»
Topic: Spurrier
Replies: 6   Last Post: Feb 18, 2019 8:07 AM by: FutureDoc
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

Spurrier

Posted: Feb 17, 2019 8:16 PM

Former Gamecocks' coach Steve Spurrier leads his Orlando Apollos to a 37-29 victory over the San Antonio Commanders in week 2 of the Alliance of American Football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoPKgZeWD_A

Re: Spurrier

Posted: Feb 17, 2019 8:40 PM

Will they be unfurling the 80 ft banner before the next game ?
Best to do it before he up and quits , it's almost a third of the way through their meaningless season .

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

DB23

Vince McMahon is unfurling it

[1]
Posted: Feb 17, 2019 9:43 PM

tomorrow night on Monday Night RAW when he arrives by limo and power-walks into the arena...

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 6:28 AM

I would love to see Old Ball Coach win a championship with them, something that couldn't be done at USUC!!!!

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 6:55 AM

He's just coaching there to re-live his Coot glory days ... back-2-back Orlando Outback bowp wins where Clowney tackled some guy and made Sportscenter for the week .

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

DB23

Who?***

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 7:31 AM

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 8:07 AM

Say what you will about an old coot... but he can coach.

He could win titles at Florida AND Duke, and keep SC from being an embarrassment. I honest think he took the coot job just to torpedo the Tennessee program (and succeeded). Once UT was a raging dumpster fire, he retired. On his way out, I think he said something like: Hey UT, you are South Carolina now.

Sadly, he was coaching at my first Clemson game... Duke/Clemson 1989 (lived in Raleigh).

Replies: 6  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
2207 people have read this post