Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Steve Spurrier ruined
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 71
| visibility 1

Steve Spurrier ruined

Sep 25, 2019, 6:39 AM

South Carolina football. I know Carolina fans trash him for the way he left, but the truth is he gave them the greatest 5 year run in school history and unrealistic expectations that no other coach will ever be able to match. The sad part is their young fans don't know any better and actually believe they're supposed to be a good program.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Steve Spurrier ruined

Sep 25, 2019, 6:54 AM

I had the pleasure of educating one of my neighbor's who's daughter recently started attending SCAR.

He's originally from Pennsylvania and is a Penn State grad. I educated him SCAR's all-time records and football futility over the last 128 year.

He response was: "I had no idea they were that bad" and "their fans talk like they've always been a good program".

He was oblivious that their 5-year run under Spurrier was a total anomaly. He couldn't believe their only football championship was as a 7-4 ACC co-championship with Maryland in 1969.

He's taken up to rooting for the Gamecocks because of his daughter even though I told him it was an exercise in futility.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2019, 8:02 AM

Seems his daughter gets her poor judgement from him. After he learned the truth, he should just have shaken his head in disgust at his daughter's poor choice and tried to help her make better decisions in the future, rather than support the bad decision. He will make a perfect coot fan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2019, 7:55 AM

Makes sense to me too.

I told him he was making a mistake, but he said he had to support his daughter. My response.."get ready for a lifetime of losing with a rancid fanbase".

Sep 26, 2019, 10:32 AM

Correct, and probably, many more bad decisions from a daughter who hasn't been corrected when mistakes have been made.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2019, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Steve Spurrier ruined ]

Sounds like the guy just isn’t very knowledgeable on football.

Penn State only has two outright conference championships.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Can you believe that Notre Dame has zero!***

Sep 25, 2019, 8:14 AM

Re: Can you believe that Notre Dame has zero!***

Sep 25, 2019, 8:15 AM

I can. I understand how being an independent impacts your ability to win conference championships.

Doesn’t seem the other poster does though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, are you trying to argue that SC only has 1 conference

Sep 25, 2019, 8:23 AM

title because they were independent for a couple of stretches?

Penn State has only been in a conference for 27 years and they have 4 Big Ten titles, not 2. I don't care if they are shared, they won the tie-breakers in those years and were crowned conference champs. You can't just not count those.

South Carolina has been in the SEC for 28 years, ACC for 17 years, and the SoCon for 30 years. That's 1 conference title in 75 years of conference football.

Re: Wait, are you trying to argue that SC only has 1 conference

Sep 25, 2019, 8:34 AM

Yes we would have won at least 2 ACC championships had we stayed in the ACC during our independent stretch.

“I don’t care if they’re shared”
Yeah I know you’re not really interested in an honest conversation.

ROFL...bless your deluded ignorant little chicken heart !!!!

Sep 25, 2019, 8:37 AM

Whatever helps you sleep at night princess !!!

Were "ifs" and "buts" candy and nuts, uof5c fans would all have a merrier Christmas.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I don't understand why it's relevant to you to differentiate between

Sep 25, 2019, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Wait, are you trying to argue that SC only has 1 conference ]

an outright conference title and a shared conference title where they won the tiebreaker and were the legitimate conference champions. Penn state claims those titles and I'm very, very sure South Carolina would claim those as well if they had any.

Re: I don't understand why it's relevant to you to differentiate between

Sep 25, 2019, 7:49 PM

There are children starving in Japan if you must feel sorry for someone

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2019, 8:02 PM

Hey get your facts straight. Zimbabwe, Uganda, etc. but not Japan!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2019, 8:16 PM

Last time I was in Japan there was nothing but raw fish and unflavored noodles to eat. Couldn’t wait to get back to the land of fried chicken and pork BBQ. You feel sorry for Uganda, I feel sorry for Japan.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can confirm that Japan childern are starving!

Sep 26, 2019, 2:04 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't understand why it's relevant to you to differentiate between ]

Not from a lack of food, just a lack of desire to eat it!

I had better food in the Philippines. (It was overcooked, but better)

Sushi and hibachi are two of my favorite things to eat

Sep 26, 2019, 10:06 AM

Do they not actually eat those over there?

Right out of the coot playbook...

Sep 25, 2019, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Wait, are you trying to argue that SC only has 1 conference ]

UVA was an easy ACC win last year until they actually played just like UNC was an easy ACC win this year...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Right out of the coot playbook...

Sep 25, 2019, 7:51 PM

They do seem to trip up, oftentimes, but they seem to do a lot of tripping.

Sep 25, 2019, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Wait, are you trying to argue that SC only has 1 conference ]

As long as you're pretending, why not claim that you would have won 10 ACC championships...in a row!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2019, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Wait, are you trying to argue that SC only has 1 conference ]

Did you seriously just type that ludicrous statement 09?

Sep 25, 2019, 12:15 PM

What was ludicrous?

Sep 25, 2019, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Wait, are you trying to argue that SC only has 1 conference ]

You make a great "South Carolina Fan". Facts don't seem to matter much, and history eludes your recollections. That's okay, though. There is hope. Please know that you don't have to continue supporting them. They don't deserve it, and sins can be forgiven, but forgiveness must be sought before it is granted. I hope you realize that. Now, I wouldn't suggest you become a Clemson fan, nor a supporter, although it is a wiser choice, but you certainly could do much better than to hitch your wagon to a "program" with nothing for which to justify the allegiance. Doing that only assures two stranded wagons.

Sep 26, 2019, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Wait, are you trying to argue that SC only has 1 conference ]

You are a typical idiot SCAR fan.

South Carolina's place in the college football landscape is as follows:

3rd-Tier Power 5 Programs:

Vanderbilt
Kentucky
South Carolina, etc...

2cnd-Tier Power 5 Programs:

UNC
Mizzou
Maryland

1st-Tier Power Programs:

Penn State
Alabama
Clemson, etc...

You have no business comparing SCAR football to Penn State.

Sep 26, 2019, 8:27 AM

Where did I compare Penn State and South Carolina?

You seem to enjoy making up straw men to argue against.

South Carolina could be a solid football program.

Sep 26, 2019, 9:23 AM

I'm a Clemson grad, loyal Tiger fan, season ticket holder for 40+ years and a native of the Palmetto State. I saw my first Clemson vs South Carolina game in 1955. I bleed orange.

Having said that to try to make it clear, I'm a Clemson guy.........

South Carolina could be a solid football program. The school has a lot of fans, witness where they rank in attendance compared to where they rank in wins and losses.

South Carolina is a location that produces a lot of excellent football talent. Tons of great players grow up within an easy drive to Columbia. A program centered in the Palmetto State, bordering NC and Georgia and Florida an easy commute down south is surrounded by plenty of talent available for the Gamecocks to field an excellent, nationally competitive team.

Academics and admissions standards are not a tough issue for the Gamecocks. Columbia is big enough to offer the sort of atmosphere college students enjoy, yet not a big enough city to scare parents away.

Playing in the SEC East with a yearly game against Clemson gives the Gamecocks a solid base schedule where winning would be noticed and would count nationally.

The fans and administration of South Carolina want to be good and are willing to pay to play. Since the mid-60s the Gamecocks have hired 3 big name coaches who won big and won Nattys in other places. Searching for ways to get better the Gamecocks left the ACC to escape tougher entrance requirements, played a national independent schedule in an attempt to be relevant and then joined the league most viewed as the best in the country, all in hopes of becoming a solid program.

South Carolina is not diverted from success in football by a focus on some other sport. They are not focused on basketball the way Kentucky, North Carolina, and a few other schools are. They enjoyed a brief run at the top in baseball but that did not cool their ardor for football.

So the location, the money, the school and the 'want to' are all there for South Carolina to become an excellent football program.

But South Carolina is not an excellent football program. They have had a few moments of minor success, but mostly the Gamecocks have been an failure in the biggest national collegiate sport. Their lack of success is really stunning. The Gamecocks have lifetime losing records against North Carolina and Duke, against Georgia and Georgia Tech, against Florida and FSU, against Auburn and Alabama, against Tennessee and Clemson....they literally lose to everyone worth a hoot within 500 miles of Columbia.

And it's this state of affairs that is so punishing to Gamecock fans. They have every asset needed to be successful, and they are not. Despite an intense want to be decent, the Gamecocks are simply awful. They have been awful forever. The Gamecocks are like the Cubs once were, except they have never been lovable failures. The Gamecocks are simply a terrible college football program.

The Gamecocks are the perfect rival because they so want to be good and they are awful. Add to that the fact the internet is full of videos of Gamecocks students fighting in pre and post game settings over their own ineptitude, looking like ruffians and a whole clan born and bred on the wrong side of the tracks, and Clemson has a rival that is the laughing stock of the whole nation. Throw in the fact that the University of South Carolina is a third rate academic institution and it becomes very hard to take the Gamecocks seriously.

PERHAPS they Gamecocks could be good at college football, but they are not. And Clemson is ranked #1, we're toting long winning streak, we've won two of the last three nattys, we're something like 10-1 in our last games against their whole league and life is just about perfect.

And that's why I like having South Carolina as our biggest 'wannabee' rival. They suck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: South Carolina could be a solid football program.

Sep 26, 2019, 4:12 PM

You make a pretty good argument, but I disagree with you that South Carolina will ever be a good football program.

I grew up in CT and attended Clemson from '91-96'. I was a season ticket holder for 10 years. After graduation, I moved to Columbia SC where I lived for 3 years before settling in the SC Lowcountry. I have an "outsiders" perspective but understand all things, South Carolina. My best friends are natives, my Clemson buddies are natives, and so is my wife. Like you, until about 2 years ago thought the Gamecocks could eventually turn things around and be a big-time football program. But, age, experience, and wisdom has led me to the conclusion that it's never going to happen (at least in my lifetime).

Their brand is too weak to recruit against the Clemson's, 'Bama's, FSU's, UF's, UGA's, GT's, AUB's, LSU's, VT's, UNC's, UK's, UT's, UVA's, etc... of the world. Brands matter, and when basketball schools like Duke, UNC, and UK all have bigger brands than South Carolin it's a major problem for your football program.

I've lived in SC for 28 years and although people from the state South Carolina are awesome, the University of South Carolina is not. It's a study in organizational dysfunction in my opinion. You could give them all the same tools, support, and $$$ as Clemson and they'd figure how to screw it up. Their University is arrogant, prideful, corrupt, and envious. It starts with their leaders, Presidents, BOT's, and Alumni. Their collective arrogance has made them foolish to the tune of 100+ years and counting. Not to mention their fan-base which is a direct reflection on their leadership. It's rancid and delusional. You don't just "wave a magic wand" and fix that kind of culture. In my humble opinion, it's unfixable.

South Carolina has been relegated to a 3rd-tier Power-5 football program but they don't seem to know it. They are, and always have been on an equal football footing with Vanderbilt, or Kentucky (if you look at the record books that's probably a slight to Vandy and UK too).

South Carolina is Vandy with a bigger stadium in football (and that's an insult to Vandy both academically and athletically).

Re: South Carolina could be a solid football program.

Sep 28, 2019, 10:49 AM [ in reply to South Carolina could be a solid football program. ]

Thoroughly nailed it! They can't help it, I guess, because if they could, they certainly would. Money can't buy it, because they have no shortage of that now, thanks to the really important teams that carry the sec, but the coots just can't amount to squat. It is comical to us, but it is heartbreaking to them, and there is nothing that they are willing or able to do to fix it. It is a perpetual, "wait til next year" program, and they fume inside. Did I say COMICAL? I thought so. The great thing for us is we always get to enjoy their futility, and I do enjoy it a lot.

Oh....TWO championship!!

Sep 26, 2019, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Wait, are you trying to argue that SC only has 1 conference ]

That's something to get excited about.

meh.

which season?***

Sep 27, 2019, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Wait, are you trying to argue that SC only has 1 conference ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2019, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Wait, are you trying to argue that SC only has 1 conference ]

Yes we would have won at least 2 ACC championships had we stayed in the ACC during our independent stretch.

“I don’t care if they’re shared”
Yeah I know you’re not really interested in an honest conversation.

Actually he is correct on this. Joe Morrison had one very good team (1984) that went 10-2 and another that was pretty good in 1984 that went 8-4 and both likely would have won the ACC. Clemson won the ACC both years but also lost to the Gamecocks in both. And it wasn't like the Chickens played nobody; they actually did play some fairly stout schedules in those years...in 1987, for instance, their slate included teams like Georgia, Nebraska, Miami, LSU, VT, and Virginia.

So...reluctantly, '09 is right on this one. There have been occasional stretches where the Gamecocks were decent-to-very-good (though never great!) and that was one of them.

Sep 27, 2019, 8:01 PM

Sorry, should have said "another that was pretty good in 1987". Apologies.

Sep 25, 2019, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Wait, are you trying to argue that SC only has 1 conference ]

I am not even sure their one "title" was really a title, or just a shared moment of pseudo-glory. Regardless, their "glory" was short lived, and Houdini couldn't have made it disappear any better than it vanished from them.

Sep 25, 2019, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Can you believe that Notre Dame has zero!*** ]

That was SC’s biggest mistake was bolting from the ACC. You were better off in a conference. The Gamecocks did not have the athletic programs to be a successful independent school.

Sep 25, 2019, 9:32 AM

Well, they were in the mighty Metro conference in basketball and other sports for those years, were they not?

Sep 25, 2019, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Can you believe that Notre Dame has zero!*** ]

They did think their BB program was good enough when Fwank McDwire was their coach, but they found out that wasn't really accurate either.

Sep 25, 2019, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Steve Spurrier ruined ]

typical uscjr logic, let's compare ourselves to perv-state. Hmmmm

610-581-44 (79th out of 130). only 138 wins behind Clemson, and growing

1 conference championship (co)

Perv-state
889 - 391 - 42 (10th out of 130)

5 conference championships

2 Consensus National Championships

Sep 25, 2019, 7:57 PM

There you go throwing in real facts, and stats to back them up. Coots won't lie that!

GOOD MORNING

Sep 25, 2019, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Steve Spurrier ruined ]

Classof09®!! I have been wondering where you were and how you’re doing (granted, I’m hit and miss on here of late - retirement keeps a body busy), but haven’t seen or heard much from you of late. Was hoping the rough start to your football season, our lady soccer team thumping your ranked lady soccer team, etc., didn’t run off one of Crump and B-Meist’s paying customers!

Anyway, sorry about your football season(s), but remember, this too, shall pass. Like you say about having the ‘right coach’, imagine IF Dabo had come to SC instead of Clemson, and IF your AD had had the smarts to make him your coach, then who knows?

Take care my friend, and good luck on becoming bowl eligible.

PS: I was going to call ‘disingenuous’ on your Penn State comment, but Hillbilly Tiger beat me to it....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: GOOD MORNING

Sep 25, 2019, 7:59 PM

Outstanding! Seems lie you nailed the coffin shut, but they never give up. That's what makes this so fun.

They also have two outright National Championships, how

Sep 27, 2019, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Steve Spurrier ruined ]

many do y'all have?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They spent many years as an independent.***

Sep 27, 2019, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Steve Spurrier ruined ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2019, 7:24 AM

Coot fans are able to remember only those 5 years. To many coot fans that is the history of their program. Many SC fans are able to block out the rest of their football programs miserable history. They have forgotten Clemson’s 63-17 thrashing and DF’s 1989 team kicking their butts up and down the field 45-0 at WB, and the last 5 years of defeats at the hands of 3 time NC winner DF and Dabo’s Tigers.

They fired a HC ( Brad Scott ) who I believe that could have had more success if he had been given a chance. He did win their first Bowl Game for them.

In their minds the rest of their history doesn’t matter. Some fans are started to get it by bailing on the program. I read on FGF where some long time fans are selling their season tickets , parking passes and will stop giving the the Gamecock Club. They are finding other things to do on Saturday’s. One guy said he could easily check the score in the Sunday paper. Now those are fans who for 20 plus years have invested in SC football. You have to feel pretty dang bad about your program to have these type fans bail out on their team.

I have to be honest, I never expected our program to become Elite adding 2 more NC’s in the last 3 years while the Gamecocks became such a sad dreadful hopeless program. My neighbor a former Gamecock LB is going to start pulling for UGA. As for my really close coot friends it’s not as much fun slamming the coots like it use to be. It’s almost like an intentional targeting foul directly to the head.

RIP SC Gamecock’s!

Sep 25, 2019, 8:57 AM

I gotta say that I disagree with you on them making a mistake for not giving Scott more time. His best season was 7-5 in his first season. His last two years there were 5-6 and 1-10, and he left them with a roster that went 0-11 the following season.

like one of Ashton Kutcher's - you got punked TV shows

Sep 25, 2019, 7:27 AM

what a great moment in scar football history.

and on top of it - he really doesn't give a #### about that school or fans at all

He is 100 % FLORIDA GATORS !!!!!

so funny

null

Re: like one of Ashton Kutcher's - you got punked TV shows

Sep 25, 2019, 7:31 AM

Yeah, Spurrier only took that job so he could troll Tennessee... it worked better than he expected

I mean... he basically left it like he found it

Sep 25, 2019, 8:04 AM

And while he was there he gave them the best stretch of football in the history of the school. I'm not sure that qualifies as "ruining it."

Re: I mean... he basically left it like he found it

Sep 25, 2019, 10:29 AM

No, he literally ruined it..or more or less their recruiting...on the way out. Left them with a 3 year probation at the very end.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/7863243/ncaa-cites-south-carolina-gamecocks-failure-monitor

Meh. They were like 6-5 the year before he took over and

Sep 25, 2019, 12:38 PM

like 6-6 the year after he left. I dont see how that constitutes ruining the program. It was already pretty bad before he took over and he left enough talent behind that Muschamp was able to average 7-8 wins over his first three seasons.

Sep 25, 2019, 8:09 AM

Spurrier showed you can definitely win at South Carolina.

But you’re right that glimmer of success made these crappy seasons hurt a lot more.

Sep 25, 2019, 8:29 AM

I guess, if you consider never winning a conference championship, national championship or even playing in a big time bowl game winning.

Sad.

Sep 25, 2019, 9:52 AM

And if you consider 2010 being the best team....being the only team above .500 in you division success.... and considering that if playing in the west, you would have been about equal to the 6th place Miss State record-wise.

uOF5c does not with with achievement, just other teams have to have historically bad years and beat SC being worse.

Funny thing, the "best SEc East" Coot year was also a year you lost to Florida State in the Chickfila Bowl.

Sep 25, 2019, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Steve Spurrier ruined ]

Sounds like their be a fair amount of Tigers at WB to watch our undefeated regular season on our way to beating FSU's consecutive win streak. We will do it!

The ONLY thing Spurrier ever did was beat Clemson...

Sep 25, 2019, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Steve Spurrier ruined ]

The pinnacle of uof5c football resulted in absolutely zero conference championships, zero BCS bowl appearances, and certainly no National Championships.

The one Division championship (which occurred in a year when the $-EZ Least was as bad as it had been in four decades), resulted in a embarrassing blow-out loss in the conference championship game followed by another embarrassing blow-out loss in Peach Bowl purportedly because your starting QB showed-up to the game hungover.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2019, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Steve Spurrier ruined ]

Class of 09 SC fan,

SC’s football program cannot sustain long term success. Your history has proven that. During your 5 year run under Spurrier he had the luxury of playing Florida, Tennessee, some years Clemson, and UGA when they were having average to below average seasons. Also some of the other programs you played where having some really bad years as well. But you guys seem to forget that. You were successful because of a perfect storm for your run of success. Out of 120 plus seasons how many times has SC won 10 games or more? We have won a 10 games or more. I believe Clemson has won 10 or more games more 8 times since 2009 with 4 College Football Playoff appearances winning the NC 2 out of those 4 playoff appearances. We have won 10 games 15 times with a total of 3 National Championships.

Based on 120 plus years of SC football history IMO, it is impossible to be able to consistently win at SC.

Sep 25, 2019, 10:24 AM

I’m guessing you’re not a big fan of science?

Just because something hasn’t been done before doesn’t mean it isn’t capable of happening.

Sep 25, 2019, 10:31 AM

yep, as long as you got some money in your pockets, anything is possible, eh?
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/7863243/ncaa-cites-south-carolina-gamecocks-failure-monitor

LOL...

Sep 25, 2019, 10:56 AM

"If aren't cheatin', you aren't tryin'." - Lou Holtz - HC, University of Mouth Carowhina

Sep 25, 2019, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Steve Spurrier ruined ]

There you go rubbing it in. Please have some mercy on the poor coot. He suffers more than we can imagine, already, I'm sure.

Sep 25, 2019, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Steve Spurrier ruined ]

The problem is you will never get a coach of Spurrier's caliber ever again.

Sep 25, 2019, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Steve Spurrier ruined ]

"Spurrier showed you can definitely win at South Carolina. "

Spurrier showed he could be semi-successful ANYWHERE is how the rest of the country views this.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2019, 8:15 PM

Correct, but how did that work out for him? Yeah, I didn't think so much of it either, and the funny this is, he never mentions usuc now, Only UF. Same thing will happen to Muschamp. Coots should have known it, though. If he couldn't win at UF with all their $$$ and resources, how in the world could he have suspected to win in cola. He took (and still is taking) the $$$, and he will leave with a huge smile on his face as he leaves. He won't look back, because he is afraid that, if he does, he will turn into a pillar of s--t.

Sep 25, 2019, 8:42 AM

Well so far, this season couldn't have gone any better. We're undefeated and #1 in the country chasing our 3rd championship in 4 years and our rival and its fan base are completely checked out for the year before the end of September. I've always heard you don't kick somebody when they're down, but they earned this for pulling for that school. They brought this on themselves for sure

Sep 25, 2019, 8:16 PM

This is a re-run I've seen many times. It really is comical.

He really did. He gave them just a taste of what it is like

Sep 25, 2019, 9:36 AM

to actually be a semi-successful football team, and took it from them. Now, they are like the country singer who goes to the bar every night and drinks away his sorrows, mourning the one that got away.

I'll throw '09 a bone...

Sep 25, 2019, 8:06 PM

Three trophies will still fit on a single shelf. The good news...no extra trophy room investment needed...so that can go to coaches' salaries! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll throw '09 a bone...

Sep 25, 2019, 8:18 PM

Really, their ex-coaches should refund usuc some major bucks.

Sep 26, 2019, 9:37 AM

The only reason Spurrier did well at USCjr was because he had access to a lot of fire extinguishers.
He stored them close to all those blazing dumpsters.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2019, 10:40 AM

USC has the misfortune of having been built in a desert. 10 million years ago, the ocean came in all the way to Columbia,which was a beach at the time. Consequently, it is now a white-sanded desert filled with lizards and the occasional appearance of a megaladon land-shark. Unfortunately, it is smack-dab in the middle of the state, which means there's no easy access to the hunting grounds of north carolina, georgia, or tennessee--all states that are an easy drive from Clemson.

I predicted that when he raised hail over...

Sep 27, 2019, 7:50 PM

a one year extension by proclaiming recruits wouldn't want to sign with a school which had no confidence in their head coach. He ruined two recruiting classes with that then left them heartbroken half way through the year.

That's SOS' MO. He uses people like condoms, fill them full of junk then flush them down the toilet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only reason spurrier did anything

Sep 28, 2019, 11:41 AM

Was perfect storm of the SEC east powers all being down and Clemson going through a coaching change. Once Dabo got settled in and started out recruiting him he quit.

Ruined?? how do you figure that?!

Sep 28, 2019, 11:47 AM

they were trash before he got there and they are trash now. :p

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Replies: 71
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic