Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Update. She's done been installed.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 801

Update. She's done been installed.

Dec 3, 2020, 8:11 PM

Not too bad. Just heavy as a ####

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hot***

Dec 3, 2020, 8:13 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sticks out an inch more than I'd like. But cheapass

Dec 3, 2020, 8:20 PM

Builder did shallow cabinets. But the one above is deeper than normal. So we had to keep the spacer for the recirculating vent. Lost an inch of clearance Clarence. But that's OK. Wife can bake a cake in it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I missed the backstory on this.

Dec 3, 2020, 8:27 PM

Should I bust your balls for not installing a proper hood above your stove instead of a microwave or has that been done already?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah. You're the first. Let her rip.***

Dec 3, 2020, 8:36 PM

Kitchen Aid ?

Dec 3, 2020, 8:42 PM

really ?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a 17 year old Goldstar

Dec 3, 2020, 8:47 PM

roast me

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My mom uses a 40 year old something.

Dec 4, 2020, 8:04 AM

It was her mother's microwave. Purchased when I was like 5yo. I remember marveling at it as a kid. We didn't have a microwave and my grandparents did. We didn't get a VCR until I was in middle school. My grandfather was a tech nerd since before they were cool. My parents were ludites compared to him.

He had one of the original Zenith color TVs with the truly wireless remote control (clicker). Anyway my grandfather got a satellite dish around 1980. The huge kind. When he first got it you programmed in a satellite, then chose your channel. He got literally thousands of channels. He could watch the evening news in Romania or Istanbul in whatever language. They even had #### which would send my grandmother into fits. Satellite and that old Zenith both blew up one night while I was watching Knight Rider from a lightening strike during a storm.

Things skip a generation....

Kitchenaid used to be the top line in appliances

Dec 4, 2020, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Kitchen Aid ? ]

Are they not still?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, let's see if I can pull off the old typical lunge Snidely

Dec 3, 2020, 9:09 PM

Whiplash tear down. Gee, that appears to be a rather proletariat microwave... didn't they have any nice ones in stock? Christmas rush, I guess? When are you planning to paint those cabinets... I guess you're worried the cheap laminate finish will bubble. The fake silver platter was probably well worth the 8 bucks. But the "authentic Navajo hand painted jug" has to go, they can't give 'em away on ebay, they're made in Des Moines. I do like the plastic orange thingy left over from Halloween, it really sets everything off...

My first attempt, how did I do?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

One mistake

Dec 3, 2020, 9:11 PM

you never said "poor" although proletariat was a nice touch

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Son of a ... yeah, you're right. But I made some of you younguns

Dec 3, 2020, 9:23 PM

google Snidely Whiplash, so there's that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent job. Which is why the photo is at an

Dec 4, 2020, 7:52 AM [ in reply to Well, let's see if I can pull off the old typical lunge Snidely ]

Angle. Hate to show my reflection in this place.

Lutz***

Dec 3, 2020, 9:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, here's the real funny part. I just ordered a bare bones

Dec 3, 2020, 9:35 PM

Whirlpool microwave from Lowe's on Monday. Very basic, nothing fancy. Supposedly $349, on sale for $199. And I'm paying the $119 install fee, like an idiot, because I'm afraid my neck/back will flare up and hurt for a week. It'll probably take him 10 mins. Getting old is a bummer.

Installing anything that hangs blows.***

Dec 3, 2020, 9:50 PM

Re: Actually, here's the real funny part. I just ordered a bare bones

Dec 3, 2020, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Actually, here's the real funny part. I just ordered a bare bones ]

It sux getting old but better than the alternative.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, it is better to pay for it than to ask a friend

Dec 4, 2020, 7:39 AM [ in reply to Actually, here's the real funny part. I just ordered a bare bones ]

especially if that friend is FBCoach. :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Getting old is the complaints about no double oven

Dec 4, 2020, 7:46 AM [ in reply to Actually, here's the real funny part. I just ordered a bare bones ]

They were old 15 years ago.....after 5 years of complaints. Hope this works. Cheaper than thousands for a kitchen remodel and a double oven.

Yes it's a fancy microwave. It was purchased so she can bake more than one thing at a time. Our old microwave.... Well it sucked. The only thing it did well was cook food. Which is why we kept it for 8 years with broken lights, broken fan, and a clock that adds 3 minutes a day. But for the oven feature, we'd still be using it until it didn't cook.

Replies: 18
| visibility 801
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic