Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Speaking of death
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 256

Speaking of death

Jan 26, 2020, 4:11 PM

I've never heard of Wuhan and they have 7 times as many people as NYC. 50 millon?

https://www.theblaze.com/news/viral-video-of-whistleblower-nurse-suggests-the-coronavirus-outbreak-is-much-worse-than-chinese-govt-admits

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since China is building two new hospitals at neck breaking..

Jan 26, 2020, 4:36 PM

speed I suspect the nurse is being truthful. I didn't believe China when they claimed so few infected anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some new information in this article.

Jan 26, 2020, 5:31 PM

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/26/2019-ncov-china-epidemic-pandemic-the-wuhan-coronavirus-a-tentative-clinical-profile/

Most alarming is this:
Between 25 and 32 percent of cases are admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU) for mechanical ventilation and sometimes ECMO (pumping blood through an artificial lung for oxygenation).

That's a deal-breaker if this thing has infected 90,000 people. Just take 25% of 90,000 people and there's no way medical facilities can cope with that. Once hospitals are overwhelmed, that's a 25-32% death rate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wuhan has 11 million people. But the quarantine is for

Jan 26, 2020, 4:49 PM

Wuhan AND other nearby cities TOTALING 50 million people. And it's about pointless at this point anyway.

They know they've been sitting on a time bomb for some time now. First they said it was only those who directly contacted dead animals. Said no human to human transmission. That went out the window. Then they keep bumping the numbers up, but those numbers can't possibly explain their response. They don't explain the protective gear either. I promise there is a HUGE lag in their numbers and other information, on purpose.

We won't understand the severity of this until it catches and takes off in another country. Apparently it WILL take off elsewhere. THEN we will get real numbers and an understanding.

Now they say it can be transmitted before the onset of symptoms. That's basically game over for containment.

We will get new numbers from other countries in time. Australia, I trust their numbers. They have 4 or 5 cases now. Just see what happens there. They will track it well and be open.

Their numbers suggest an r0 in the 1.4-2.4 range. Most estimates by anyone other than China who ###### well knows the r0, are in the 3-4 range. Chinese numbers say a death rate of 2.7%, with 15% presenting with "severe" symptoms. I call BS on that too.

The videos, the control of news, the videos that leak showing flooded hospitals, pleas for medical supplies, etc. This doesn't come from 2,000 people showing up sick. A city of 11 million people can easily handle an influx of 1,000-2,000 patients with an illness. The fact their medical system is cracking means the numbers are just wrong. Don't know how bad it is, how easily it spreads, or the mortality rate, but I DO know their numbers are BS. I hope they're accurate though. But I HIGHLY doubt it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ahh, 50 mill seemed really high***

Jan 26, 2020, 4:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just watched the video. Thought I had seen that one.

Jan 26, 2020, 5:12 PM

So 90,00 sick? An r0 of 10-14 sounds about right to explain the precautions of the medical staff and that number. I recalled reading where one of the early cases was a man who went into the hospital for neurosurgery and he infected like 12 of the 14 people who treated him and at that time the patient would have been their only contact, or some ridiculous number. But maybe that wasn't so ridiculous. Just have to wait and see.

Oh, here's the link:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/23/health/wuhan-virus-super-spreader/index.html

Ever played that game Plague Inc on your phone?

Jan 26, 2020, 6:15 PM

Starting to look eerily like that

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 256
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic