Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spring Game Moment To Remember
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,859

Spring Game Moment To Remember

Apr 16, 2018, 7:29 AM

Just an opinion: THE play in Saturday's Spring Game that could very well have the coaches thinking real, real hard about the QB position was KB's inability to hit a wide-open Hunter Renfrow for what would have surely been a touchdown. This play opened the door for HJ or TL to start in September.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spring Game Moment To Remember

Apr 16, 2018, 7:53 AM

Apologies for piling on, but you’re exactly right. The downfield passing game can present precious few opportunities against some defenses, and blowing those (with mis-timed throws, poor mechanics, or a lack of vision) will effectively shut down an offensive attack.

I hope it all works out and KB can contribute - either as a receiver/back or maybe in a Tebow type of role in short-yardage, goal line situations. He has earned a chance to play a role. What disappointed me the most was his body language. There was no visible sense of urgency or confidence to lead the team down the field. Having a bad stats day is one thing, but KB truly looked like Superman carrying a basketful of kryptonite.

TL looks the part. HJ is close but not quite as polished or quick with decisions.

The coaches get paid to win, and they will manage the QBs like all other positions to give the team what it needs.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

More ‘piling on’....

Apr 16, 2018, 8:59 AM

Dabo defended KB by saying he thought Bryant was ‘amped up’. The announcers made a good point, too, in commenting that sometimes “...you need to get a few good hits iot settle down...”, but the no tackle rule prevented that for KB.

I trust in our coaches, but the handling of the Stoudt/Watson decision nags in the back of my mind.

I am also reminded of the story line from the Hurts/Tuivaloa(sp?) change during the bama/uga natty. The biggest weakness for bama all season was Hurts inability to challenge defenses vertically, and though the OC had been (reportedly) pushing for the change all year, Saban did not make it until they were down by two scores going into the 2d half....

I keep repeating my mantra to myself.... In Dabo I Trust!! (I hope...)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,859
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic