Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Since the balloon post was such a hit...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1,750

Since the balloon post was such a hit...

Nov 6, 2018, 8:50 AM

...let’s address the real elephant in the room, the WOOHOO.
Class of 96. It didn’t exist.
What is it’s origin? Why? Do you choose to WH or obstain? Should be able to keep this friendly, bc love it or hate it, I don’t think the WH can kill animals.
I choose NOT to WH.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I HATE the WOOHOO.***

Nov 6, 2018, 8:51 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Since the balloon post was such a hit...

Nov 6, 2018, 8:54 AM

FSU fans did it to make fun of Clemson, then dumb Clemson fans started doing it because they thought they were supposed to.... Now the flamboyant millennials do it because, like, totally awesommmmmme!????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds SiSSY...

Nov 6, 2018, 9:00 AM

when a MAN does it!

Oh no, this will result in a lawsuit!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds SiSSY...

Nov 6, 2018, 9:05 AM

My feelings are hurt!!!!

Nov 6, 2018, 12:55 PM

+ 1 Don't worry

Nov 6, 2018, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Sounds SiSSY... ]

I need the tnet safe space, where is it? Oh, wait ... it's tnet

I think it was actually the Tiger Band that started it.***

Nov 6, 2018, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Since the balloon post was such a hit... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I think it was actually the Tiger Band that started it.***

Nov 6, 2018, 10:48 AM

Twirlers and guard I think, Horn players were too busy playing to do a stupid woohoo

Re: Since the balloon post was such a hit...***

Nov 6, 2018, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Since the balloon post was such a hit... ]

Wow a TD for that!!!???

Nov 6, 2018, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Since the balloon post was such a hit... ]

The one that needs to go first is the MFing...That one is out of place in a bar, let alone TV and where children are present...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Non-WooHooer here. My sons don't WooHoo either. I thought

Nov 6, 2018, 9:48 AM

it would eventually go away (because people would realize how stupid it sounds) - but then I heard it was being taught at freshman orientation as a Clemson Tradition.

The WooHoo used to really tick me off when The Tigers were only an above average team. I guess a Natty cures all woes - because The WooHoo only annoys me now.

Years ago - 2 UNC fans in front of me at a game looked at each other wide-eyed and burst out laughing when they heard the WooHoo. They then proceeded to talk about how ghey is sounded (not that there's anything wrong with that). I'm positive that UNC folks know ghey when they hear it!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Non-WooHooer here. My sons don't WooHoo either. I thought

Nov 6, 2018, 10:05 AM

I don't care for it either. But I'm not sure it is any worse than the migration of Cadence Count, which probably happened 20 years ago or more. It is now almost uniformly "Fight Tigers, Fight Tigers Fight Fight Fight." Which is a bit dumbly five times repetitive, does not fit the rhythm pattern and much less emphatic than the "Fight Tigers, Fight ######, Fight Fight!" from when I went and dinosaurs roamed campus. Maybe the decision was made to go gentle on the kiddies ears.

That said, having lived through some Hootie years when we had to sweat beating the Citadel and winning 4 games a year, and seeing where we are now, i can put up with it.

Nov 6, 2018, 10:13 AM

I hate it. I'm surprised Clemson promotes it - I didn't know that until I read it in the comments. Maybe we should appeal to CU to PLEASE stop that silliness! Dang!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2018, 10:24 AM

I have never WooHoo'd . . . and never will!!!

However, my converted "ginger" daughter-in-law does it gleefully!!!

And her best friend, who we converted from an avid NCSU fan last year, also WooHoo's with the best of them!!!

To each, their own . . . I just love everyone being joyfully vocal in their support of my Tigers!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Real men don't WOOHOO.***

Nov 6, 2018, 10:35 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Real men don't WOOHOO.***

Nov 6, 2018, 12:08 PM

And it's C--L--E--M...
Fight Tigers, Fight Dxmx It, ------, Fight, Fight!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah but we like women.***

Nov 6, 2018, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Real men don't WOOHOO.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I prefer to yell, "YOU SUCK!" after GT and NCSU bands

Nov 6, 2018, 1:01 PM

play that little "Duh Duh da Duh" ditty.

P.S. Ban the WooHoo!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Nov 6, 2018, 1:09 PM

I tell my wife all the time that I can't stand it when the band plays the tune before they lead into the tiger rag. The cavalry charge song. It drives me nuts because it has nothing to do with Clemson.

As a real man & old school alum ...

Nov 6, 2018, 1:45 PM

I don’t woohoo, I don’t pay attention to woohoos, I don’t do dippin’ dots, and I don’t cheer nearly as loud as used to — but you know what, the team keeps winning and that’s what I love to see! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As a real man & old school alum ...

Nov 6, 2018, 6:19 PM

What is considered “old school” alum? I mean my kids tell my I’m old...
My voice is just now coming back after Louisville. Yeah, I scream the whole game at home or on the couch. That’s just me.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1,750
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic