Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Something I don't understand....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Something I don't understand....

Mar 22, 2014, 11:33 PM

I'm not a huge baseball fan, I played when I was younger but from a viewing aspect, the game moves too slow to me leading me to be a much larger basketball and football fan. That being said, I still go to a few baseball games and love to see the team make it to Omaha, as I am a huge Clemson fan.

So, we beat the #1 team last night, and should have won the series in the last game tonight, but it slipped away in the end. This tells me that even with a lack of relief pitching, we still should have won the series against a national #1 team, not bad if you ask me. Many games have left a lot to be questioned (western carolina for example), but I still don't doubt our ability to beat anybody.

Baseball is a very odd game in that the best team will lose many games. This is why the world series champion Red Sox tied the leagues best record last year with 65 losses, which is equivalent to losing 40% of their games (97-62 record). This is a loooong season, and we're not even half way through the schedule. We should have beaten USC twice (in my opinion at least), and should have taken the last game against FSU. A "bad" team would never even get themselves into positions to win against top ranked teams like so, and I hope everyone will wait till the season is over with to pass on their judgement.

Pitching is concerning, and yes Jack recruits these pitchers who seem to be underperforming, but just give it time and see where it goes. I don't understand why when we win, I come on here and hardly see any baseball posts, but when we lose I come on the boards and you would think the whole baseball team got arrested the way some berate these 18-21 year old kids, who I'm sure hate the team losing much more than any of us do. Baseball teams will lose, nobody is free from this reality, and I believe this team has fight left in them as we move towards the second half.

Instead of being angry about this, be happy we almost stole two of three from #1, and realize it's only a game. No reason to cloud up the boards with mindless complaints if you won't say the same after we win a game. Crack a few seeds, enjoy some beers, and we'll see where the season goes, Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Something I don't understand....

Mar 22, 2014, 11:37 PM

You make way too much sense to post on here. You should be banned immediately.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2014, 11:39 PM

haha I know what you mean.... I don't post too much but felt it had to be said, and I already got a thumbs down on a post I felt was very unbiased either way. Can't please some people!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got out of two no out, bases loaded jams giving up 1 run

Mar 22, 2014, 11:39 PM

Before that 7th inning. Our luck ran out. Still proud of our TIGERS!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Got out of two no out, bases loaded jams giving up 1 run

Mar 22, 2014, 11:43 PM

exactly, that's something to be proud of as a team no matter what the outcome was.

Re: Got out of two no out, bases loaded jams giving up 1 run

Mar 23, 2014, 7:25 AM [ in reply to Got out of two no out, bases loaded jams giving up 1 run ]

Is that what win's or loses games;luck.
I thought it was a combination of good hitting,good pitching,good defense,but I guess we just ran out of luck in all three !
And it doesn't matter if it's before the 7th inning.
Last time I checked a game was 9.

It's easy to say

Mar 23, 2014, 12:45 AM

"It's just one game/series" but when it has happened over and over and over for several years in a row you have to start questioning things. Do we have the potential to be a good team? I believe so. Thing is I have seen too many times where we get in a hole in the early part of the season and while we play lights out to right the ship we run out of steam early in the postseason to believe that we will have any kind of postseason run.

Re: It's easy to say

Mar 23, 2014, 12:55 AM

I understand, and feel your pain. I've never really been a huge leggett fan, as the small ball type of game was never really of my interest, but he has put together some great teams in the past. The last of which would be the 2010 team which should have won the CWS in my opinion, but since then things do seem to be fading away.... I just think we've shown signs of life this year and want to see the season play out before too much judgement is passed on, all it takes is a hot streak in the postseason to make everyone forget all of this!

Message was edited by: aclemfan48®

Be happy we almost won? CTB was 3 plays away from the NC

Mar 23, 2014, 9:01 AM

but I think we can all agree we are a better program now in football. It used to teams were happy to almost beat us in baseball, now you guys are satisfied when we almost beat the coots or the Noles? That's a loser mentality I refuse to adopt. The program has been slipping for a long time, a slow steady descent into mediocrity and it's time for a change.

Re: Be happy we almost won? CTB was 3 plays away from the NC

Mar 24, 2014, 10:11 AM

not satisfied at all, lost 5 out of 6 games, which will never get you very far. There's only so much you can do in a situation like that so I'm taking some positives from it, if you keep taking negatives out of every situation it in turn creates a very negative person.

Mar 23, 2014, 9:08 AM

I love the "who cares " and " it doesn't matter if we win " attitude. That's is just the attitude we need to really enjoy life. Excellent post.

Leggett= 67% Swinney=69% Brownell=63%

Mar 23, 2014, 9:19 AM

winning percentage.

But I guess it matters from where they came,to where they
are now.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic