, but for now concentrate on winning and beating the coots and all else will fall into place. spurrier and the rest of the coots will disappear as soon as we win on the field.

to point out the ridiculousness of caring what another

Mar 21, 2014, 10:06 AM

coach thinks about Clemson. He's not our problem

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Spurrier would have been fired if he lost 1st game of streak

Mar 21, 2014, 10:11 AM

which made him realize how important the game is. He came in with lip service saying not to emphasize it but now knows winning it saved his job 5 years ago.

Why else do you think he says something about Clemson at every opportunity?

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic