Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Peake out for the season with torn ACL, testing Clemson's depth at wide receiver
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Peake out for the season with torn ACL, testing Clemson's depth at wide receiver

Sep 11, 2013, 7:34 PM

Peake out for the season with torn ACL, testing Clemson's depth at wide receiver

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney announced Wednesday evening that junior wide receiver Charone Peake tore his ACL during practice Tuesday. Who will step into his spot? What is the latest on Roderick McDowell and Mackensie Alexander? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate that....time cut some nuts Bryant! No choice now.***

Sep 11, 2013, 7:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate that....time cut some nuts Bryant! No choice now.***

Sep 11, 2013, 8:40 PM

Seriously. If Martavis has a breakout year, that could be a thousand yard+ swing in Tajh's numbers at the end of the season, because if Martavis is a threat, that'll open up Humps and G-Hop, not to mention secondaries having to pick their poison between a freak athlete WR in Martavis and one of the best straight-up WRs in the nation in Sammy.

So to Martavis: it's time to nut up or shut up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2013, 8:49 PM

Amen. It's crunch time for the guys, especially Bryant.
Peake is a big loss. We just have to suck it up. I think Legett can develop into a big-time player for us, just needs to do it now.

Sep 12, 2013, 6:54 AM [ in reply to Re: I hate that....time cut some nuts Bryant! No choice now.*** ]

He showed very well last week after having a bad 1st game. I hope, and i believe he answers the bell and becomes a great receiver for us. He could be a huge weapon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd bet he's trying...trying too hard in fact. 1st play Sat

Sep 11, 2013, 9:17 PM [ in reply to I hate that....time cut some nuts Bryant! No choice now.*** ]

was the one I'd hoped for. He'll shake off the nerves and realize his potential not because we want it for Clemson but for him.

Re: Front Page Story: Peake out for the season with torn ACL, testing Clemson's depth at wide receiver

Sep 11, 2013, 7:41 PM

Hopper and Mike Williams will have to step in and give some added depth with Watkins, Bryant and Humphries. Hopper showed what he's capable of. I love the fact we got Cooper and Leggett back at TE as well....provides more targets for Boyd. Seckinger can also line up at WR if need be.

Peake

Sep 11, 2013, 7:57 PM

D@#n that's bad news! Somebody else has to stepup big time.

Big bummer. He'll be back. Best wishes for a speedyrecovery.***

Sep 11, 2013, 8:00 PM

Re: Front Page Story: Peake out for the season with torn ACL, testing Clemson's depth at wide receiver

Sep 11, 2013, 8:52 PM

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Peake

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S O B ..............

Sep 11, 2013, 9:03 PM

#### he was starting to click....

Terrible news for Charone, and terrible news for Clemson.

Sep 11, 2013, 9:10 PM

It is incredible as much as we throw the ball, and as many chances that wide receivers have, that we are this low on scholarships. Dabo stated during the season last year that our numbers were low at WR. Then, we only were able to bring in 2 this year. We need to bring in 4 qualifiers in this recruiting class.

CALLING DISH NETWORK: Clemson needs the Hopper!

Sep 11, 2013, 10:00 PM

Hopper, Humphries & Williams can handle this situation...a bad break & disappointment for Charone, but if Tajh starts to check down on his receivers better instead of running, we've got the weapons available all over the field.

Sep 11, 2013, 10:24 PM

We actually have 8 scholarship receivers Watkins, Bryant, Humphries, hopper, green, Williams, porter, and Peake. Still thin and Peake was huge, but we didn't have just 6

Don't think Porter is on scholy is he? And maybe Dabo meant

Sep 12, 2013, 8:57 AM

not counting Peake since he is out for the year,

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry for Charone, he was just starting to break out at WR

Sep 12, 2013, 1:31 AM

I wish him a speedy and full recovery.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

That's real bad news

Sep 12, 2013, 8:02 AM

Let's hope he can recover quickly and fully and get him back out there next season. Really tough to see him have this set back because he was poised to have a big season

Re: That's real bad news

Sep 12, 2013, 10:00 PM

Big loss for us. Hope other guys can step up, especially the tight ends. And we have sone backs who can catch the ball out of the backfield. If we can run the ball, I think we'll be okay.

Well, Chad said practice was going to be very physical

Sep 12, 2013, 8:08 AM

this week. Looks like he delivered. I hope there aren't any more reports like this in the next couple of days.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

He said this happened in slelton drills though***

Sep 12, 2013, 8:58 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huge loss for sure...BUT

Sep 12, 2013, 12:10 PM

I would still put our wideouts up against any receiving corps in the country. Although there isnt a lot of depth, the ones we do have are 2nd to none. Even without CP. This is still going to be a great year. GO TIGERS!!!

Thank God

Sep 12, 2013, 1:58 PM

For guys like Seckinger that have stepped up, what I have seen of Hopper is that he is going to be a dandy. Awesome attitude and a Clemson spirit...that and as elusive as the honey badger. Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic