Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sorry Reese, you took advantage of the Clemson Tiger Walk...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Sorry Reese, you took advantage of the Clemson Tiger Walk...

Aug 11, 2017, 3:03 PM

EDIT: Recent developments have made me decide to post at the top of this message that I feel differently about this now. I don't concede as nearly as often as I'm wrong, and I certainly would have bet the farm that wasn't going to happen on a TigerNet post about Tribble Reese, but life's funny like that.

Sorry Reese, and thanks for your time at Clemson.

I'll leave the below and all that follows, because you gotta own it, even when you end up looking stupid.

highjacked it even to gain exposure (one might say)...

http://www.tigernet.com/update/Tribble-Reese-controversy-2662

Looks like you're still up to it. And I'm still not impressed. Sorry.

Also, you're no Ben Boulware, go shave you look awful.

Message was edited by: CtLiEgMeSrOsN®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tribble***

Aug 11, 2017, 3:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're trouble...***

Aug 11, 2017, 3:24 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And why was this a big deal?***

Aug 11, 2017, 4:16 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: And why was this a big deal?***

Aug 11, 2017, 4:24 PM

Ask our AD and Head Coach who commented on it back when it happened...

But if I recall correctly he took the opportunity without permission to LEAD the Tiger Walk with a group of girls from a reality show where he was a potential bachelor.

Do you think that's what Tiger Walk is for?

I would think most folks, like myself, didnt have a clue

Aug 11, 2017, 6:19 PM

about that or care.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would think most folks, like myself, didnt have a clue

Aug 11, 2017, 6:34 PM

I recalled it, and it drew enough ire from fans that our AD and coach spoke about it. So, yeah.

Aug 11, 2017, 6:54 PM

Do you know Tribble personally and/or ever met him?

Tia

Aug 11, 2017, 6:57 PM

Nope. He could be a great guy, tons of fun and a pleasure to know.

But don't take over a Clemson Tradition so you can walk with your reality show girls, without permission. I don't have any problems standing by my frustrations towards it.

Aug 11, 2017, 7:10 PM

Nothing wrong with that and you having that opinion as it is your right. But I'd be willing to bet that if you knew him or even just had a brief encounter by chance you would not be so upset. Tribble put blood, sweat and tears into the program. I do not think he would try to take anything away from the University he loves.

Aug 11, 2017, 7:14 PM

Fair, I'll buy that it was in no way intentional.

But it caused a ruckus because he did it, and on Military Appreciation Day to boot.

Official statements were made by Clemson apologizing to fans, and I never saw an official apology from Reese. :( I'd actually like to be proven wrong on that if you're aware of one.

Aug 11, 2017, 7:31 PM

I'd have to ask on that one to be honest. I do not know if there was ever an "official" apology as I did not follow what happened then. I can just tell you that he is not the type of person who would want to cause the backlash that it did. He is a character that's for sure no doubt about that lol but definitely not one to disrespect the program and University that he worked so hard for.

Aug 11, 2017, 7:36 PM

Good enough. I believe it and pass along that I appreciate the time he gave to Clemson.

He got his degree, and went on to be successful in his unique way. Hard to argue with that.

And who knows, maybe he wanted to release a statement and agents/publicists/producers who could not care less pressured him out of it. Maybe it was so local he never even knew he needed to apologize.

So, sorry if I took it too far.

Once a Tiger, Always a Tiger.

Aug 11, 2017, 7:49 PM

No sir you have every right to have that opinion and frustration. I just really wanted you to know that Tribble wouldnt want to disgruntle anyone let alone Clemson fans and especially on Military Appreciation Day. He isn't someone I talk to on a regular basis now and days but he was a teammate and friend of mine while at Clemson. A lot of guys at other universities that were and/or in his position are absolute d@@che bags.

Aug 11, 2017, 7:53 PM

Thanks man. That's really cool of you and I bet he'd be honored to know you stood up for him.

Not only that, but you were a teammate. Dang, that's good stuff right there.

I appreciate the time and energy you gave to Clemson as well Sir. I might even take back what I said about his beard now. Lol. ??

Aug 11, 2017, 8:18 PM

Don't worry next time I see him I'll make sure to mention it lol :) but in all honesty he is a goof ball haha but would no doubt apologize to you if you ever were to run into him. And thank you I really do appreciate that. I was by no means a star or significant contributor (had to hang them up after my freshman season due to back injury) but I'd like to think I helped at least .00000001% haha. There id absolutely nothing like the cannons going off then rubbing the rock and running down the hill to 80k plus people screaming their lungs out. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Aug 11, 2017, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Re: I would think most folks, like myself, didnt have a clue ]

Also a nice post to sum up your back and forth. Refreshing to see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2017, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: I would think most folks, like myself, didnt have a clue ]

Tried to TU on this particular post.
It wouldn't let me. ?
Anyway, a classy, mature post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2017, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I would think most folks, like myself, didnt have a clue ]

Tried to give you a TU with no success , so replied that I admired this gentlemanly response. That didnt post.
Trying again.

Aug 11, 2017, 8:33 PM

Sorry, if you're responding to me, I don't know why it won't let you TU. But thanks.

Aug 11, 2017, 8:39 PM

He!! I'm trying to give both of y'all TU's but my button isn't working either.

Aug 11, 2017, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Re: I would think most folks, like myself, didnt have a clue ]

Yes, you and CUbigfoot.

The Trouble with Tribbles. (Star Trek reference)***

Aug 11, 2017, 4:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic