Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Watkins to Bills: "You're making me look bad"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

FB Update: Watkins to Bills: "You're making me look bad"

Oct 16, 2015, 10:57 AM

Watkins to Bills: "You're making me look bad"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Watkins to Bills: "You're making me look bad"

Oct 16, 2015, 11:30 AM

We'll target you in Dallas ??

Better fit in Seattle! ;)***

Oct 16, 2015, 2:57 PM

Wish they would trade him to a better team

Oct 16, 2015, 11:36 AM

I mean, if they don't want to throw to him...

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Someone with a QB! He would lead the league.***

Oct 16, 2015, 11:43 AM

Agreed***

Oct 16, 2015, 11:47 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 16, 2015, 11:51 AM

This Clemson Man needs no introduction!!! The Bills are fools for not making Watkins their #1 target.....all their loss!!

Oct 16, 2015, 11:58 AM

The Bills are a graveyard for talent. He needs to get out ASAP..... Carolina needs wideouts.....

Oct 16, 2015, 12:17 PM

More appropriate response should have been,"You're not tapping my potential". Sounds less self-centered.

Oct 16, 2015, 12:24 PM

Sammy might be right, but that's not something you come out and say when your team is winning. Furthermore, he's been hurt, so how is Taylor supposed to develop chemistry with him when he's not even on the field? I love Sammy, but his comments are coming off as selfish.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uproar, you are absolutely correct

Oct 16, 2015, 1:16 PM

his agent also should have mentioned that it is a good idea to stay away from terms like "I don't care if he is open" when speaking about other players. I am sure he is frustrated, his injury has probably made it that much worse, but he needs to get healthy, get on the field, and get himself open and the QB will find you. Unfortunately he is not with a top tier QB, that always hurts the numbers but he has to understand chemistry is developed. Get healthy and go out and develop a chemistry and relationship with the QB, maybe it is not there but you need to get on the field before anyone will know.

His talent is there, just play the game and do not alienate yourself with such comments. However, he is wanting to get targets since his income will be based upon performance in the future so cannot really be upset with him trying to make sure he gets big payday as an elite WR!!

Go Watkins, Go Tigers!!

Re: Uproar, you are absolutely correct

Oct 16, 2015, 1:35 PM

He pushed for Tajh to go to him a lot when he was a Freshman at CU and told the coaches he was open a lot and to get the ball to him and he would make things happen....you see how well that worked out for The TEAM!! That's all he's doing at Buffalo. There's a big difference between being selfish & having a lot of confidence in one's abilities and Sammy is the latter! If the Bills don't target him then a better team sure as heII will! Keep pushing Sammy!

Orangeman, Buffalo is winning without Sammy

Oct 16, 2015, 2:14 PM

yet he feels compelled to go public with his lack of targets. I agree that he should be targeted more and do not blame him for being upset but to bring it up to the media and outside of the locker room just seems anything but TEAM oriented. We have followed him at Clemson and will continue to follow his career but a lot of people do not know and will construe this as a "cry-baby" reaction which is not true.

In my opinion, they are using him as more of a decoy since Sammy always draws the best DB on the other team. Also, Buffalo wasted a 4th pick if they do not start getting him involved in the offense, they simply need consistent QB play and they may become successful. Sammy is a special talent and will produce at a high level for many years to come, if he is not happy you may as well trade him to someone who understands that and can use him more effectively.

Either way it will work out for him!!

I wish Spiller had been more vocal about how the Bills

Oct 16, 2015, 1:54 PM

shafted him...Sammy may be somewhat out of line here IMO but I can see where he's coming from. It doesn't make sense to draft someone highly if you don't use them like you should. In Spiller's case it went from not using him enough to "using him until he pukes"...aka he gets a high ankle sprain and they never allowed him to heal up so he is playing at 60% all season long. The Bills made Spiller look bad that season. If they had given him two or three weeks of rest and bring him back he coulda torn it up...but instead they have him playing in all the games and practices, not giving him any time for his ankle sprain to heal up. In Sammy's case it's easy for a guy like Shannon Sharper to say "You gotta earn that draft pick bruh" when he played with an elite quarterback for the majority of his career

Oct 16, 2015, 2:06 PM

It would be awesome if the Steelers could get him ??

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with the team concept but in the NFL it's

Oct 16, 2015, 2:27 PM

His career. He will get his next contract on how he performs. CJ said nothing in his humility and it they would have used him his last contract would be millions more. He's working, getting open and by the QB not throwing to him it devalues his whole career, his retirement in a big way.

NFL teams will throw you to the curb, it's a cut throat business unlike college football where the team does come first or kids transfer out when they think the NFL is out of the question where they are.

He could have said it differently directly to the coach and QB, that would be wise. If they didn't respond then I might do what Sammy did but I never had that speed, hands or hops. I think I'd just be quite and make a great long snapper..lol

Go Sammy, Go Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Bills wasted Spiller as well. What's the problem?***

Oct 16, 2015, 2:58 PM

Oct 16, 2015, 3:23 PM

Seems to me like Shannon Sharpe is out of line tending to Sammy's business. Sammy is his own man, and if he wasn't he wouldn't be playing big boy footBall. Hey Shannon, worry about Shannon and stay out of Sammy's business, Sammy will be the only one to answer for what Sammy says and does, not Shannon Sharpe. Taking advice from Shannon Sharpe should be the last person for Sammy to listen to unless, he needs advice on how to assault women and get away with it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May sound selfish, but is absolutely necessary

Oct 16, 2015, 4:02 PM

The league is a market economy and big names with big numbers get big paychecks. The problem with being a receiver is that those numbers are entirely dependant on your target opportunities. If he stays silent, he may lose out on trade offers and new opportunities. If he makes noise, he looks bad in the short run, to some, but it will likely help with his career. Unfortunate yet necessary.

This is why getting a high draft makes me nervous. The short term payout is nice but it leads to good young players on poorly performing teams and for offensive skill positions production can be tough.

Re: May sound selfish, but is absolutely necessary

Oct 16, 2015, 4:28 PM

It's all about how you phrase things, and Sammy phrased them terribly. He made himself look like a selfish prima donna instead of someone who's looking out for the best interests of the team. There's a way to phrase things and get the same message across without looking so bad. Sammy needs some P.R. lessons in a bad way.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Terrible QB situation

Oct 16, 2015, 4:08 PM

Feel bad for Watkins,although...
I am not surprised he would have issues too.

Oct 16, 2015, 4:30 PM

I will always love Sammy Watkins but it's hard to hear a multi-millionaire whine. Just sit there and rake in your millions! He's got to know, he's got it made.

This is a horrible organization.

Oct 16, 2015, 7:12 PM

Let's draft all these potentially legendary guys and then not give them the ball.

While I admire us cheering for and defending our former Tigers,

Oct 16, 2015, 7:27 PM

I bet that most people here would call Sammy a selfish jerk for his comments if he weren't a beloved former Clemson player. Sammy is obviously talented and I am optimistic he will have a good career, but the other guys on his team obviously are too.

As for C.J., he is obviously talented but I'm tired of hearing how he is misused. Do you really think that multiple coaches don't understand his talent and how to use him? Have you considered that maybe he just isn't an every down back in the NFL. At the very least, he doesn't seem to be as good as the guys who are playing in front of him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Nah, this is professional football.

Oct 16, 2015, 7:31 PM

Would you be ok with an employer seeking you out for your talents, and then basically give you menial tasks that won't help you advance. And oh by the way, you can't just up and leave, you have that contract...

The team should have to hold up their end of the deal too.

I'm not denying that it is a crappy situation for Sammy.

Oct 16, 2015, 9:02 PM

Of course he wants the ball, because he is a great talent. But he is just a rookie and has also been injured. It is only week six. Oh, and he is getting paid millions of dollars. He sounds like a spoiled brat composing to the media.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sammy isn't a rookie.***

Oct 16, 2015, 9:04 PM

Thumbs up. Moreover,....

Oct 17, 2015, 7:03 AM [ in reply to Nah, this is professional football. ]

They are costing him tens of millions in money he would make later. It is a business. He is in a bad business deal. He has Tim Brown type Hall of Fame ability, maybe better. He is in a bad situation and wasting away.

Oct 16, 2015, 9:35 PM

Bills are experts at wasting talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic