Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
USA Today releases top Miami coaching candidates.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,224

USA Today releases top Miami coaching candidates.

Oct 26, 2015, 4:16 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/acc/2015/10/25/miami-al-golden-fired-what-next-greg-schiano-rich-rodriguez-tommy-tuberville-larry-fedora/74601706/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Lane Kiffin is the perfect fit there!***

Oct 26, 2015, 4:31 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: USA Today releases top Miami coaching candidates.

Oct 26, 2015, 4:35 PM

Out of all those names, Frank Wilson would be the one I wouldn't won't to see at Miami. Not as long as we recruit in the south Fla area.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No mention of...

Oct 26, 2015, 4:51 PM

When talking about schools looking for coaches, the article didn't even mention USCjr. Are they that irrelevant on the national scene? I certainly hope so!

South Carolina Job

Oct 26, 2015, 4:56 PM

I don't recall USA Today doing this coaching search for South Carolina. Undoubtedly the SC job is a much better position in terms of facilities, prestiege and salary. I know Miami has a LOT of history, but to me seems like a dead-end job (no fan support, stadium an hour away from campus. low salary)
Don't know why anyone would want to step into those shoes.

I have to disagree... I don't think the SCar job brings any

Oct 26, 2015, 5:21 PM

more to the table. Yes, the U's fanbase is very "fair weather." Even when the Orange Bowl was practically on campus, they had trouble filling it in their years right before the glory days. That fan base is especially fickle. BUT, If you win as a coach, the fans flock to the games.

I think Butch Davis would bring the fans in droves as they were heartbroken when he left. And I think he is the type of coach that could maximize Miami's 4-5 star talent in ways that Golden never could.

That being said, Miami has crazy money that they will spend on this hire because they have experimented on the "young" coaches since Coker was fired. They will spend the huge dollars to bring back a Butch and revitalize that program. I would go to the U in a heartbeat and be a hero in an awesome city rather than go to Columbia.

Re: USA Today releases top Miami coaching candidates.

Oct 26, 2015, 4:57 PM

I don't recall USA Today doing this coaching search for South Carolina. Undoubtedly the SC job is a much better position in terms of facilities, prestiege and salary. I know Miami has a LOT of history, but to me seems like a dead-end job (no fan support, stadium an hour away from campus. low salary)
Don't know why anyone would want to step into those shoes.

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,224
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic