Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Speed kills
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,893

Speed kills

Sep 25, 2019, 4:42 PM

This discussion a couple of days ago:

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Okay---agreed---but-here-is-the-most-amazing-part-26020561#26020561

Reminded me of this "like a freakin cheetah" quote from Boulware in 2014:

The defense steered Clemson to the six-point lead it held with 1:20 remaining in the fourth quarter. Twelve seconds later, the lead and the defensive performance were nearly negated.

Louisville receiver James Quick crept into a crack in Clemson's coverage. He caught a wide open pass from Will Gardner, slipped a tackle and turned toward the end zone. He sprinted along the right sideline with nothing but the goal line in front of him.

"'We blew it,'" Boulware said, recalling his thoughts as he watched Quick gallop away from him.

That disbelief spread with each one of Quick's strides— until sophomore safety Jayron Kearse stretched his legs to salvage the victory. He sprinted more than 60 yards from the opposite side of the field and chased down Quick at the eight-yard line.

"I saw Jayron running like a freaking cheetah," Boulware said. "Thank God he has the heart and will. That just speaks volumes to him."

-----

Good Times. Good Times.

found this GIF of the play. Jayron was a mid-field though, not over by the numbers on the other sideline like Simmons. Both show amazing speed.

Message was edited by: tiger_swimmer®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Speed kills

Sep 25, 2019, 5:12 PM

Glad you brought this up. What a play! Those guys and that talent were amazing. We didn't have near the depth back then but that defense was sick and set the tone.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Speed kills

Sep 25, 2019, 5:31 PM

BV is a master, and his players never give up on a play. However, neither does the O, HR shoestring tackle to save a TD, TL tackle after he threw his int, ETN has one this year. Too many to list, but we've all seen it over and over.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,893
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic