Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hate that the Coc ks use State symbols and Clemson doesn't
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

I hate that the Coc ks use State symbols and Clemson doesn't

Jun 28, 2013, 9:13 AM

Jumping off of AThomas's post from below.

I love my home State. And it really irks me that that piece of junk school in Columbia bears our States name. Its a blight on all of us.

I would love to see us incorporate more celebration of our State on gamedays. I know we are a post reconstruction land grant University but we can still Celebrate South Carolina right? Any thoughts on this or any ideas? especially those that would not duplicate what the Coc ks do?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

I certainly doent believe we need to concede the use

Jun 28, 2013, 9:17 AM

of Palmetto tree symbols. We have the coolest state flag in the country....

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

How about finding a way to incorporate a live Palmetto Tree (or

Jun 28, 2013, 9:33 AM

trees) somewhere in Death Valley?

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Palmetto Trees do not do well in our climate

Jun 28, 2013, 9:37 AM

unfortunately...winters just a bit too cold....

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Re: Palmetto Trees do not do well in our climate

Jun 28, 2013, 10:41 AM

Tell that to the two in the front yard of that fraternity house that's about 200 yards from the stadium

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate that the Coc ks use State symbols and Clemson doesn't

Jun 28, 2013, 9:38 AM

Well, that's b/c USC is THE flagship University of the state of South Carolina (if you mean that in regards to using "SC.") If you are just referring to using the palmetto tree, I don't think anything is stopping clemson from using that and I'm pretty sure I've already seen orange and purple palmetto flag hats around.

A school located in Los Angeles, CA

Jun 28, 2013, 9:54 AM

is the flagship university for the state of SC? Who knew?

"Flagship University"? Being large and in the center of the

Jun 28, 2013, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: I hate that the Coc ks use State symbols and Clemson doesn't ]

state does not = "flagship university". You have to be a leader and at the top of what you do like Clemson to be a "flagship university."

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Flagship University"? Being large and in the center of the

Jun 28, 2013, 10:48 AM

So you're saying size does not matter? Is that what she told you? lulz

Leave it to a Cooter to make this kind of comment.***

Jun 28, 2013, 10:50 AM

If we're going to get quantitative about this...

Jun 29, 2013, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: "Flagship University"? Being large and in the center of the ]

FOR YOU COOT: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/quantitative

Let's use these numbers: 65-41-4

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2013, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: I hate that the Coc ks use State symbols and Clemson doesn't ]

In case you missed the memo sent out by Dabo CLEMSON is and has ALWAYS been THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA. Your #### loving city dump is,well,a #### loving city dump. Sorry that is just the way it is dirtpecker.

Jun 28, 2013, 10:50 AM

LOL, nah, we saw the memo, did you not see our response, I know we used our backup carriers to send it, but I'm pretty sure it was delivered in late November.

SCar is the "flagship university" only in their own minds

Jun 28, 2013, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: I hate that the Coc ks use State symbols and Clemson doesn't ]

To be a flagship, you have to lead.

A flagship that it takes having a pulse to get in ?

Jun 28, 2013, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: I hate that the Coc ks use State symbols and Clemson doesn't ]

smh

Jun 28, 2013, 9:39 AM

I like the Palmetto Tree on the field. Hate to say it, but usc got that right. It should be on the jersey somehow as well.

We have orange and purple on our license tags

Jun 28, 2013, 9:46 AM

And that SEVERELY urinates-off The Fools of a Barnyard Pimp nation. That's good enough for me.

-Nikoli

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

So does the state prison.

Jun 28, 2013, 9:50 AM

South Carolina doesn't deserve Clemson but neither do any other states. We should be our own country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'll sign a petition...

Jun 28, 2013, 9:54 AM

we're seceding right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I need to get past the last time.

Jun 28, 2013, 9:59 AM

Give me another couple hunderdyrs or so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

imagine the after secession party...

Jun 28, 2013, 10:03 AM

there'll be hookers, gwp might even get some.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did Pickens County ever rejoin the union?

Jun 28, 2013, 10:37 AM

Remember to invite LBU. Being homophobe didn't work out so well the last time, we could have used a few more purse slingers back then.

GWP might not be able to afford one since he's just out of

Jun 28, 2013, 11:07 AM [ in reply to imagine the after secession party... ]

law school. Maybe we could go in together and loan him the money...he could pay us back after his first wrongful-death lawsuit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

we might need to bring a 2nd attorney if the wrong-ful death

Jun 28, 2013, 12:17 PM

is gwp getting some for the first time.

do hookers carry liability? it's important.

Good question. I think they are covered by workers comp

Jun 28, 2013, 12:22 PM

laws but not sure about Genital Liability ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i hate when one point ho can't point another point ho...

Jun 28, 2013, 12:23 PM

that's what i hate.

my pointer's broken.

now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

then dsp said, "hookers, i like em..."

I missed this whole discussion

Jun 28, 2013, 12:54 PM [ in reply to GWP might not be able to afford one since he's just out of ]

I was out using my new police scanner and practicing chasing ambulances for when I pass the bar

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

do hospitals make you queezy?***

Jun 28, 2013, 12:56 PM

No, they make me rich***

Jun 28, 2013, 12:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Never has a truer statement been uttered...***

Jun 28, 2013, 12:58 PM

gwp just before his moot court room appearance...

Jun 28, 2013, 1:04 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTWZvFYpXks

since you'll be the new guy on the emergency ward, i'd

Jun 28, 2013, 12:59 PM [ in reply to No, they make me rich*** ]

recommend you bring donuts as an ice breaker for the other hungry attorneys.

;)

They are not exactly the state symbols….

Jun 28, 2013, 10:03 AM

The palmetto tree they use looks nothing like the palmetto tree on the state flag. In fact the tree logo they use looks more like a palm tree whether than a palmetto tree.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to your coach...

Jun 28, 2013, 10:06 AM

"Carolina" is to the north of you and Chapel Hill is its capital.

So you guys should paint a big tarhole on your 20 yard lines.

Re: According to your coach...

Jun 28, 2013, 10:12 AM

The school Carolina is in Chapel Hill you moron. You people aren't even smart enough to understand an insult.

THE University of the STATE of South Carolina has been and always will be CLEMSON.

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Seeing that we are in the garden spot of SOUTH Carolina I

Jun 28, 2013, 10:12 AM [ in reply to According to your coach... ]

see you didn't take any geography classes or learn anything about our great state other than about the slums of Cooterville.

Speaking of Geography...

Jun 28, 2013, 10:16 AM

Can you tell me exactly where "Death Valley, SC" is located? Your coach loves that one too.

Since I'm the geographically challenged perhaps you can help?

Clemson. It's the nickname of our stadium. Pretty common

Jun 28, 2013, 10:24 AM

knowledge since the 1940's.

Re: Speaking of Geography...

Jun 28, 2013, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Speaking of Geography... ]

You mean the real one right? I can tell you it ain't in Baton Rouge or Cootlumbia.

Re: Speaking of Geography...

Jun 28, 2013, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Speaking of Geography... ]

Sure I can help. There is a big cliff this way------> Follow the arrow until you come to a sudden stop.

Maybe USuC should paint a chicken

Jun 28, 2013, 10:15 AM [ in reply to According to your coach... ]

dangling from an elephants ballzack at the 20s?

swing and a miss there buddy***

Jun 28, 2013, 10:19 AM [ in reply to According to your coach... ]

Jun 28, 2013, 10:23 AM [ in reply to According to your coach... ]

I think Clemson (and it's fan base) should focus less time on what is going on in Columbia, and more time on what has happened and what can happen @ Clemson.

I also think Clemson should focus on marketing what makes Clemson unique from other universities across the country. To me, that is the history, passion, family atmosphere, tradition, & winning.

Having said that, I think Clemson should consider replacing the primary marketing symbol (the paw) with the stripe. The stripe fits the military heritage, ties in with the mascot and fits Clemson's unique tradition of running down the hill. (therefore saying more about Clemson than the paw does IMO)

I also wish they would replace the purple with black.

Jun 28, 2013, 10:57 AM [ in reply to According to your coach... ]

Do you even hear yourself talking? Someone please nudge me when you start making sense.

The Tiger Paw is our state symbol.***

Jun 28, 2013, 10:22 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since when does cockfighting represent our state? Oh, right.

Jun 28, 2013, 10:29 AM

It does for redneck dirtpeckers. My bad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Since when does cockfighting represent our state? Oh, right.

Jun 28, 2013, 12:14 PM

Well I was mainly talking about the use of the State flag on Helmets and paraded around the stadium as well as the use of the palms on the field.

All the other trashy stuff is what makes me hate that the school is associated with our great state.

Jun 28, 2013, 10:32 AM

"THE University in this State, is and always has been THE University of Clemson" - Dabo Swinney

The entire Nation (outside of "SEC" country recognizes CLEMSON as THE premier University in this State.

Athletic and academic excellence for decades vs the " last 4 years".

That suffice?!?

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He didn't say the University of Clemson

Jun 28, 2013, 10:44 AM

or at least i hope he didn't

Re: Palmetto Trees do not do well in our climate

Jun 28, 2013, 10:33 AM

Nope. There are Palmetto trees all over Clemson's campus. There are a bunch around Redfern and several more in the presidents park/garden.

The ones at Redfern are not the state tree...

Jun 28, 2013, 11:11 AM

however, there are some Palmetto trees, the state tree, that were just planted at the Botanical Garden.

Re: Re: According to your coach...

Jun 28, 2013, 10:35 AM

Except for one version of the band uniforms, black is not a Clemson color.
And the stripe? How exactly would that work? The paw is one of the most awesome and unique logos in college, why change it??

Clemson's charter lists us as the flagship school.

Jun 28, 2013, 10:44 AM

Seriously. USuC's charter was revoked in the early 1890's because the state got sick of the rich kids draft dodging and not actually taking any classes. They considered closing the school permanently, but Tom Clemson said that on top of his military college, the lower state still needed something down there. So USuCs charter was revoked, the flagship charter was re-established in Clemson, and USuC is now classified in the state records (no joke) as a community college.

Do you have a link to this?

Jun 28, 2013, 10:46 AM

I'd really love to lord that over some acquaintances of mine.

The "lower state" still has Clemson too! I loved bypassing

Jun 28, 2013, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Clemson's charter lists us as the flagship school. ]

all that midlands stuff on my way to Tigertown, USA.

Plant the Palmettos

Jun 28, 2013, 10:47 AM

At the top of the hill , either side of the scoreboard about 15 feet apart. Also in planters on the concourses on either side of the West Zone . It would look fantastic umo

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Plant the Palmettos

Jun 29, 2013, 11:37 AM

Palmetto trees might look as though Clemson is promoting their state pride, but Palmettos aren't native to the upstate. In fact, they are a coastal tree. (so they aren't all that native to Columbia either...)

It seems to me Clemson University would be working against nature, in an effort to keep up with The University of South Carolina. (if it were to pursue this)

Since I don't feel Clemson University needs to keep up with The University of South Carolina, (quite the opposite actually based on historic academic/athletic accomplishments) and they aren't native to the geography in the upstate - I wouldn't support this.

This has always annoyed me

Jun 28, 2013, 10:59 AM

It really chaps my hide to see SCar use and wave the South Carolina flag as part of their repertoire, while Clemson just sits there and lets them do it without any sort of counterpunch. I think the winner of the annual game should have sole rights to wave it for the next season.

They have to as they have nothing recognizable as a logo...

Jun 28, 2013, 12:02 PM

I mean the c with the chicken looks like an ink blob and the snakes on their bb hats? Good grief. The state symbols are what associates them with anything unlike our nationally recognized tiger paw. But at least they try to borrow ideas from our traditions. Anyone else ever see that chicken foot or thought that cocky cloth (lol) came from tiger rag???

Jun 28, 2013, 1:44 PM

Maybe if the state comes close to being 20% of Clemson's budget, we will consider adding them.

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic