Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spoof.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Spoof.

Sep 3, 2020, 6:33 PM

Almost any thing imaginable can be the subject of a story. I call this one "spoof" and I believe the posters on TigerNet are capable of recognizing this story as pure "spoof".

ITALIAN ANCHOVY FARMS

Italy is the world's leading producer and exporter of anchovies. The quality of their anchovies is known world-wide and the preferred choice of the world's top chefs. Soil conditions along the many miles of the Italian coast is conducive to producing prime anchovies. Generations of farmers in the same families have tended the soil and their knowledge of every phase of the production process has been passed down to the next generation. Research has indicated those practices which are more apt to result in a superior product, but it is the knowledge gained from many years of practical experience that separates the superior producers from the rest.

There are three distinct areas of production, based on their distance from the sea. The Gondola Graffiti family is a major producer in the area close to the Mediterranean Sea. The family farm consists of over 1,000 hectares. The gentle breezes that blow inland from the sea usually contain the proper amount of salt for proper seasoning. However, if the winds are unusually calm ot if the winds are too severe during the growing season, the salt content may have to be increased or decreased by secret methods employed in the processing operations.

Further inland are the anchovy farms sometimes referred to as the "mid-lands". Goseopium Modesto is typical of the producers in this area. His 857 hectare farm has been in the family for twelve generations. Generally, only the most brisk winds from the sea contain enough salt to affect the salt content of anchovies grown in this area, so a salt supplementing system is required to bring the salt content to the desired level.

The third area of production is located further inland and the salt laden air from the sea does not affect the anchovies grown in this area. Most farmers have a spray system that deposits brine on the anchovies as they mature. Highly skilled tasters constantly test the anchovies as they mature to determine the proper salt content. Guedalla de Committo has installed one of the most sophisticated systems. Sensors determine the salt content and automatically adjusts the salt content in the spray system. Currently the spray system is limited to 73 hectares but he plans to have his entire 648 hectare field converted to the new system in the next two years.

Some economists have suggested the new production techniques will result in a higher quality product as well as higher yields but the cost of these new methods should offset any expected reduced costs for the customer. There is further concern that the implementation of the new and improved production techniques may be too costly for the small producers and many may be forced to convert their hectares to other crops.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spoof.

Sep 3, 2020, 6:36 PM

Mmmm, anchovies on pizza

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For my anchovies

Sep 3, 2020, 6:38 PM

I tried basically the same soil and natural watering methods you used for your black eyed peas. No luck last two years. Do you plant dried or fresh? Going to use Brawndo next year as I heard it has what plants crave.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For my anchovies

Sep 3, 2020, 7:23 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2020, 6:41 PM

Yep., That's pretty spoofy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2020, 7:21 PM

I always liked the mustard ones.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up