Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has anyone recovered from the loss yet?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Has anyone recovered from the loss yet?

Jan 13, 2016, 11:08 AM

I haven't.

First step to recovery is admission.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has anyone recovered from the loss yet?

Jan 13, 2016, 11:14 AM

No, still hurtin, but I can say I've never felt this proud after a lose though

It stings, but not that bad.

Jan 13, 2016, 11:19 AM

Spirit was high among Clemson fans on my way back from Phoenix.

Jan 13, 2016, 11:24 AM

I can't decide if it is the loss or the fact that it's all over with until next year. Thank goodness the backetball team is playing a little bit better, but not really much of a substitute for football.

Oddly enough, I was over it immediately

Jan 13, 2016, 11:26 AM

If I thought that was our one and only shot at a title, I'd be more upset. Something tells me it wasn't.

Re: Oddly enough, I was over it immediately

Jan 13, 2016, 12:09 PM

This was the way I felt afterwards. That plus the fact that I knew how hard the Tigers played in that game. I had nothing but pride afterwards.

Jan 13, 2016, 11:26 AM

My heart hurts still for our guys. But everything happens for a reason. WE WILL BE BACK!

GO TIGERS

Loss of my Dad-- not yet

Jan 13, 2016, 11:30 AM

Loss of a football game after going 14-1 -- about 45 minutes!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen brother

Jan 13, 2016, 11:33 AM

I was over it before I went to bed.

We had a great season. Came up a few plays short. Nothing to be upset about into the next day.

And, like you I imagine, I'd be willing to go 0-12 to have another few days with my Dad around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feel your pain; lost mom a couple years ago & still miss her

Jan 13, 2016, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Loss of my Dad-- not yet ]

Football is great, but can't compare to family!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still hurts - not sure why. Sometimes I wish it did not

Jan 13, 2016, 11:32 AM

matter so much. In the grand scheme of life, such events are trivial. But for some reason they seem to hold a lot of emotional potential...

Jan 13, 2016, 11:32 AM

One of many heartbreaks in life. Trying to focus on the positives, including what a great year it was, great chance to have another great year next year, and how Dabo is setting us up to have many more great years or decades. I'm sure even in loss we attracted many new fans and caught the attention of a lot of talented young kids. As losses go, it was about the best we could ask for. But to answer your question, still getting over it. Time will help, but heck, I still think regretfully about the NIT championship basketball loss and the bad call against Wideman that lost us the game, and that is nothing compared to this!

Jan 13, 2016, 11:35 AM

I was over it by the time I went to bed Monday night. Our boys poured their hearts and souls into what they did Monday night, they didn't leave anything in the tank. As a Tiger, I could never ask for more from those boys than what they offered in that game. Sometimes they just don't go your way.

There isn't a moral victory, we lost, but #### I was proud of their fight, even when it was looking bleak. We gave up a touchdown on that goalline stand, but did you see our guys flying in there like it was the first play of the game? No quit in this pack of Tigers!

Jan 13, 2016, 11:34 AM

Everybody I've talked to in Charleston is giving us praise. Even Bama fans here saying we scared them sh!tless.

Somewhat, but thinking about next year

is helping the healing process. Looking at the offense, especially now that Wayne Train is staying, it gets me pretty amped. Between Wayne, Feaster, and #4 keeping the defense honest, its going to be fun to watch. Hopefully Deon will get his act together because having him and Mike back on the field as deep threats, this offense will be absolutely lethal against and scheme. Proud of our guys. Proud of the way they represented the State of South Carolina, and CANNOT wait until September 3rd.

Spot the ball!
BEAT AUBURN!

Mon night was actually the easist.. yest was hard, today better.. but no.***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 13, 2016, 11:36 AM

No-and I hope the players haven't either yet. They learned a hard lesson about playing 60 minutes Monday night. They were very lucky several times this year that they got away with it. Finish this thing.

Jan 13, 2016, 11:36 AM

I'm not sure if it's the loss, or that such an awesome season is over. But I'm down. I do have to say though, there is no shame for me with this loss. I could not be more proud of where we are and where we are headed. And it's funny because now, I could care less what the Coots or anyone else is doing. I know what we are doing and none of the others matter.

Jan 13, 2016, 11:43 AM

"And it's funny because now, I could care less what the Coots or anyone else is doing. I know what we are doing and none of the others matter."

Same here.

No, and I probably won't until we win the NC again.

Jan 13, 2016, 11:57 AM

I couldn't be prouder of our guys and it was a dream season. But of course it still hurts to have lost the game. These chances come along so infrequently. It took me until this season's win over ND to get over the 1977 Clemson-ND game in the valley, so I doubt I'll get over the loss to Bama anytime soon!

Jan 13, 2016, 11:57 AM

No, first loss in a LONG time, not used to it, dont plan on getting used to it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only because I know what we have to look forward to

Jan 13, 2016, 12:01 PM

Dabo is right, this team is built for sustained success.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

No. We stood on the brink of nailing ESPN to the floor.

Jan 13, 2016, 12:05 PM

We stood on the brink of totally shutting down all the hater hold outs. We stood on the brink of twice the already huge amount of positive press we got. We HAD Alabama right where we wanted them. We had Saban, we had Kiffin, we had the Heisman trophy winner... we had them beat. And we let it slip away.

STILL VERY PROUD OF THE TEAM. They are winners.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It still hurts

Jan 13, 2016, 12:12 PM

But im not disappointed. Our tigers played their heart out and left everything on the field. Plus we beat 4 top 10 teams this year, won 14 straight games, won the ACC championship and won the Orange bowl. Still a very successful season and something tells me we will be back

Re: yessir

Jan 13, 2016, 12:16 PM

It's just a d@mn game when you get down to it. Little bummed yesterday with all the cootbama fans on social media, but had to realize I've likely a better looking family,make more money, and have more teeth than they do. Gawd is good right?

Getting there...best season since I've been a fan

Jan 13, 2016, 12:30 PM

It will take some time.

It stings now because we were so close. I keep telling myself that if we made it to this game 4-5 years ago we would have been smoked.

The reality is we should have been ranked 1st all year and with the one loss, we only got knocked down to the 2nd best team in the country.

Here are our best AP rankings all time. 2 of the top 10 rankings all time are in the last 3 seasons.

1981 1
2015 2*
1978 6
2013 8*
1982 8
1990 9
1988 9
1950 10

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2016, 12:32 PM

Recovered over here!! Time for Auburn!! Lets go Tigers!!! We are coming back to take what is ours. Yesterday was hard but there is light. Think positive this just gives DW4 more motivation to win his Junior and Senior year!

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic