Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sorry but 14 points is too much to say "just win"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Sorry but 14 points is too much to say "just win"

Nov 13, 2016, 10:08 AM

Yes we should have still beaten them but can you imagine the uproar if the roles had been reversed and Pitt had lost to us by 1 point because of phantom calls?
We're not talking close calls or judgement calls. We're talking about pure fabricated calls. How does a referee do that with intending to do it?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry but 14 points is too much to say "just win"

Nov 13, 2016, 10:17 AM

I don't like to blame it on the refs but those were obvious phantom calls. Those calls decided the game and extended at least 2 drives for Pitt. When you don't get the calls at home something is wrong with the officiating. Especially phantom calls.

Nov 13, 2016, 10:31 AM

No, no, no! Refs don't win games! Sorry! I'm hurting like hell today. But, we couldn't stop them defensively. Period! They did what they wanted! We deserved to lose period! We couldn't run the ball. Gallman with 36 yards. We got what we deserved. 580 passing yards with 3 int. The 3 int lost the game. The inability to get the defense off the field lost the game. The empty redOne trips lost the game. Not two phantom calls. We're starting to sound like Louisville! We all know we deserved to lose against Troy, NC State, FSU, and prob Louisville. We've been playing a dangerous game! When you play down to your opponent, you're bound to drop one or two. Thankfully, it has only been one. Just imagine the fumble against Troy is a TD for Troy instead of one for us. We lose that game. The two phantom calls helped a little. Ultimately, we lost that game. Pitt wanted it more. Period. It sucks outloud and hurts like crazy! Take the loss and move on. Heck, 2-4 lost. We aren't out of this. Maybe this was the wake up call this young team needed. I've noticed a hangover normally seen on Nat Champ teams after winning it all. It's like they expected everyone to roll over because we are Clemson and are loaded with talent. Maybe now, the hunger will be back. TD me all you want. But, deep down you can see truth in what I'm saying! Cut me, I bleed orange! But a spade is a spade. Let's go win the rest & really shock the world! Go Tigers!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2016, 10:41 AM

Refs took this game from us period! Sure a lot of factors contributed but with no phantom calls we win! Those refs got payed for that ####!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2016, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Sorry but 14 points is too much to say "just win" ]

One your truthiness level is high but runs together with some issues that miss the mark.

Players play, coaches coach, fans cheer and talk their team up, media reports, and referees call the game. Everyone stays in their lane.

When specifically addressing the refs yesterday there are multiple problems. It's now being reported this staff requested this crew not be allowed to officiate the game earlier this week. When focusing in on officiating this should've been a red flag from the jump. Now coach speak is going to say "we need to play better". Well of course, what do you expect from a good coach?

The problem is any way you slice it this should've never been allowed to happen. How often do you see Dabo screaming on the field? The fans booing one call for a big portion of the quarter, not just a couple plays, but even after change of possession! I've never seen it that bad.

When you focus in on the individual issue of officiating in this game it stinks to high heaven. The last 4 TD drives for Pitt clemson got 3rd down stops, but flags were thrown to extend drives. The last two Pitt TD drives were extended by pure phantom calls!

Sorry won't bite my tongue when it's that blatant. We should let it slide due to some folks believing it's classy to pretend it didn't happen because why? We should be expected to beat Pitt and the refs we requested not to do our game because of history and the head ref is an alum of our rival.

I'd take Ron Cherry on his worst day over what happened on senior day in DV.

Nov 13, 2016, 10:58 AM

You are spot on with this---

"When you focus in on the individual issue of officiating in this game it stinks to high heaven. The last 4 TD drives for Pitt clemson got 3rd down stops, but flags were thrown to extend drives. The last two Pitt TD drives were extended by pure phantom calls!"

---- let that sink in on the last 4 td drives the defense made a 3rd down stop to get off the field and the refs called non existant penalties. That is a huge emotional drain on a defense.

You would be hard pressed to find 5 such crucial 3rd down penalties to extend drives late in a game like that over the course of the last 5 years.

So this is in no way one or two bad calls. This was a pattern on 3rd down late in a close game.

Nov 13, 2016, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Sorry but 14 points is too much to say "just win" ]

> No, no, no! Refs don't win games! Sorry! I'm hurting
> like hell today. But, we couldn't stop them
> defensively. Period! They did what they wanted! We
> deserved to lose period! We couldn't run the ball.
> Gallman with 36 yards. We got what we deserved. 580
> passing yards with 3 int. The 3 int lost the game.
> The inability to get the defense off the field lost
> the game. The empty redOne trips lost the game. Not
> two phantom calls. We're starting to sound like
> Louisville! We all know we deserved to lose against
> Troy, NC State, FSU, and prob Louisville. We've been
> playing a dangerous game! When you play down to your
> opponent, you're bound to drop one or two.
> Thankfully, it has only been one. Just imagine the
> fumble against Troy is a TD for Troy instead of one
> for us. We lose that game. The two phantom calls
> helped a little. Ultimately, we lost that game. Pitt
> wanted it more. Period. It sucks outloud and hurts
> like crazy! Take the loss and move on. Heck, 2-4
> lost. We aren't out of this. Maybe this was the wake
> up call this young team needed. I've noticed a
> hangover normally seen on Nat Champ teams after
> winning it all. It's like they expected everyone to
> roll over because we are Clemson and are loaded with
> talent. Maybe now, the hunger will be back. TD me all
> you want. But, deep down you can see truth in what
> I'm saying! Cut me, I bleed orange! But a spade is a
> spade. Let's go win the rest & really shock the
> world! Go Tigers!

100% this. We should win this game walking away!! Y three tds and the calls wouldn't make any difference

Nov 13, 2016, 12:25 PM

So our players are now expected to defeat the opponent and the refs. Seems fair.

I guess that's why our coaches have such small room for error, they have to go above and beyond to account for the mistakes outside of the players or their control.

Nov 13, 2016, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Sorry but 14 points is too much to say "just win" ]

Tell that to the media and OK St.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2016, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Sorry but 14 points is too much to say "just win" ]

I agree we had our chances and did not get it done but the four TD drives fot Pitt in the second half were all aided by third down penalties, two of which were pure fiction and the other two were questionable at best. Yes we still should have overcame the bad calls and did not fit what ever reason, turnover's play calling, whatever but to say the refs were not part of it simply is not true. Live the Tigers win or lose, hope this lose puts a chip on their shoulder and a fire in their belly. All is not lost, win out and playoffs are almost certain. Go Tigers!

Nov 13, 2016, 12:32 PM

We have more of a legitimate grip than OK St, that was just one play and the media ran to their defense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic