Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spectrum and the ACC Network: I now know for a fact that if
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 3,017

Spectrum and the ACC Network: I now know for a fact that if

Aug 22, 2019, 12:07 PM

you have ANY "grandfathered" Time Warner cable plan, you WILL NOT be able to get the ACC Network without switching to a "Spectrum" plan. I had Time Warner Signature Home, had to go into the cable office today and switch to a "currently offered" Spectrum plan. Gained some channels and a slightly reduced rate for a year.

This is true here in South Carolina, I suspect it is the same everywhere. But, at least, the change was all electronic, and was accomplished before I even made it back home from the office.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spectrum and the ACC Network: I now know for a fact that if

Aug 22, 2019, 12:43 PM

Yeah that’s what we had to do. Does yours show anything on the channel yet? Ours keeps saying to upgrade but we have the highest one..I just saw some people say that it’s showing the title crawl on it now

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2019, 12:55 PM

It is showing a conference crawl with the names of the teams, etc. Before the switch, all it was showing was "To receive this channel, call customer care."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2019, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Spectrum and the ACC Network: I now know for a fact that if ]

When you switch from the TWC version to Spectrum, for sure you internet speed will improve by a lot!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2019, 1:02 PM

I have a Time Warner grandfathered plan and I have ACCN. I watched the rolling logos for 2 hours last night just to make sure.

I do not know which plan I have, but I do have the sports package which includes ESPNU and the SEC network and other sports channels except the Big 10. I do not think my plan has a name, I jut picked the packages I wanted. I do not have HBO, Starz or any of the premium movie channels.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2019, 1:17 PM

I watched that also. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2019, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Spectrum and the ACC Network: I now know for a fact that if ]

You probably have select or silver, those are the two cheapest package, with silver offering a little more, but most of it is total BS!!! That is why I cut the cord and went with just the internet, and they rip you off with that at $70.99 a month. I call last Friday and cut the cord, and I have gotten the confirmation saying what I changed my service to, but they still haven't cut the cable for the TV. But that's their problem, not mine bc I have their E-mail stating that my services had been changed. Maybe they are waiting for me to change my mind and come back to their package rip offs, but it ain't going to happen bc My has already paid YouTube TV, as soon as my screen goes blank, I will pick up the Ruku remote and use youtube tv. I just hate getting use to something new, but I will and I am, screw spectrum.

They are giving a new customer the Gold for $139 for the first year, and I've been with them for 15 years and was paying $238. a month for the Gold. So I call and tell them that my finances is suffering right now bc of my wife's hospital bills, and I ask for the $139 Gold plan, and they offered to cut $20 bucks off my bill as one time credit. I ask if they thought that it was worth losing a 15 year customer that had never had their service turned off for non payment for a new customer they had no idea if the would pay their bill or how long they would have them, and refuse me the very same deal, and again she said we can give you a $20 dollar credit. I told her where to shove the credit, and to turn my TV and phone off, and I would keep the internet to stream youtube. When she put everything in her computer, she told to have a nice day, and she was gone!!!

Aug 22, 2019, 1:05 PM

You are probably 100% right bc, a few months ago I call them complain about about my internet speed lagging at about 68% on downloads, and 5% with uploads. They told me that it was bc I was still under the TWC plan. I had them to change me over to Spectrum internet service, and the download speed went to 100% and the upload speed went to I think it was 17%.

Just checked again to make sure, it was 118% for downloads, and 11.8% for uploads. I guess it varies from day to day depend on what's going on in the atmosphere with Humidity and the ceiling, so on and so on!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Aug 22, 2019, 2:41 PM

I called last night as well. I have a "grandfathered" TWC plan - they said I would get ACC Network. I guess if it does show - I know what I will be doing - going to the Spectrum place. I place zero confidence in any of this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 3,017
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic