Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sooooo, let's say the game gets cancelled, which it won't
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Sooooo, let's say the game gets cancelled, which it won't

Oct 1, 2015, 1:29 PM

BUT, if the ACC calls it off, when does it get rescheduled?

We have no BYE week until the week after the ACC Championship Game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sooooo, let's say the game gets cancelled, which it won't

Oct 1, 2015, 1:31 PM

Then why say it? Is this like if a tree falls in the woods with no one around does it make any noise? ;)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2015, 2:04 PM

I don't think that's so unlikely. Lightening would do it. The game starts at 8:00, so a delay of a couple hours would essentially cancel the game. They're not going to have them play at 2:00 in the morning. They're moving and changing times for games all along the coast already.

LSU had to cancel their first game the year

Oct 1, 2015, 2:17 PM

i rmemeber a long time ago VT vs GT was cancelled when VT WAS IN THE BIG EAST.

Oct 1, 2015, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Sooooo, let's say the game gets cancelled, which it won't ]

From what I've seen earlier in the day will be worse so moving it up may not be a good option. Of course it will give more potential for delays but as you stated 8pm kick really dosent leave much room: I say move it to 3:30,-'d that gives more wiggle room.

I know TV would not like that

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2015, 1:32 PM

they don't re-schedule ooc games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

but this isn't an OOC game.

Oct 1, 2015, 1:33 PM

:)

Sooo, how does this get to be a conference game???

Oct 1, 2015, 2:05 PM

;)

they do when it makes sense to and there is availability

Oct 1, 2015, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Sooooo, let's say the game gets cancelled, which it won't ]

ND falls in the first category; unfortunately it doesn't look like it falls in the 2nd as it would require other adjustments. Quite honestly, they need to be thinking about loading the plane for South Bend and moving the 2020 game here. Or is there another location free on Sat outside the flood zone?-- moving the game to another day is not an option, no bye dates and getting ready for GT is going to be hard enough and critical conf game--they shouldn't consider moving to Sunday or Monday. I guess the w/e after ACC championship would be an option. A lot of stuff got scheduled weird when 9/11 happened. Most other time it's only been a few games effected by storms.

if this forecast doesn't change in the next 24-30 hours, the whole state will probably in a state of emergency and everyone ordered off the road-- at that point cancellation won't be avoidable

just hope something happens that changes the forecast/shifts the heavy stuff elsewhere

sigh

Re: they do when it makes sense to and there is availability

Oct 1, 2015, 2:00 PM

From what I've seen online this has the potential to be a major storm event we have not seen for decades. Had something historic in 1916 which destroyed every bridge on the Wateree/Catawba River between Charlotte and Camden. This looks like it is setting up to be of that nature.

All we can do is watch and wait for further details. This is not worth anyone's loss of life.

Go Tigers!

No Prediction of SC Landfall for Hurricane Joaquin

Oct 1, 2015, 2:14 PM

The eastern most extreme in any model shows landfall in the northern portion of the N.C. coast mid-day Sunday. The models don't agree, but their disagreement is whether it will go straight north and miss the US altogether or whether it will take a slight northeast path. The reason for all the concern is that NYC on Tuesday morning is a potential landfall. The good news is that if it takes that path, the east coast would dissipate much of the storm's strength.

http://patch.com/new-york/glencove/s/fb5lr/hurricane-joaquin-on-very-uncertain-path-toward-long-island

It's not the direct we're concerned about, it's the rain

Oct 1, 2015, 3:26 PM

totals which are coming from not just the bands but the pull of another system and tropical moisture-- most are saying that we're getting flooded regardless of where the hurricane goes now. The question is, is most of SC getting 10-20 inches of rain, just some of it or does that amount hit somewhere in NC or VA and we get 5 or 6. If the whole state is getting it and getting it a one time, I don't really think most people on this board and in general understand what that means. We're talking roads, bridges, homes, trees falling from ground saturation, mass flooding, possible earthen ### failures, etc, etc. - it really can be quite catastrophic and most people don't have flood insurance, even if we minimize loss of life, injuries

just need hope this forecast changes and not so much for the games sake

Re: It's not the direct we're concerned about, it's the rain

Oct 1, 2015, 3:35 PM

Said some similar in another post. They won't let 80000 people drive to and from the stadium in a monsoon. Streams and creeks will over flow their beds and take out roads. Trees will fall etc etc. Blinding rain!

SUNDAY?????

Oct 1, 2015, 3:31 PM

why wouldn't they try it again on Sunday?? Is that not an option???

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic