Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sorry guys, but Clowney's comments just don't bother me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,322

Sorry guys, but Clowney's comments just don't bother me

Jul 17, 2013, 12:43 AM

It's football. It's a physical sport and with it comes ego. If we want to shut him up we have to beat him on the field. Pretty simple. Until then it's nothing but talk.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry guys, but Clowney's comments just don't bother me

Jul 17, 2013, 1:44 AM

Hit him in the mouth, make it so that he's a nonfactor, even if it means putting 3 guys on him. Tajh won't be that scared anymore when Doo Doo can't even get into the backfield.

Agreed. He's 2-0 against us.

Jul 17, 2013, 2:19 AM

Boyd gets his chance to end his amazing career with a win against them in Nov.

I disagree with his bs comments

Jul 17, 2013, 3:28 AM

I've never once known ANY starting QB to be afraid of Clowney. Period! To say such is beyond ridiculous.

He named several people who he thought were afraid of him. Yet I don't remember any of them getting knocked out of a game. Furthermore I don't recall any of them signaling to the sidelines for a backup to come into the game. Not Murray, not Wilson, and certainly not Boyd. Sure Boyd got rocked like Whitehurst did vs Texas Tech. But I didn't see him waving a white flag. Did you? Did I miss that part? Did he seem afraid of the NFL front LSwho put up against him?

Last I checked Wilson was drafted into the big boy league. If he was supposedly scared then why would he sign an NFL contract? I mean if cootClown is such a force and headed to the league while folks are scared of him then why would he sign a contract? Gosh, I suppose Tyler Wilson must not be afraid of contact then, aye No7?

And clearly Tajh is so afraid that Cole Stoudt will start in the upcoming game in cootville. Gee, I remember how afraid he was last year when he sat out, right? Oh wait, HE DIDN'T. And Aaron Murray sat out last seasons game to because he was afraid... right? Oh wait, he didn't! Dang, no wonder his last name is Clowney and his comments reflect his arrogance.

Has anyone who has had their name discussed for a Heisman in July ever won it lately? Geno Smith was hot last year in September and he won it. Oh wait... I mean Johnny football was the favorite this time last year. Oh wait...

Enjoy being an Oakland Raider cootKlown...
Ask Jamarcus Russell how that went. Because your getting the attention he got. The fan base in Oakland is so forgiving if you don't live up to your potential. And so did Todd Marinovich.

Waiter, check please. Point please.

Agreed....I've heard the "mouthing" from various sources

Jul 17, 2013, 6:21 AM

over the years, including from some of our own, and choose to ignore it...unless it's from our players. Then, I think it's time for our coaches to put the lids on such.

One of the worst incidences I recall was a ridiculous, little song and dance routine by Coach Hatfield and team members televised just prior to a past match-up against Georgia. Then, Clemson proceeded to march into Athens...and have their behinds handed to them by the Dawgs.

Perhaps, a little humility backed by fierce determination and self-confidence speaks volumes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, I must have missed it...

Jul 17, 2013, 6:50 AM

Did Clowney say something that warranted a reply?

I guess a larger question would be why the bulk of sportswriters feel CDS has to weigh in on such a pointless statement.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me either....

Jul 17, 2013, 8:05 AM

He simply contracted a bad case of diarrhea of the mouth from his head coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Marcus and Jadeveon will be successful despite playing for Spurrier.***

Jul 17, 2013, 8:10 AM

he owns us and he owns UGA he can say what he wants........

Jul 17, 2013, 8:25 AM

if clemson or UGA have a problem with it..........BEAT HIM for once.

he's a very talented future #1 NFL pick that's very arrogant that wins them games on his own.........if you beat him he won't say a word..........it is what it is

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,322
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic