Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Newberg: Marlin Lane wants to play for Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: Newberg: Marlin Lane wants to play for Clemson

Jan 13, 2011, 11:53 PM

Newberg: Marlin Lane wants to play for Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Than stop flirting with the enemy kid!

Jan 14, 2011, 12:03 AM

You're 100% or not.

Re: Than stop flirting with the enemy kid!

Jan 14, 2011, 1:09 AM

Sounds to me like he is playing the poor ole me kid to the media. Being busted with pot is reason to not bring a kid to your university....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am a bit confused about his choice of words.

Jan 14, 2011, 12:09 AM

He says he is "solid" to Clemson, but then he goes on to say he just wants to see what's out there by visiting other schools. In my mind, those two conflict.

Maybe he is just going to the other schools to get a free visit...that's what I'd do. But my gut tells me our coaches know something else that this kid isn't fessing up to in the media.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what's wrong with visiting other schools...

Jan 14, 2011, 12:16 AM

he can still be solid, but maybe he just wants the experience of going to these other schools campus. There is nothing wrong with that if that is the case. And there is nothing wrong if he hasn't completely made his mind up yet either.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I swear you don't read entire posts.

Jan 14, 2011, 12:21 AM

You just latch on a word or phrases and hastily reply, and half the time you just reiterate what the OP just said (like you did just now).

I swear you just make stuff up, when someone replies with

Jan 14, 2011, 1:14 AM

something you don't like. You just hastily reply without any facts to back up your false assertions.

You do realize you're writing about yourself?

Jan 14, 2011, 7:30 AM

Multiple people have already called you out. You even deleted your post last night when you found out (from me) that you were wrong about coaches not being allowed to talk to recruits during dead periods.

I, for one, do a little research typically before I post so that I don't look as misinformed as you.

Also, you obviously have an underlying agenda since the majority of your posts complain about Clemson. I find it hard to believe that you are a true Clemson fan. Or maybe you're just an (fill in the blank).

Re: what's wrong with visiting other schools...

Jan 14, 2011, 12:25 AM [ in reply to what's wrong with visiting other schools... ]

Nothing. Enjoy the ride.

I hope he does end up signing with Clemson on signing day.

Jan 14, 2011, 12:10 AM

Personal attacks from fans do not help the situation. I hope he does end up playing here.

exactly, people are slamming a teenager for being undecided***

Jan 14, 2011, 12:17 AM

Undecided? He says he's been all Clemson since his

Jan 14, 2011, 1:17 AM

sophomore year. Yet is taking visits all over the place 2 weeks from signing day.

supposedly that's why we are dropping him....

Jan 14, 2011, 1:23 AM

because he is undecided to open a scholarship for a defensive player. Still there is no point in putting the kid down just cause he changes his mind or whatever is going on.

But it's okay to put down everyone else on the Clemson

Jan 14, 2011, 7:34 AM

Administration/BOD/roster/staff?

I wish you would stop posting, hypocrite. Your comments provide no further knowledge or intellectual stimulation.

Your a moron

Jan 14, 2011, 9:47 AM

First his point was totally on that you shouldn't be on here bashing 17 yr old kids. I know when I was 17 my head wasn't on straight and I ended up alright. You shouldn't bash Clemson players either b/c they are just kids not getting payed working hard everyday to make your team better. What you can bash though and is completely fair is staff/administration etc. b/c these ppl are paid big dollars to do their job and if they don't do it good they deserve the criticism

I think you mean "you're", moron***

May 11, 2022, 9:29 AM

Re: Undecided? He says he's been all Clemson since his

Jan 14, 2011, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Undecided? He says he's been all Clemson since his ]

Dude, he should be taking other visits, just as when you get out in the real world, you don't just interview for the job you love. You interview with even ones you are unsure of to solidify your decision was the best. It reaffirms everything. There has to be more to this story than the minor drug charge, and him visiting other schools. I mean if he is waffly, and Lateek Townsend gets away with jerking everyone around, then what gives?

Sometimes, as the boss, you have to take a situation like

Jan 14, 2011, 12:12 AM

this and let him go. In another situation, another time, you might try ot salvage it. I think this is a time where you you pull the plug just to let everyone know you can. Sometimes you have to let everyone know, "You need us more than we need you." Those opportunitiees don't come around every day, and we threw 2 or 3 of them away with KP. Maybe we take this one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So with KP we let him have run of the place, but a top...

Jan 14, 2011, 12:19 AM

recruit who may just be taking visits to other schools or maybe is 100% sure yet, that you cut him off during the silent period? that doesn't make sense.

I guarantee theyre "cutting him off" bc its a big recruiting

Jan 14, 2011, 6:11 AM

weekend and the kid isn't answering his phone and wants to go visit somewhere else when he was clearly supposed to come here this weekend.

Re: I guarantee theyre "cutting him off" bc its a big recruiting

Jan 14, 2011, 9:27 AM

some of our recruits have visited elsewhere, there is probably something else that may have popped up.

I agree. We messed up with KP big time. Most of the bad

Jan 14, 2011, 12:57 PM [ in reply to So with KP we let him have run of the place, but a top... ]

stuff that came our way this year was stuff that happens in a transition. Dabo made the wrong call on Napier. It happens; he'll fix it. I'm OK with all that. But he messed up with KP. That was not good leadership, I'll grant you.

Maybe this deal with Lane is a "I'll never do that again" reaction. If so, I'm fine with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic