Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
punting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

punting

Nov 11, 2018, 11:35 AM

why can't we recruit a top 10 punter? you watch other games of lower level teams and there are many who can switch the field. been this way way too long.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: punting

Nov 11, 2018, 11:37 AM

Pitiful ! Only reason still punting is his dad prob!

He had 36 yard average

20 yard punt 16 yard roll

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 12:28 PM

We have a good one coming next fall. I would be tempted now to let Renfrow punt when on our side of the 50.

Nov 11, 2018, 1:07 PM

Let's be clear. There are TWO other punters who have not been allowed to punt this year. Both of them exceeded Spiers in Spring and Fall camp, still the job was returned to Spiers. Yes we need a better punter and the solution to that problem is the two qualified players who have been sidelined all season.
Does anyone care why that is?!? Why is this being allowed to continue?
Dabo would have you believe that the punt return was the fault of the players who failed to block. Incorrect. The rugby punt was to go down the side, not straight down the center to BC's best punt returner. Why is that kid being so protected? No one cut Kelly Bryant that kind of slack. It's wrong and it hurts the ENTIRE team.

you been saving that one a while.

Nov 11, 2018, 1:09 PM

Nov 11, 2018, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: punting ]

I have wondered why the backup punters have never played. They may be the only players who aren’t redshirting that never get the opportunity. It is puzzling as this seems to be one area where we are underperforming.

6 posts, all about punting

Nov 11, 2018, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Re: punting ]

Which one of the backup punters is your buddy? Or did Will Spiers steal your girlfriend.

Just kidding, but interesting that punting is all you care about. I agree that Will has not been spectacular, but I am trusting the coaches. How do you know so much about this?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ soccer dude***

Nov 11, 2018, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: punting ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 2:39 PM

We have done exactly what you asked why we have not done. His name is Aidan Swanson. The recruiting sites that specialize in punters/kickers have him ranked #1 and a 5* punter, or so he was when he committed.

we have a top 5 punter coming next year***

Nov 11, 2018, 2:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spiers is a poor punter

Nov 11, 2018, 2:51 PM

He is the weakest starter on the Clemson team; he lacks a strong leg; he lacks accuracy; he lacks confidence; he could cost us the national championship when competing with opposing talented teams and punters for critical field position. Besides that, it's all good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have one of the best in the country coming in '19 in

Nov 11, 2018, 2:58 PM

Aiden Swanson. Big footed lefty. Looks legit.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic