Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sounds like Wilkens expects Barker and Clemson admin.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 953

Sounds like Wilkens expects Barker and Clemson admin.

Nov 21, 2012, 11:17 AM

to just go with the flow in the ACC. No mention of doing our part to look out for our interest. He also seems to be under the impression that Notre Dame is in the ACC. They are, for BASKETBALL, BASEBALL, and everything but FOOTBALL. He also says Barker is a strong advocate for the ACC. What about being a strong advocate for Clemson? Hey, that's a novel idea. How do yo replace a BOT member and and chair?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we have notre dame for basketball all is well.***

Nov 21, 2012, 11:21 AM

Wilkins is a politician....

Nov 21, 2012, 11:21 AM

and he isn't going to say anything at this point that may even remotely disclose Clemson's true intentions to the ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

What he says is meaningless.

Nov 21, 2012, 11:25 AM

He'll say what he is supposed to say. Not sure why so many people put so much weight into canned responses to canned questions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had similar thoughts reading it. Wilkins pretty much

Nov 21, 2012, 11:26 AM

put it in Barker's lap. I could be reading too much into it, but it seemed Wilkins was insinuating Barker helped lead the charge for Notre Dame and staying in the ACC and if it doesn't work out, it's Barker that will take the blame.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2013_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, Barker's more about being a good boy for the ACC brass

Nov 21, 2012, 11:30 AM

instead of doing what is best for Clemson.

Re: Yep, Barker's more about being a good boy for the ACC brass

Nov 21, 2012, 11:32 AM

yep.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In grad school my advisor hammered one thing in my head

Nov 21, 2012, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Yep, Barker's more about being a good boy for the ACC brass ]

I'm an environmental toxicologist in environmental consulting. What I tell clients matters, a lot. When we were doing experiments and writing my advisor periodically asked his students "would you stake your professional career on that?" I can almost see Wilkins saying that to Barker. It's his baby, make it work or it's your @ss on the line.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2013_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you think Barker really cares if his butt is on the line?

Nov 21, 2012, 11:50 AM

Isn't he pretty close to retirement anyway?

Probably not for that reason. He doesn't lose much if this

Nov 21, 2012, 11:59 AM

all crashes out from under him and looks great if the ACC is saved.

Re: I had similar thoughts reading it. Wilkins pretty much

Nov 21, 2012, 11:40 AM [ in reply to I had similar thoughts reading it. Wilkins pretty much ]

yes its this ^^^ or and i hope its our way of trying to kep FSU calm and not do anything drastic while WE in fact go out an explore our options. (fingers crossed)

Re: I had similar thoughts reading it. Wilkins pretty much

Nov 21, 2012, 11:52 AM

We need to be tied at the hip with FSU. That's the only way we make it out of this mess if the ACC crumbles.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cereal?***

Nov 21, 2012, 11:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 953
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic