Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on Daniel Rodriquez
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 2,383

Thoughts on Daniel Rodriquez

Sep 6, 2012, 8:37 AM

Why don't we take him off of scholly and put him in charge of s&c? The guy obviously has the physical tools and experience for this position, and I don't foresee him getting any real pt anyway... Let's free up a scholly for someone who will bring it on the field.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NOT ON SCHOLARSHIP***

Sep 6, 2012, 8:38 AM

G.I. Bill walk-on.

Message was edited by: clover65®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ok, well off of the team then. he will be valuable as s&c

Sep 6, 2012, 8:39 AM

not so much on the team

This kid is as valuable to us in P.R. alone as

Sep 6, 2012, 8:46 AM

any player we have - MAYBE EVER. It is his dream to be on the field and we have promised him that - did you see his picture that was posted after playing on kickoffs ? He may have a future in coaching or S&C but that is up to him and his goals after college. We don't need to worry about anything except getting him on the field in the correct situations to fulfill his present goal. I can't wait until this week when he catches his first pass . IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!

His value as a member of this team is immeasurable.. the guy

Sep 6, 2012, 8:47 AM [ in reply to ok, well off of the team then. he will be valuable as s&c ]

has a purple heart and bronze star .. he leads from the front and all these kids look up to him. His leadership in the locker room and on the sideline is just as importannt as Sammy or Nuk or Tajh or Andre .... Dabo couldn't go out and buy that kind of influence on this team.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ One who knows!***

Sep 6, 2012, 8:49 AM

Ole Ball Sac judges players like this

Sep 6, 2012, 8:53 AM [ in reply to ok, well off of the team then. he will be valuable as s&c ]

We dont!

Are you stupid?

Sep 6, 2012, 12:10 PM [ in reply to ok, well off of the team then. he will be valuable as s&c ]

Haven't you ever seen the movie "Rudy". Sometimes you just have to do the right thing.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

^^^^^^^^ HAHA HA

Sep 6, 2012, 12:31 PM

you only really needed the subject line

classic & point !!!!!

null

Re: Thoughts on Daniel Rodriquez

Sep 6, 2012, 8:40 AM

I have full faith the coaches have full knowledge of how many schollies the team needs and who to give them to.

Sep 6, 2012, 8:50 AM

I'm sorry but that's a stupid idea. This guy brings so much heart to this team you don't even understand. People love this guy. Did you not see him cheering his teammates on and offering encouragement when they had a bad play? This guy is worth it. If he makes one special teams tackle he is worth his spot on this football team. This is bigger than football, we are giving a war hero the opportunity of a lifetime--the opportunity to fulfill a promise to a fallen friend.

And the fans and players love this guy. When we welcomed out boys back from Atlanta last weekend everyone went crazy when they saw Nuk and Tajh but they were just as excited to see D-Rod. He had a smile from ear to ear and he thanked everyone who congratulated him. I said "great game Dan" and he said "thanks man" with a smile and shook my hand like an old friend and we had never met prior. Rodriguez is a great teammate and an even better man and he deserves his spot on this team.

Sorry for my rant. Go Tigers!

Sep 6, 2012, 8:53 AM

I totally agree!

Sep 6, 2012, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on Daniel Rodriquez ]

Another who understands - I guess there is only one person here who doesn't.

For the record

Sep 6, 2012, 11:10 AM

I think Lt. Dan is awesome, I was just joking in the original post.

I'll be looking for him Saturday

Sep 6, 2012, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on Daniel Rodriquez ]

so my little girl and I can talk to him and get a picture of her with him. My stepson is in the Army and she loves to see soldiers. If he wouldn't object I'd give him a big hug too.

Daniel has already proven more to me than any kid on a football field ever could. He's been a gnat's ### from death, had friends who didn't make it home, and learned to deal with the haunting memories that will be with him forever.

Most of you have never lived the type of life Daniel has over the last few years. For those of us who have that background, we have a little more pride knowing where he came from and what he's been through.

2 things at Clemson make me a little teary eyed, Tiger Rag and the team coming down the hill, and the National Anthem. When I see Daniel leading the run down the hill with the flag I won't be able to hold them back.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll be looking for him Saturday

Sep 6, 2012, 11:19 AM

Agree 1,000%.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

So....you want to take an American Hero with a Purple Heart

Sep 6, 2012, 8:53 AM

and take away his dream of playing football....a pledge that he made to his friend before his friend was killed to fulfil that dream.....a dream that he worked hard to achieve and continues to strive to achieve....just because you don't foresee him getting any real pt anyway...for someone who will bring it on the field.?

Unbelievable!!!! Rodriquez has probably brought more to the field than most any player that has ever set foot in Death Valley!!

Wow......

Sep 6, 2012, 9:10 AM

Let me get this straight.

-Rodriquez is NOT on football scholarship. He is on GI scholarship and taking up no schollies.

-You do not want an American hero and Purple Heart awardee to get a chance to earn a college degree.

-You do not want the same young man to pursue his dream of playing his beloved game of football.

-You do not want his influence alongside his teammates and in the locker room.

-Really? Care to think before you post?

Sep 6, 2012, 9:13 AM

I acknowledged earlier in the post that he isn't on scholarship and I would want him to get his degree. Many people get degrees while they have a job... Remember Mcelrathby was offered a position and the opportunity to be a student at the same time...? You would still have him in the locker room...

Your second post still suggests that you don't get it-

Sep 6, 2012, 9:23 AM

you still said "off the team". That does not show that you understand all that is important in this situation. Getting a degree and a future job are long term goals that have nothing to do with your wish to eliminate his dream of playing football.

wow, just wow...I don't think the kid is a chess piece***

Sep 6, 2012, 9:38 AM

Sep 6, 2012, 12:55 PM

this if to the original post here....are you not wise enought to recognize a gold nugget when you see one? if not, better get you some glasses !!!!!!!!!

Sep 6, 2012, 12:56 PM

Daniel Rodriquez has EARNED the right to do whatever he desires. He has sacrificed more in his young years than most people will experience in a lifetime. Duty,Honor and Courage! People can either stand behind our warriors or pick up a rifle and stand a post....

Purple Heart, Orange Blood!!

Sep 7, 2012, 12:17 AM

The man is a true AMERICAN HERO!!

Thank him for protecting your right to post stupid c-rap on the internet.

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GI Bill and MORE!

Sep 7, 2012, 2:12 AM

It's been stated CLEARLY, he's on the GI Bill and rightly so. Coach has done what is MORALLY RIGHT and RIGHT FOR THE TEAM with both Daniel Rodriquez and Jake Nicolopulos (he's the player that had the stroke and his scholarship is still available).

Now to share, did you know that the children of Purple Heart veterans in most cases, can receive FREE in-state tuition to any SC state supported school? http://www.govoepp.state.sc.us/va/benefits.html#ed_assis

I have been fortunate enough to provide veterans I know, with this information and have received assistance. Just spreading the word.

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

Replies: 24
| visibility 2,383
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic