Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A lot of you seem rather upset that a handful of players
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

A lot of you seem rather upset that a handful of players

Jan 15, 2019, 4:08 PM

chose to skip the visit to the White House, and I can understand how you feel. Believe me, the coaches ARE aware of this and are addressing this with recruiting.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many players are in a handful? And are these BigDex hands?***

Jan 15, 2019, 4:09 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many players are in a handful? And are these BigDex hands?***

Jan 15, 2019, 4:11 PM

Again I’m guessing none of us here did much of anything outside of yell real loud to achieve the ability to be invited.

The ones that went did and the ones that didn’t didn’t. Like I said earlier... how many teams in college football would have preferred eating burgers on Monday night in the White House. I bet Bama would take cold burgers over Filets and national embarrassment on the field.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you didn’t slip hundreds to recruits at high school football games?***

Jan 15, 2019, 4:13 PM

Re: So you didn’t slip hundreds to recruits at high school football games?***

Jan 15, 2019, 4:14 PM

Lol no my Newspring tithe fun ran dry...

Re: A lot of you seem rather upset that a handful of players

Jan 15, 2019, 4:14 PM

This is 'Merica, right? If you don't wanna go, you don't have to. I don't know who didn't go, but I know there were lots of graduates on that team. To me, that means they're done with school activities and are free to do what they want as long as it's legal.

Jan 15, 2019, 4:20 PM

I agree, most of them had been already anyway in 2017. Their obligation to Clemson is done, can they move on with their life?

Yeah..and a group pic from 2017 WH visit showed a lot of 2019 missing players..

Jan 15, 2019, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: A lot of you seem rather upset that a handful of players ]

but again, the NFL taking a knee thingie had not occured in 2017, so it’s possible that not showing up in 2019 was due to protest but then again it may have been to being graduates & making plans for the NFL and been there/ done that.

And, maybe they heard about the fatty cold burgers & fries! ??

What’s important is they have a right as an American to choose!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: A lot of you seem rather upset that a handful of players ]

This isn't 'Merica.

This is 'Murica!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 4:19 PM

It may seem nieve - what nobody has mentioned is these are still students, they still have classes to go to. They missed 3 days last week due to the game. It could be some stayed so they don't get any further behind and for some going to the White House is not that big a deal.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 4:34 PM

I don’t see what the big deal is here. They didn’t want to go. If I had been invited to the White House 4,6 or 8 years ago, I wouldn’t have wanted to go myself. I’m sure everyone would have understood my decision.

Jan 15, 2019, 5:11 PM

That is where you are wrong. They would have put you on CNN and labelled you a bigot and destroyed your reputation and today you would be homeless. I don't care if people make political statements, I just hate double standards.

Jan 15, 2019, 6:09 PM

Don't forget they would be doxed,
confronted in public, threatened with bodily harm and told to kill themselves. All hallmark moves of the left when presented with someone who dares disagree with them.

Jan 15, 2019, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Re: A lot of you seem rather upset that a handful of players ]

Good grief...you're doing the same. SMH ??

He's just too F-ing stupid to realize it...Trump Tranced...***

Jan 15, 2019, 9:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 5:03 PM

Just a personal observation, every member of the team needs to attend if for only one reason; the respect of the "OFFICE", not the "MAN' in the office. You may not like the man or have voted for him, or like his "POLITICS", or be a member of that party's affiliation.
But respect the "OFFICE".and go.
Granted, you don't have to go, and "NOBODY", including the "HEAD COACH" should force you to go, or "PUNISH" you for not going.
"FOOTBALL" is not "POLITICS", and should not go"HAND-IN-HAND". Rather going to the WHITE HOUSE
should be nothing more than a reward for a job "WELL-DONE", which is not how I like my steaks, but heck steaks were not being served,were they?

Sounds like North Korea

Jan 15, 2019, 5:05 PM

They have to show respect to the office of their supreme leader.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds like North Korea

Jan 15, 2019, 5:28 PM

No, in North Korea, they have to sing songs of praise to Dear Leader. Since the State says there is no God, the people basically get to treat their tyrant as god. I haven't heard anybody try to compel any Muricans to do that.

Why do some of you act like our asking you to be respectful is equal to asking you to commit a crime against your conscience? Do you expect us to believe that your conscience truly is your guide at any other time in your life? Or do you only bother listening to it when it says, "Pffft. Don't show respect. Your disrespectful friends will give you grief for this."

Most Americans have no clue what a crime against conscience really is, because we've never been required to exercise one.

WUT kind of self-deluded crap was that suppose to relate?***

Jan 15, 2019, 9:47 PM

Jan 15, 2019, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Re: A lot of you seem rather upset that a handful of players ]

When is trump going to show some respect for the office he holds and citizens of America who happen to not agree with him?

Jan 15, 2019, 9:17 PM

Did he put his feet up on the Resolute desk again? What a disgrace.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 15, 2019, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Re: A lot of you seem rather upset that a handful of players ]

He absolutely does to the 50% that put him in office, I don't blame him for ignoring the rest because of the way they have treated him, his wife, and family! Elections have consequences as your hero obummer said!

Jan 16, 2019, 7:18 AM

50% lol....ummm no

yes, addressing it through recruiting by trying to

Jan 15, 2019, 5:05 PM

find more young men with that amount of good sense.

I confess to being ol' school

Jan 15, 2019, 7:42 PM

. . . so I wish that more of the team had attended, but CDS said two years ago that it was up to the individual player. There would be no punishment for attending or not attending. If anyone has a problem with that, perhaps they should take it up with Dabo rather than second-guessing any player.

I am just happy that they beat 'Bama! Go Tigers!

Jan 15, 2019, 9:58 PM

Not sure what you mean about recruiting? If you mean they are only going to recruit players that would be glad to meet Trump we won’t have many competitive teams in the future.

I think that just might have been the joke***

Jan 15, 2019, 10:00 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

imagine that you just discovered the joke.

Jan 15, 2019, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Re: A lot of you seem rather upset that a handful of players ]

and I am patting you on the back

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was a joke but I'd take a team full of TL's

Jan 15, 2019, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: A lot of you seem rather upset that a handful of players ]

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic