Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Can the Miami Hurricanes Keep This Up?"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

"Can the Miami Hurricanes Keep This Up?"

Sep 24, 2020, 11:57 AM

Interesting look at Miami and how and why they may be better this year than people think. The new OC is a Gus Malzahn and Sonny Dykes disciple. Up tempo power spread with a dynamic new QB who can pass, but also keep plays alive and make plays with his feet. Sound familiar?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/can-the-miami-hurricanes-keep-this-up/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Can the Miami Hurricanes Keep This Up?"

Sep 24, 2020, 12:04 PM

I agree Chuck. Both the Canes and the Panthers have improved considerably and BC may be a little better too! Sure helps the league.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2020, 12:06 PM

The Canes will find out in 16 days.

Miami is always back until they aren't

Sep 24, 2020, 12:17 PM

I feel like we get these kinds of articles every 3-4 years with The U and then watch them lose 4 games.

They're the Tennessee of the ACC--I'll believe it when I see it!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Miami is always back until they aren't

Sep 24, 2020, 12:49 PM

Agree. It seems like every year, "The U is coming back," and they don't. I hope I'm wrong; we need a bit of competition in the championship. Well, maybe not as much as UNC gave us.

They are doing well..but Lousiville's defense..

Sep 24, 2020, 12:20 PM

is awful (and Miami deserves some credit) but Miami scored 3 TDs (2 passing) where the guys just ran free from obvious breakdowns. Also, the Cards scored 34 points and still made several mistakes offensively, a couple of which cost them points. Plus, the game against UAB wasn't exactly mind blowing.

We will in a couple of weeks and while they are much improved, its still not an elite team. Its worth noting they beat Louisville worse last year and the Cards did run all over them.

Re: They are doing well..but Lousiville's defense..

Sep 24, 2020, 2:34 PM

This is the most correct response to what I believe about The U. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they aren't improved, but Louisville D is horrible. 2 absolute BUSTED plays on D accounts for 14 of their points. Plus Louisville offense had 3 turnovers, and they still held in there to lose by 2 possessions.

Well...

Sep 24, 2020, 12:22 PM

no disrespect to King, who I think is a tremendous player, but Miami's early success is largely the result of opposing teams having very little film to study the new offense they're running. A&M had the same benefit a couple of years ago when Clemson opened in College Station. As the season progressed and more film became available to study, their success naturally waned. I suspect the same thing will happen with Miami.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

They've been recruiting well the last 5 years - avg of #17

Sep 24, 2020, 12:43 PM

in the 247 recruiting rankings. QBs can elevate or diminish a talented football team dramatically, as we know from experience. While teams may have more film on them, the QB and team should improve with experience as the season progresses. One of the benefits of a mobile QB who can throw is how things open up as defenses adapt to that reality.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing is for sure...

Sep 24, 2020, 2:30 PM

King is the epitome of a RPO style QB and will give defenses fits since he can extend plays with his feet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 24, 2020, 12:52 PM

We always hear how they have improved. Then they play someone good and we find they haven't.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I almost married a super model once.

Sep 24, 2020, 12:59 PM

Only she lived in Spain and never heard of me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Did the two of you have any children ?

Sep 24, 2020, 1:52 PM

Sorta. I ended up having to support a couple until they were

Sep 24, 2020, 4:42 PM

18, but I don't think they were mine, as she and I never met.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic