Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sorry if Germans. Do y’all think this will actually happen?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Sorry if Germans. Do y’all think this will actually happen?

Sep 28, 2020, 10:59 AM

Could our rivalry game with the coots be in permanent jeopardy?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al.com/alabamafootball/2020/09/greg-sankey-sec-plans-to-return-to-eight-game-schedule-in-2021.html%3foutputType=amp

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No I don't think that will actually happen.

Sep 28, 2020, 11:01 AM

But I'd be fine if we never played those losers again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I would agree

Sep 28, 2020, 5:17 PM

but first I'd like to hang a 100 on them and get ten in a row before we stop...forever.

Re: Sorry if Germans. Do y’all think this will actually happen?

Sep 28, 2020, 11:01 AM

Maybe and no.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's the only way they will quit losing to us!***

Sep 28, 2020, 11:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Sep 28, 2020, 11:05 AM

That would still leave two slots. I think “the ruling forces” on both sides want the rivalry to resume and continue.

Sep 28, 2020, 11:12 AM

Very unlikely to happen but I wouldn’t be disappointed if we scheduled a real team to play outside of the conference
The Woffords and Ball States just don’t blow my skirt up! I would love for our Tigers to play Army and/or Navy home and away each year.

Sep 28, 2020, 5:21 PM

I have always wanted Clemson to schedule one of the service academies for its Military Appreciation games.

I wish we would go to ten, would play every conference team

Sep 28, 2020, 11:23 AM

every two years. A four year player would visit every ACC venue at least once. We could still play the coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

Sep 28, 2020, 11:38 AM

Anything is possible.
What really needs to happen is for the coots to come back to their roots and rejoin the ACC.
Maybe the SEC would agree to a swap with the Noles going into the SEC and the coots into the ACC.
Would work for everyone with the Noles getting Florida as a natural rival ,and the coots thinking they might finally get a shot at the division.

Sep 28, 2020, 12:05 PM

I hope we never play them again. They have one of the worst fan bases and I really don't want our players, coaches, and fans subjected to their horrendous lack of sportsmanship and civility. Bottle and battery throwing, constant cursing and fingering anyone associated with Clemson and then you have thugs like Shi Smith on the field. I say good riddance to them and let them live in their own little fairytale world that does not exist. BAM !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2020, 2:50 PM

Both are State supported schools and granted there are probably more USC grads in the State house because of their Law School, but the legislature will not let this game stop, ever!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Likelihood that what would happen?

Sep 28, 2020, 3:35 PM

Article says he hopes to return to a 12-game, 8 conference game schedule.

It said he would favor playing more conference games and more competitive out of conference games, but I see nowhere where he suggests that they will ditch their longstanding in-state, cross-conference rivalry games. Did I misread the article?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Likelihood that what would happen?

Sep 28, 2020, 5:15 PM

WON'T HAPPEN!

SEC loves the $$$$$$$$$ that bowl games bring in. That many SEC games would knock some out.

SEC teams must play one Power 5 team in addition to the 8 game schedule. Some of us want that to go to 2, but again $$$$$$$$$.

Others that wouldn't give up their traditional games are UGA-GT and UF-FSU.

There have been fights re the permanent opponent from the other side: LSU gets UF every year while bama gets UTn and Tamu gets SC.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic