Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Dye emotional in Clemson debut
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

New Story: Dye emotional in Clemson debut

Nov 7, 2014, 1:12 AM

Dye emotional in Clemson debut

Tyshon Dye’s road to the playing field as a Clemson Tiger has been long and arduous but his love of the game that he grew up playing kept him going through even the toughest times. When the Georgia native’s time finally came Thursday night, there were butterflies, jitters and even a few tears. What does Dye say about the experience? How healthy is he? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Dye emotional in Clemson debut

Nov 7, 2014, 1:25 AM

Dude is going to be good if healthy. You can't take much away from garbage time when the Deacs knew we would try to run out the clock, but his first run was good. If he learns the system, gets healthier, and has Watson and crew along with the new O-linemen coming in - who let's face it have a decent shot to start at least at right tackle - then watch out.

Tyshon is the man...

Nov 7, 2014, 1:28 AM

2+ years of rehab and his spirit and drive is just as potent as ever. Just thinking about the hardship he's endured and finally being able to compete and show his talent is an inspiration to me personally and should be to everyone. Tyshon, you have a strength and power now that will not only serve you on the field but throughout your life. Embrace it and thrive from it. And no matter what, from here on out just know that you are The Man!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tyshon is the man...

Nov 7, 2014, 8:48 AM

Well said! +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2014, 1:30 AM

I've been waiting a long time to watch him play in a tiger uniform. He made it worth the wait.

Nov 7, 2014, 1:38 AM

It was hard to not notice that physically he looks just a whole lot like what I'm used to seeing with the likes of 'Bama, LSU, and Auburn. He looks like - sorry - a typical SEC West running back. Definitely passes the eye test.

We'll probably see him sparingly against GT, but I'd expect a big dose of Dye against Georgia State. In an ideal world he's got some confidence and momentum going into the South Carolina and bowl games.

Nov 7, 2014, 2:12 AM

Dye ...it was great to see him able to play tonight. He will be special. He will be alright once he gets a few rep's.

So that's what a running back is supposed to look like...

Nov 7, 2014, 5:57 AM

with the ball!

Re: So that's what a running back is supposed to look like...

Nov 7, 2014, 6:09 AM

Yep!!! I think we found our next great back. From the first time he touched ball. He's the most natural running back I've seen in our lineup. Choice is close, but Dye is the one. Great combination of speed, power and natural born instincts.

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So that's what a running back is supposed to look like...

Nov 7, 2014, 4:50 PM

The impressive part is he ran so well behind a struggling line! He, and Choice look the part. Gallman has that skat back feel/look.
I'm still very disappointed in the o-line! Reminds me of the day's Spiller had to run behind a suspect line. Or when Whitehurst only had milliseconds to get the ball out. The injuries, and the transfer really hurt. Even with the problems we have had this year, I still think 11 wins are possible if Watson stays healthy! I just hope he isn't the glass cannon he appears to be!
Always proud to be a Tiger! Even when we win ugly! Heck, a loss as a Tiger is better than a ShameCock win any day!

GO TIGERS!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like the way he finished his runs. He was laying the wood***

Nov 7, 2014, 10:37 AM [ in reply to So that's what a running back is supposed to look like... ]

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Nov 7, 2014, 8:11 AM

Stay healthy my friend.

Folks, this is Clemson's Gurley

Nov 7, 2014, 8:37 AM

If he can stay healthy.

And they can keep a pen away from him.

Re: Folks, this is Clemson's Gurley

Nov 7, 2014, 9:23 AM

Hopefully this is minus the whole autographing thing . . . ;)

Re: Folks, this is Clemson's Gurley

Nov 7, 2014, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Folks, this is Clemson's Gurley ]

Gallman reminds me so much of T.J. Yeldon from Bama it isn't funny. He's slightly smaller, but runs with that same violent style and ridiculous speed in the open field. Both are big backs. Dye looks like more of a in between the tackles downhill runner will straight run you over with solid speed. Todd Gurley anyone?Choice is solid as well. Take into account that we are bringing in the best O-line class seen in a while here, and currently in the country, our running game is looking deadly over the next 3 years or so.

Nov 7, 2014, 8:47 AM

He seems like a good kid. I love winning, but I love winning even more with good young men...unlike FSU.
I am extremely excited about watching this young man develop.

Nov 7, 2014, 8:51 AM

He looked smooth and appeared to have some vision on his first run. Something that I don't see often out of our backs. The rest of his runs, he fell forward when tackled except the time it took about five of them to push him back. Looking forward to him hitting his groove.

Great Day For Tye Dye & Tiger Nation Yesterday

Nov 7, 2014, 8:53 AM

This has been a long time coming for him and for us. We need his skill set (along with better OL play) to finish off our offense. I believe we are headed for some very special times over the next few years. Guys gutted it out last night. Not pretty, and definitely hosed several times by the ref's, but still got it done. Proud of the "no quit". Great to be a Tiger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From what I saw in his limited time...

Nov 7, 2014, 8:56 AM

he runs behind his pads better than any back we have

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: From what I saw in his limited time...

Nov 7, 2014, 9:35 AM

Should be perfect for the read option. Let Dye thump between the tackles and let DW run in space.

This must be what its like

Nov 7, 2014, 9:29 AM

when you see bigfoot or nessie. I had pretty much convinced myself that Dye was just some myth created to strike fear in the hearts of opposing LBs. I am actually amazed! ;)

Nov 7, 2014, 9:32 AM

I'm glad he has this resolve and confidence. I can't wait to see this kid become the monster I think he will be. I just hope that Morris soon realizes that there is a left and right direction to run the ball also...

Nov 7, 2014, 8:59 PM

I just hope that Morris will soon realize that a big productive bruising tough yard gaining RB will improve his offense in a big way....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like the guy really loves playing for Clemson...

Nov 7, 2014, 9:45 AM

...That's passion & emotion that I love to see in our team.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Nov 7, 2014, 9:59 AM

He looks good - built like a mack truck!

Nov 7, 2014, 10:33 AM

I have been waiting to see him run and play in a game. Glad to see him healthy and and involved and I hope and pray that he has all of his health issues behind him and has a very productive career as a Tiger and beyond.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic