Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How damaged are we that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 655

How damaged are we that

Nov 22, 2020, 7:58 AM

a Republican congratulating Biden on his victory - three weeks after the election - is NEWS ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not damaged at all!

Nov 22, 2020, 8:02 AM

This idea that America is damaged by Trumps antics in in your liberal heads!

Re: Not damaged at all!

Nov 22, 2020, 10:01 AM

I think the country is damaged when a large swath of the population thinks the other side is aligned with the antichrist and is actively trying to destroy america. I mean people actually believe this nonsense. And he did not create this, but he sure stirred the pot and fed into it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair Trump has been the Antichrist for 4 years to many

Nov 22, 2020, 6:59 PM

I’m hoping in 2024 we have candidates that we are excited about following.

Re: To be fair Trump has been the Antichrist for 4 years to many

Nov 23, 2020, 10:57 AM

Dem candidate will be Kamala Harris.

How could the democrats possibly NOT put her forward as a candidate? Are you kidding me - the rants of racism, anti-women, etc. would ring so loud that no democrat could even imagine pushing her aside.

Re: How damaged are we that

Nov 22, 2020, 10:39 AM

We live in a time where Christian Conservatives find salvation in a draft dodger who bangs pron stars while his 3rd wife is tending to the birth of his 5th child. Digest that.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2020, 1:20 PM

I found salvation but certainly not in any man on this planet.

It's news because the defacto leader of the party is

Nov 22, 2020, 10:49 AM

Refusing to concede. But yeah. It shouldn't be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

VEry damages. I worry for the future of this country. It is

Nov 22, 2020, 11:16 AM

just too polarized to go on this way. I think the extreme lack of any discourse first came as a result of 24/7 cable news cycle. And then when it splled into social media, that was it. It was all over at that point. I know friends and families that have parted ways.

The sad thing is to politicians on both sides, the Laura Ingrahams, Sean Hannity's, Tucker Carlson's, Don Lemon's, Anderson Cooper's, Rachel Madow's, and the guy that follows her, it is simply a living. It is their gig. And this definitley includes politicians. Take Lindsey Graham and Kamala Harris. Not even speaking in public to concede or work with each other after the election, making soundbites to rile up their sides and trench in. But what do they do when they run into each other in the senate chamber (country club)? They fist bump each other and give one a shoulder rub. ####, didn't want the people out there to see that. We need the people to be at each others' throats.

So that's what its come to and I see no way to rectify it. It is to the point now that the entire democracy systmen and the electioin can't even be respected. And an election that was not close at that.It is very sad what it has become. But make no mistake, it is now the norm. It is not some phase or blip on the screen. It is the new America and the new normal. But its not really new. It is at least about 16 years and running.

But all of those talking heads from tv and website operators and politicians will be fine. It is exactly what they want. After all, their livlihood and fund raising depends on it. The people that pay are the average americans that can't see anyting get done. Cant even hope for cooperation in fighting a deadly virus that is ravaging the land. Make no mistake about it, it is over and done. It will take a huge ground shift and a generation or two to change the climate and there is no sign that will happen.

I find it to be sad becuase I have always had such love, gratitude and respect for this country. Now, certain things just don't hold the same esteem that I thought they did. Maybe that just comes from getting older and being able to see through the veil. Congress, the office of the president, senators, all of that has lost luster with me. It is just government, no different than the DMV, only nicer offices. I tried to contact Graham's office constituent line the other day. THey usually have a line you can call and go to the voice mail and leave a message. I have no expectatioins of reaching a real person. All I wanted to do was leave a message on the constituent line. SO I call and the machine, not operator, tells me which number to press to get this line. I press it and it rings a few times, then another robot answers and says the mailbox is full. This message tayed the same for a week, at which point, I gave up. I mean nobody expects to have a person sit there and take a message and listen. Not enough manpower for that, but you do expect them to empty the mailbox so it doesn't say that for the rest of time.

And all senator and representative offices would likely be the same. SO you have people bombarding the airways saying how much they care, but they don't care enough to even press empty on the constituent voicemail box so other constituents can leave messages that they will never listen to. So nobody is even pretending to care any longer. That's what we have now and it is sad.

Sorry, posting into phone and too many typos. Also shoing

Nov 22, 2020, 11:19 AM

possessive when not wanting it to.

Nov 22, 2020, 11:56 AM

Guess it's news worthy because it's the first cross party presidential congratulations offered in almost 8 years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obama and Holder reached across the isle

Nov 22, 2020, 12:18 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_9YD4M4Juk

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Obama and Holder reached across the isle

Nov 22, 2020, 5:02 PM

Neal,

I would just point out that this was in Oct. 2018 as Holder was trying to drum up Dem enthusiasm for the upcoming midterm elections. He is talking about competing as aggressively as Reps.

Nov 22, 2020, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: How damaged are we that ]

Memphis,

Please allow me to refresh your memory of 2016.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/13/politics/kfile-democrats-2016/index.html

Nov 22, 2020, 7:03 PM

Damaged to the point that I think every person and business should wear/display a sticker (blue or red) to show who they support. Then, I can choose whom I support.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 655
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic