Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saw Deshaun Watson today in harcombe.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Saw Deshaun Watson today in harcombe.

Feb 10, 2014, 12:45 PM

Sitting in harcombe eating today and saw Deshaun Watson walk in and instead of going and sitting with his football buddies, he went and say down with a random guy that was sitting by himself and had a conversation with him for about an hour. Hopefully he'll be leading Clemson sometime soon. Seems like a great guy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is Harcombe still better then Schilletter?***

Feb 10, 2014, 12:47 PM

How about better than ITZA Pizza?

Feb 10, 2014, 12:48 PM

Hmm . . .?

Pizza and beer in Johnstone E-6--why did the 80's have to end?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Harcombe still better then Schilletter?***

Feb 10, 2014, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Is Harcombe still better then Schilletter?*** ]

Schiletter is the best. The cookies are to die for and the relatively small size means that the food is less cooked for the masses. Plus you always got Miss Tiffany singing at the cookie station and she ought to be on American Idol.

The best imo is Clemson house for Sunday Brunch***

Feb 10, 2014, 12:53 PM

Holy crap, times have changed if that's the case...***

Feb 10, 2014, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Is Harcombe still better then Schilletter?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Must go in cycles..Schilletter was better when I wuz in

Feb 10, 2014, 1:05 PM

skewl.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

2004-2008 Harcombe was 100x better. Made me glad

Feb 10, 2014, 1:07 PM

I lived in the Shoeboxes too. Sucked on weekends because then you had to walk to Shitlater. C-House for Sunday morning brunch was always delish though.

Eventually I just ate at Fernow St Cafe since I was stuck in Riggs all the time... #engineer

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2008-2011 it was still better I believe

Feb 10, 2014, 1:16 PM

I too was an engineer in the shoe boxes and ate Harcombe until I moved to Lightsey for my sophmore and Junior years. I got rid of my meal plan at that time and went to Walmart to get my food.

Schilleter wasn't nearly as good as Harcombe in those years

Feb 10, 2014, 2:11 PM [ in reply to 2004-2008 Harcombe was 100x better. Made me glad ]

I think it was either 2003 or 2004 when Harcombe was renovated and they also upgraded the food service. Breakfast there was great, as they always had smoothies and an omelette station. They also usually had some more gourmet choices for lunch and dinner, while Schilletter always just seemed to be buffet style crap.

We used to call Schilleter "the Shit-letter," and everybody knew about the Harcombe PhD.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was renovated from 03-04 I believe.

Feb 10, 2014, 2:22 PM

Start of Fall 04 it was open.

I miss that omelette lady, she never smiled, but made good omelettes. And who can forget the card nazi manning the entrance!?

Sounds like he is well on his way to a PhD

Feb 10, 2014, 2:36 PM

I was an expert on PhD's in my time at Clemson.

graham-lees

Feb 10, 2014, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Must go in cycles..Schilletter was better when I wuz in ]

photo graham-lees-hall1_zps8ebf7d68.jpg

was it for me & all the other freshmen; wait, wrong skewl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We get it, you weren't accepted into Clemson and had

Feb 10, 2014, 2:16 PM

to attend your fallback liberal arts school.

I hate how all you liberal arts grads feel the need to flaunt it to people who got real degrees.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

you seem like a great person, i'm glad you had 17,000 plus

Feb 10, 2014, 2:45 PM

shoulders to cry on.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. I never thought Schilletter was all that good

Feb 10, 2014, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Holy crap, times have changed if that's the case...*** ]

Must have gotten a lot better since I graduated.

I walked by it recently on my way to a tailgate and there is

Feb 10, 2014, 1:08 PM

now a Wendy's inside of it! o_O

Re: Is Harcombe still better then Schilletter?***

Feb 10, 2014, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Is Harcombe still better then Schilletter?*** ]

Harcombe is way better. Schilletter gets way too crowded. Either way neither one is extremely good. And C house is bad most of the time.

C- House was awful when I lived there in 2003***

Feb 10, 2014, 2:13 PM

I argued endlessly with my friends freshman and sophomore

Feb 10, 2014, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Is Harcombe still better then Schilletter?*** ]

years about how it was the same food (literally the same food truck would bring the stuff) and there was no difference.

Then Jr year I started eating on that side of campus and it was soooo much better--more lovingly prepared IMO!

Man, I miss Clemson!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The newly renovated Schilletter is pretty impressive***

Feb 10, 2014, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Is Harcombe still better then Schilletter?*** ]

Yes

Feb 10, 2014, 12:48 PM

It is when you live In johnstone and it's this close

I used to be in the shoe boxes and yes location matters

Feb 10, 2014, 12:52 PM

Though I got rid of my meal plan my sophomore year and took the money and went to Walmart.

did you ask him about this Sam guy

Feb 10, 2014, 1:03 PM

Having the grey?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

^^^ random guy***

Feb 10, 2014, 1:07 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Re: Saw Deshaun Watson today in harcombe.

Feb 10, 2014, 2:43 PM

Do they not still have the dining hall for the athletes under Schilletter? Talk about the best food on campus....

I think they all use the training table now right?***

Feb 10, 2014, 2:53 PM

Re: Saw Deshaun Watson today in harcombe.

Feb 10, 2014, 2:54 PM

Good observation. Hope the coaches give him a close look this spring/fall - has a chance to be special.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic