Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Something I don't get about the "Committee"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,729

Something I don't get about the "Committee"

Nov 13, 2019, 8:38 AM

There's obviously more than one thing, but just for now...

I'm not complaining - there would be no reason to today. I would just like to know why Ken Hatfield doesn't have to recuse himself when discussing Clemson (nor ARK...Rice. But those 2 aren't being talked about).

Hatfield had a rough departure from CU. He was angry. That was a long time ago, but if you have a bad "divorce" do you really change your mind about it over time? That hasn't been my experience or most people I know.

I'm also not saying Hatfield isn't an honorable man - I believe he is. But, since it's never been explained, I just wonder "Why no recusals for Ken?"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Something I don't get about the "Committee"

Nov 13, 2019, 8:46 AM

Maybe he has been away from all long enough but it is curious

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am sure that Hatfield is a plant by ESPN to create

Nov 13, 2019, 9:02 AM

negative bias toward Clemson. They thought they were smarter than us, but you sniffed them out.

Just kidding, but dude, that was more than 25 years ago that we fired him. He probably has grandchildren older than that. I am sure every committee member has some personal biases, as they do not live in bubbles, but these are people of character, who have to put those biases aside. And if they don't, it is on the other committee members to call them out on it.

I wouldn't personally choose Hatfield for the committee either (what Clemson person would?), but fans don't get to do that. Just think what the committee would look like if message boards got to appoint them. LOL!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2019, 9:35 AM

Your last paragraph should suffice for your
doubts. You said that Hatfield is an honorable
man so you can rest on that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2019, 9:38 AM

I understand why he was mad.He was treated like crap but to his credit I doubt he would dump on Clemson as he is a better man.My concern is putting Ronnie Lot on the committee and using the word respected in the sentence.After his debacle hauling OJ over California in the slow police chase and him refusing to tell police anything.not respect in my opinion

Umm that was Al Cowlings...

Nov 13, 2019, 9:47 AM

unless my meter needs to be checked?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Umm that was Al Cowlings...

Nov 13, 2019, 11:08 AM

Your meter is correct.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2019, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Something I don't get about the "Committee" ]

Wasn't it A.C. Cowlings that drove OJ around in the white Bronco???

Nov 13, 2019, 10:17 AM

How do you know that he didn't recuse himself?

Nov 13, 2019, 11:19 AM

Replying to "face."

Every member of the Committee who has recusals is listed and the schools named. Some have 2 or 3. Also, if there are no recusals - the Committee notes "No Recusals" by their name. So it's all out there on the table. Ken H. is the only current or former AD, president, coach or player I've ever seen (on the Committee) who has "No Recusals." It's curious.

That said, unless he's changed, I think Hatfield's character would not allow him to perpetrate a "hit job" on Clemson. The recusal part of the Committee's bylaws is there so the Committee can appear "beyond reproach" - which I would think would be what Ken H. would want as well.

If nothing else, it would stop people like me from raising the topic in the first place. I'm not accusing - just curious.

Nov 13, 2019, 11:13 AM

This is why I'd feel more comfortable if I knew that the teams were somewhat anonymous ("Team A", "Team B"). Granted, they'd still be able to figure it out if they knew football, which I'm not certain they do. But the name "ALABAMA" alone carries weight, as we've seen time and time again and likewise, the Minnesotas don't, because they weren't relevant before. But - we're supposed to believe they judge on this year only - and anyone can see that isn't the case.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,729
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic