Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Split The Hill
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Split The Hill

Jan 24, 2019, 12:50 PM

I posted this in the thread about suggestions to IPTAY but wanted to make a new thread to see what others think.

Split The Hill.

Make the side by the band general admission.

Make the side by the student section student tickets.

Have tickets for each side enter from the corner gate on that side.

This will allow The Hill to be closest to full prior to the start of the game.

After the carpet is rolled up, people can stand where they would like.

Obviously students are allowed to purchase any ticket, so they would be able to purchase "band side" of The Hill also. They could even get first chance to purchase on Fridays. Have remaining tickets for sale on game days.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am All In with this idea***

Jan 24, 2019, 1:08 PM

Re: I am All In with this idea***

Jan 24, 2019, 1:22 PM

In theory that’s a good idea. However, anyone that went to Clemson and sat on the hill knows some of the stuff that goes on. Not horrible like our friends at U of S.C. but things I don’t want my kids around. That will always cause problems and think it would be a bigger problem than hill attendance at the end.

Jan 24, 2019, 1:38 PM

Nobody would be forced to buy a general admission ticket.

Certainly nobody would be forced to take a child to The Hill.

However, for big games when most of the craziness you speak of happens, it may not be the best time for young children on The Hill.

For Furman or Wofford and other similar games, it would be the perfect time to buy a general admission ticket with your child on The Hill.

Typically the students clear out a little early for these games and there would not be a more fun place for a kid to watch those games.

Also these are the games when The Hill really needs a new policy and a chance for others to "fill The Hill".

If this were a policy next season, I would absolutely love to take my daughter to the Wofford game and buy us Hill tickets.

Jan 24, 2019, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: I am All In with this idea*** ]

This is actually very true. My dad used to work the concession stand at the top left(facing the hill) of the hill before they tore it down. My brother and I were allowed to go watch the game from the hill. I saw my first real vaj on that hill. (I was 8 or 9) Drunk girl in a dress with no undies and she couldn't keep her feet under her. Fine memories.

Jan 24, 2019, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: I am All In with this idea*** ]

So? Dont take your kids there and dont sit there.

Thats a really good idea actually***

Jan 24, 2019, 1:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Split The Hill

Jan 24, 2019, 1:24 PM

I would modify it thusly: Each week, on the Sunday following a home football game, the will determine if The Hill section was filled with students. If not, then the 'band side' of the hill will be G.A. the next home game.

This would have the added benefit of students thinking "We better fill it up for the Furman game if we want to be in the FSU game next week."

It's sad that we are having this discussion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2019, 1:42 PM

The subjectivity could make that difficult to determine weekly, but I do get your point.

Also I am not coming at this from a "sad" viewpoint.

The Hill used to have a good mix of students and fans.

I think that was a wonderful thing.

This, to me, seems like a wonderful way to bring some "old Clemson" back to The Hill.

I would much rather have a mix of students and general admission on The Hill.

Jan 24, 2019, 1:55 PM

Funny story. Back when I was a kid in the 70s and 80s, I had a great uncle that was close to retirement with the SC Highway Patrol. As I understood it at the time, he would get assigned to Clemson games as kind of a reward. And as weird as it sounds today, he would be at a designated gate and would actually check tickets for people coming into the stadium. We would find out which gate he was at and I'd hand my great uncle an old Clemson ticket, he'd smile, tear it in half and hand me back a piece of it. Then, I'd go to the hill and watch the game. Did that dozens of times as a kid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2019, 1:59 PM

I used to sit on the hill as a kid too. We had tickets on the sideline, but my friends and I would always make our way to the hill to be part of the chaos of running on the field.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Very reasonable proposal

Jan 24, 2019, 1:28 PM

This would easily and cheaply provide easier access to the hill.

However, it does not address filing the hill, especially at kick off. Which is what I think you are trying to do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Very reasonable proposal

Jan 24, 2019, 1:43 PM

I am trying to do both.

Give everyone an opportunity for the experience.

Also fix the "empty left side" problem as the Tigers run down The Hill.

Re: Very reasonable proposal

Jan 24, 2019, 1:57 PM

Don't feel the need to respond to GeeVille Tiger. It is his time of the month and he is just trying to be a pessimist. Instead of helping to develop any good ideas, he's just trying to shoot them down.

Hmm..a tnetter once posted

Jan 24, 2019, 2:08 PM

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything.. guess your mom never taught you that..

I can probably find A link for you. If you need 1.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

This is not meant to be disrespectful but, I doubt

Jan 24, 2019, 2:10 PM

You have any good ideas ...and won't find any

Just a bunch of pipe dreams and shoulds.

Iptay has obviously hit the same wall.

exactly my point.

Jan 24, 2019, 2:35 PM

Now you're getting it.

You disagree***

Jan 24, 2019, 2:36 PM

I dont not disagree***

Jan 24, 2019, 3:13 PM

You address part of the problem perfectly

Jan 24, 2019, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Very reasonable proposal ]

After being told numerous times that there are 2 gates to enter the hill, students still only use one.

Your proposal would force them to actually use both.. it is a practical fix and should be easy to implement with little to no financial drag.

All they would need to do is print. Hill gate 1 on half the tickets and hill gate 2 on the other half.

But getting to the hill is only part of the problem. Even on games where the hill is as full as our gets in the 2nd qrt.. it is almost empty at kickoff.

From the top deck I can see a big pile up waiting to grey on the hill. As mentioned part of this is because they all enter through 1 gate.

Another reason is because they all wait until 5 mins before kickoff to get to the hill.

They don't realize or don't care that security actually blocks off the hill about 8 or 10 minus before kickoff to prepare for running down the hill.

Aside from more emails, I dunno how you get them there earlier.

Re: You address part of the problem perfectly

Jan 24, 2019, 2:07 PM

I agree that my suggestion is not a 100% fix. Nothing is with the exception of letting anybody with a ticket try to stand on The Hill and making it first come first served.

The major differences in the way we are looking at it are:

Entering The Hill isn't blocked before kickoff, but the ability to go from one side to the other. Being forced to come in the other gate would allow both sides to continue to fill after the barriers are put up.

I understand there will always be a bottleneck trying to get on because of people who do not have Hill tickets standing down there for pictures and to be close to the excitement. It blocks the entrance for those with Hill tickets.

The other difference in my viewpoint is that most of the time it's the students who are late to arrive. If half of The Hill is general admission, then there is a different group of people filling The Hill who may be more likely to get there early enough.

Your idea makes way too much sense, and you have confounded

Jan 25, 2019, 10:31 AM

the naysayers whose job is to cast stones at every well thought out post on this forum. If it wasn't their idea, there is no way it will work. Well done.

Re: Your idea makes way too much sense, and you have confounded

Jan 25, 2019, 10:43 AM

I can honestly say I never had this idea until I read the post about suggestions for an upcoming IPTAY meeting.

I didn't know how people would feel about it when posting but I have appreciated the positive responses.

I only wish that I had any connection or power at all to try to get the idea to the right people.

Maybe gtriple will get it mentioned at the IPTAY meeting and someone will listen.

Maybe if the TNET powers throw it out there somebody will listen.

davidhood®

Crump®

Jan 24, 2019, 1:39 PM

How about student GA tickets remain free, but they are required to enter by 30 mins to kickoff for a guaranteed spot. Start selling GA tickets to public at that time and untill spce runs out.

Jan 24, 2019, 1:43 PM

No way you get them in in time if they buy less than 30 minutes before kickoff. Way too much going on over there with the buses etc. to let people in and get them on to the hill plus the team enters way before actual kickoff.

Jan 24, 2019, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Split The Hill ]

In my proposal, the "student side" remains free to students.

However, the students who don't get a ticket under the current student ticket system would have first chance to purchase a general admission ticket on the other side of The Hill.

There are already some students who don't get tickets who have the opportunity to purchase a regular ticket on the market.

My idea would allow those students the first chance to buy a ticket on The Hill.

In my suggestion, even for those games that are sold out ahead of time there would be an opportunity for students to buy their way in first. Students would be spared having to deal with elevated prices and scalpers the way the rest of us do for big games.

Jan 24, 2019, 2:52 PM

Has anyone considered getting rid of the Hill?

You shut yo mouf***

Jan 24, 2019, 2:53 PM

That's not a bad idea.***

Jan 24, 2019, 3:14 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's not a bad idea.***

Jan 24, 2019, 5:20 PM

If the hill is to stay as it is, all that needs to happen to fill the hill for every game is price those seats on grass for $10.00 each.

Re: That's not a bad idea.***

Jan 25, 2019, 10:01 AM

It's not necessary to price the tickets at $10.

I would bet if part of The Hill were general admission, those tickets would sell out every single game.

Also if they were game day purchased tickets, then the people would also show up and actually be on The Hill.

just dig a tunnel from the locker room to the top of the

Jan 25, 2019, 10:09 AM

hill. No buses needed. The players just appear from said tunnel and no need to block the hill for the buses/players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2019, 12:35 PM

Or we could just revert back to the way things were before the Gestapo was put in charge of defending entrance to The Hill.

Jan 25, 2019, 12:53 PM

While that would work, we are past the days of having less security in Death Valley.

Their presence, while inconvenient, is appreciated as long as they keep the family atmosphere in Death Valley safe.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic