Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Meyer on 31-0 loss to Clemson: "We haven't addressed it"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

FB Update: Meyer on 31-0 loss to Clemson: "We haven't addressed it"

Jul 25, 2017, 10:29 AM

Meyer on 31-0 loss to Clemson: "We haven't addressed it"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dayum

Jul 25, 2017, 10:51 AM

Ole Tigernet throwing some salt around this morning.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dayum

Jul 25, 2017, 11:21 AM

I kind of agree. The Buckeroos were embarrassed that night. I'm sure there have been plenty of behind the scene discussions in Columbus over the past six months (they hired a new OC). Maybe Coach Meyer simply feels like it's time to move on. Even Dabo says that last year's Natty was great but it's not going to help this year's team by constantly talking about it. We fans like to talk about the past. The coaches live much more in the present.

Re: Dayum

Jul 25, 2017, 9:28 PM

I think he said never again before boom. Boom ain't smart enough to come up with that on his own

Re: bad losses can sometimes help

Jul 25, 2017, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Dayum ]

Steer the ship in the right direction. As bad as I hate to bring it up, Our loss the WVU years back probably helped us long term. Makes a good coach realize they better wake up and smell the coffee immediately. The Ohio beat down is still an epic night for the Tigers. Wow what a night that was, I was ready to take out a second mortgage for the trip to Natty that night. Then woke up and realized I have 4 kids.....

it got rid of Kevin Syeele***

Jul 25, 2017, 2:26 PM

Re: bad losses can sometimes help

Jul 25, 2017, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: bad losses can sometimes help ]

He had the whole thing before so no

Re: FB Update: Meyer on 31-0 loss to Clemson: "We haven't addressed it"

Jul 25, 2017, 11:38 AM

Coaches and players are in the present, or their next game. Bucks have addressed the lopsided loss imo. Meyer likely still smarting this upstart swinney bested his juggernaut two for two, just like stoops. Another factoid Finebaum overlooks cause it's convenient.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2017, 11:49 AM

You could kind of tell that their OC situation was a long time coming. They'd destroy teams some weeks and let teams like penn State and Wisconsin hang around other weeks. Tom Herman left the year after they won the natty and their last OC only lost like 3 games in 2 years including the one against us. It's hard to fire a guy for losing 3 games in 2 years. The 31-0 result was the straw that broke the camels back though. Defensively, they are pretty impressive. To be on the field as much as they were that night and still surrender less points than bama did is impressive. I think them and us will have the two best Defenses in 2017.

Re:Meyer "We haven't addressed it"-OK I will then

Jul 25, 2017, 11:50 AM

31-0 Shutout Street Butthurt, USA 31200

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We haven't addressed it"

Jul 25, 2017, 12:46 PM

sounds better and makes more sense than him saying something really stupid like..."after the game everyone knew that they weren't that much better than us, if better at all."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2017, 1:04 PM

He probably doesn't want to admit the truth:
They played a weak Big10 schedule
They weren't even the best team in the Big10
Their QB is average at best
They underestimated us and we're probably looking past us assuming they would be playing Bams (because they're arrogant)
Clemson was obviously the best team

Jul 25, 2017, 1:48 PM

I would want to forget it too????????

Earmuffs!***

Jul 25, 2017, 1:55 PM

Jul 25, 2017, 1:58 PM

To be honest, I don't care if Ohio State accepts or addresses it or not. I haven't like Ohio State since I was born. I was raised to hate all things Ohio State and Woody Hayes. So, I'm glad that they will put themselves into a deeper rut. I hope that we play them again during the playoffs this season, and I hope we spank them again. Urban Meyer is a classless man, and his fan base is no better than him. GO TIGERS!

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Jul 25, 2017, 4:32 PM

That was a really good game and OSU D did challenge our offense for 3 quarters, and our D just shut their offense down. OSU would make a big play and threaten to score and our D would put some very hard hits on them causing them to puke the ball up or cause their QB to make some very bad decisions. It was some of the best all around FB we have played against a good and very talented FB team, but our guys made them look like a bad team. OSU has had more and better talent than any team we had faced last year, even better than FSU. Bama was the only school that had better recruiting classes over OSU for the past 5 years of 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017. I believe that our wins over teams that out recruited us, should prove without a doubt that Clemson has the top all around coaching staff than any team in college FB. And not one media know it all outlets has yet mentioned the out standing staff that Dabo has assembled at Clemson, and if they did mention it, it would only prove how wrong they were about Dabo's ability to be a good college FB HC.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/roster-talent-rankings-college-football-teams-with-the-best-players-entering-2017/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ Solid, 52 ^^^

Jul 25, 2017, 9:02 PM

I liked your analysis so much I think I may have accidentally hit the "TD" while aiming at the "TU". If so, please consider it a touchdown (rather than thumbs down) and accept my apology.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2017, 5:24 PM

This reminds me. I need to re-watch this game. I've been hung up on re-watching the Natty.

Re: FB Update: Meyer be like....

Jul 25, 2017, 7:27 PM
Gandalf5.jpg(61.4 K)

Sorry, Urban, Chihuahua, Mexico has already addressed it

Jul 25, 2017, 11:16 PM

with their zip code.

Jul 26, 2017, 12:03 AM

Ohio st better be glad we didn't play our best game cause it could have been 45 -0. I just watched the whole #### game again. Wow what a thrill

Jul 26, 2017, 12:11 AM

Defense lived in the backfield all night, Ferrell's MVP performance.

Jul 26, 2017, 7:23 AM

got u off that 1313.+1

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Well, he should have

Jul 26, 2017, 10:32 AM

They got knocked the €£¥> out!

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic