Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
South Upper Deck consessions terrible planning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

South Upper Deck consessions terrible planning

Sep 6, 2015, 2:50 PM

They only had 2 SUD concessions open yesterday with the left side one transformed to a team store and then the other 3 closed.

It was like they didn't expect an even remotely full house yesterday. The lines were so long it wasn't even viable to wait for service. No ATM up there anymore either. No Dip and dots,no frozen lemonade. Worst concession experience in a while.

Rant over... ??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

regardless... it unacceptable to leave early, unless you

Sep 6, 2015, 2:52 PM

are meeting the medi-vac chopper outside the stadium

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: regardless... it unacceptable to leave early, unless you

Sep 6, 2015, 2:56 PM

I was there till the clock struck 000. Even with my 7 year old complaining about no dip and dots etc.

I don't spend all the time and effort to watch 2 QTs. Was really looking forward to watching KB in the 4th QT and I thought he looked really good.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: regardless... it unacceptable to leave early, unless you

Sep 6, 2015, 3:56 PM

Now that right there would ruin a 7 year olds day, no dip n dots. You outta be ashamed taking a child to a game and not gotten them some dip n dots. Shame. I hope you at least got them some ice cream on the way home. Poor child.

Re: South Upper Deck consessions terrible planning

Sep 6, 2015, 3:41 PM

The lines were the worse I've seen in the 45 years I've been going!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The $3 water was "Hot"***

Sep 6, 2015, 3:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The $3 water was "Hot"***

Sep 6, 2015, 4:13 PM

Almost boiling is more like it.

Sep 6, 2015, 4:12 PM

You forgot to mention that the clerks had mini-calculators to ring up purchases and they only had one credit/debit card reader for each of the two open concession stands. My son and I missed over half a quarter due to this ineptitude.

Also, heard many fans upset that they were having to fight with people to sit in their seats. Apparently there was a major problem with people just taking up seats that were not theirs and then refusing to move. Security was almost invisible and never stepped into help.

Myself and many others are very disappointed.

They gave students Gen Adm tickets to the top deck

Sep 6, 2015, 4:39 PM

You can't give out gen adm in a reserved seating area.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2015, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: South Upper Deck consessions terrible planning ]

Helped a few to their seats after the security in the portal told them they never heard of that section..smh

Sep 6, 2015, 4:16 PM

I was shocked to see the concession situation in the South upper deck.I left to get my son a snack with 1 minute to go in the 1st quarter and got back to my seat mid way through the 2nd quarter. Missed 2 TD's also. Just inexcusable. I was in line for about 25 minutes!

They turned this concession stand into a fan store! I never saw more than 2 people in line.
Waste of space

Closed concession stand for the first game? Errmmm okay.
Really?

OMG! The line was going down the ramp!
OMG

GREAT pictures! i meant to get some but left my phone

Sep 6, 2015, 8:11 PM

in my seats when i went down to pee. (love the new troughs though!). i get the t-shirt stand converted, but there was no excuses or logic when 2-3 other concession stands were completely closed. it also seemed like most of the "free-standing" drink stands were closed too.

sell out game, likely hottest of the season. charging 4-5 bucks for beverages, the least they can eliminate lines so you don't miss the game. "Fan Experience" that has been preached to us the past couple of years was complete bunk. been sitting up there for 30+ years, and never have seen lines like that.

ALL IN!!

Sep 6, 2015, 4:26 PM

The north stands were just as bad. I went down right before wofford got their TD at the end of the 2nd quarter and didn't get back to my seat till 9:00 left in 3rd quarter (~30 min). What lines were open were just ridiculously slow, and the one next to section O only had 3 people working a single lane.

I worked those concessions when I was in high school. If we had shown up with only 3 people and gone that slow, we'd have been dumped for another group trying to raise money for their program.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2015, 7:41 PM

Does Clemson still use community and youth groups to work
concession stands? I noticed that all workers in the SUD(2 open stands) were wearing identical shirts labeled Clemson
Concessions. They had far fewer workers than youth groups
that have worked previously. The SUD seats 9,000+ people.
What intelligent person decided that one concession stand for
every 4,500+ was enough when in previous years you had
six or seven plus auxiliary stands out on the concourse?

Sep 6, 2015, 4:46 PM

I'd strongly recommend giving clemson some feedback and include the pics someone posted

I sent an email to Drad with Dr_Cat's pics

Sep 6, 2015, 5:22 PM

It was a mess in TDS. The concession problems and giving students Gen Adm tickets to reserved sections made for less than enhanced experience.

Got a reply in 15 minutes.

Message was edited by: cundvale®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What was his response?

Sep 6, 2015, 8:14 PM

was there any good reasons the concessions were closed?

ALL IN!!

Re: What was his response?

Sep 6, 2015, 8:49 PM

Even though I was not present the photos say this was a total mess! Somebody best solve this ASAP for App. St. or the Notre Dame game will not prove to be the kind of experience fans of other team will appreciate.

Go Tigers!

Re: What was his response?

Sep 6, 2015, 8:54 PM

Meant to say "either team will appreciate." in the previous post. Brain freeze from driving I-95 and I-26 back from Edisto Island. Traffic was heavy and roads one big construction mess.

Re: I sent an email to Drad with Dr_Cat's pics

Sep 7, 2015, 12:20 AM [ in reply to I sent an email to Drad with Dr_Cat's pics ]

I sent him a twitter msg, no response. I know - shocking!

TV monitors of the game would be a nice addition while

Sep 6, 2015, 9:11 PM

waiting in that long line. Maybe add some ceiling fans and gas heaters for the colder games, too? This ain't rocket science.

Sep 7, 2015, 8:10 AM

For years a church from Spartanburg ran concessions to raise money for their youth groups and they did a great job. I was told that they had to quit because they could not get enough "young people" to help anymore.

Sep 7, 2015, 8:22 AM

I just had a conversation with someone in the Athletic Department. I was told they already have a meeting set up for this morning to review this situation and make changes. So, hopefully there won't be a repeat of this mess. I'm just astonished that someone thought this was okay in the first place. It seems so amateurish. If we had just opened the upper deck then I guess I could understand just from the "unknown factor", but how long have we been doing this now?

Guy at one of the freestanding soda stands in the lower deck

Sep 7, 2015, 9:21 AM

didn't even have a table behind his stan. he had to sit on the ground to count out his money and make change. TERRIBLE.

Also, they ran out of water.

Was happy to see they dropped the price of water to $3/bottle :D

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic