Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Something is amiss with the SC over CU multi-year losses....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,701

Something is amiss with the SC over CU multi-year losses....

Mar 4, 2013, 9:26 AM

and it's not that our Men are not as good overall as theirs..for I've seen what talent we've had in football as well as in baseball over the past 10 years...and it's not been all that uneven.

Seems to be several other factors, like:

* Playing with confidence - Take all four of the CWS BB games against Coots when Clemson was #1 in nation..or had No losses, but SC took us out due to our being uptight or making errors..in all four games. Heck, even K. Greene made 2 errors in one game alone!

* Playing to Win - Not having the same drive or desire?

* Coaching - Has been a factor in both BB & FB it seems..due to more veteran or even more savvy coaches for SC.

* Money - Big differences over the years due to ACC vs SEC financial payouts..particularly due to TV & Bowl $. I've heard SC has made or will make $100,000,000 more than Clemson over a 10 year period.

* Conferences - Certainly a difference in FB due to SEC being THE conference due to national success, exposure & $

What say you?! Got to be a logical reason for so many losses to our major in-state competitor..one whom we basically had a fair to good winning margin with in both sports until 5-10 years ago.

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even a blind chicken occasionally finds some seed.

Mar 4, 2013, 9:57 AM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We can keep saying things like that, but the truth is

Mar 4, 2013, 10:13 AM

this is more than a blind chicken, it's a trend. And it's a trend that needs to be reversed immediately.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: We can keep saying things like that, but the truth is

Mar 4, 2013, 10:15 AM

It didn't get like this overnight, so I doubt seriously that we can reverse this trend "immediately".

I was using a little levity to address the OP

Mar 4, 2013, 11:23 AM [ in reply to We can keep saying things like that, but the truth is ]

But obviously it is a confluence of events, some of which we cannot control. They have made great strides in facilities, they have made good coaching hires, and they have a large alumni base with solid fan support.

What we can do is keep supporting Clemson.

Re: Something is amiss with the SC over CU multi-year losses....

Mar 4, 2013, 9:58 AM

They will not make 100 million more than than Clemson over a 10 year period. They may make 5 million more a year based on the latest projections. Also it is important to account of the added funding that comes to Clemson due to the ACC academic ties. Sure that doesn't go directly to the AD but it does provide money to the University. I am sick an tired of losing to them but it is not because of money. Clemson has money and is spending money like crazy recently. We do have issues to work out but blaming money is an easy out that does not address the real issues.

null

Mar 4, 2013, 10:18 AM

go back and look at history. Every rivalry has streaks like these on both sides. Just the way it is...

Mar 4, 2013, 10:27 AM

This is no streak... A streak is 3 4 5 .. We're getting dominated here 20 outta 28 on the diamond . 4 on the field some just ugly is all I can say . The court well it's a toss up a few here and there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2013, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Something is amiss with the SC over CU multi-year losses.... ]

5 x 10 = ?? 50 ... That's still a loaddddd of cash even by your figure .. 50 75 100 ... Either way sorry a*** swofford and our lame tv money the big difference here . Can't dispute that .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2013, 11:12 AM

I don't disagree that the financial disparity is there, but a big chunk of the financial disparity between the 2 in state schools is fan support. If you look at the revenue sources for the two schools, more than half the difference comes from things like ticket sales and alumni contributions.

I understand you not being happy about it, but the solution is to give Clemson more money or spend more money with the school, not to come on a free message board and complain. Get in the solution, not the problem!

Mar 4, 2013, 11:09 AM

this trend has come as a DIRECT RESULT of lack of leadership by Clemson admin and BOT. SoCar admin and BOT are in favor of winning athletic teams and Clemson admin and BOT do not care! SoCar can get ANY ATHLETE in school while Clemson refuses to help in any way.I am not saying we should use the dirty and underhanded methods that they use but we could do lots better. IMHO the main thing that has cost us our leadership position in baseball is Jack! Jack is an arrogant prick that refuses to get out and talk with recruits but our admin and BOT just do not care; if they did Jack would be gone!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2013, 11:19 AM

Clemson athletics matters only in its impact to the academic and financial success of Clemson University. Athletic success is not a goal, it is a factor or influencer toward a bigger more important goal, namely providing a quality high level education for S.C. citizens first and outside citizens second. After that, the goals furthered by research and development projects at Clemson come before the enjoyment of Clemson fans and alumni. Get your priorities in order.

Academics and athletics can coexist harmoniously, but academics must come first. That includes Clemson's academic reputation. The principles for which Clemson University stands also come before athletics. I believe that honesty is high among those principles. Giving a young man a scholarship and acceptance to Clemson when you know that he stands almost no chance of graduating from Clemson is not honest. The Clemson I Love doesn't lie to prospective student athletes.

^^^Finally someone who gets it!^^^

Mar 4, 2013, 1:50 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sec and prop 48********

Mar 5, 2013, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Something is amiss with the SC over CU multi-year losses.... ]

Mar 5, 2013, 12:38 AM

Money Doesn't win Football games.... When will yall learn???

Mar 5, 2013, 12:41 AM

It's done wonders for USuC, Dirt...

Mar 5, 2013, 12:56 AM

Loyalty and Great Coaches got us here. We need renovations bad at Willy B. And there still doing many different things. We have the 9th Highest Paid coaching staff in SEC. We Finished 7th in total income from last football season in SEC. South Carolina has had some of the most Loyal Fans in the Nation over the past years Dating back to the 1990's Avg 5 wins a season from 1995-2004. But still AVG 80,000 fans in Williams Brice every game each year. Clemson brings in more money than SC.FACT

Mar 5, 2013, 5:44 AM

Cycles brother!!

Everything goes in cycles!!

And history (starting in Nov) will repeat itself!

Clemson will regain prominance, and the dirtpeckers will once again be relegated to mediocrity!!

Tweet THAT!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2013, 7:36 AM

So For the past few years yall have been the favorites and got man handled. This year will be a year where Carolina is the Favorite and you expect to beat South Carolina. AT South Carolina??? Where they have won 11 straight? We will see if that happens but its highly unlikely

Dirt-with respect I say Tigers have done better at WB in big

Mar 5, 2013, 5:51 PM

games over the past 100 years..and have won more there than Carolina HAS! Check it out and let me know what you see, please Sir.

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,701
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic