Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Someone said they were nervous about GT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1,521

Someone said they were nervous about GT

Nov 5, 2014, 3:39 PM

because they finally have a good passer at QB. He went 8-18 against UNC and has a completion percentage just over 48%. We are gonna load up the box and destroy GTs run game and dare him to pass. Clemson wins by 20 in Atlanta

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So 20-0?***

Nov 5, 2014, 3:40 PM

Re: So 20-0?***

Nov 5, 2014, 3:41 PM

I like that better than 50-30

I'm thinking 63-17***

Nov 5, 2014, 3:42 PM

They are ranked 80+ in completion %

Nov 5, 2014, 3:42 PM

Something like 43%. That's dreadful. They're basically last in passing yards/game, which isn't unexpected. Those two things combined make me not worried about this part of their game.

I'm far more concerned with them pitching the ball around behind the LoS and taking advantage of our less experienced secondary. I don't think the dive is going to work well for them, and I suspect they know as much.

They hadn't considered our secondary.

Nov 5, 2014, 3:43 PM

So yeah, besides being a little nervous about everybody there's nothing special to fear from Goofy Turds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't you think every team "loads the box" against GT?

Nov 5, 2014, 3:47 PM

If good defensive players, and Clemson has plenty of those, stay disciplined, then GT shouldn't be much of a problem.

Yes?***

Nov 5, 2014, 3:48 PM

Our defense would have to hold them to 16 pts in

Nov 5, 2014, 3:51 PM

order for us to win by 1. I love our defense, but I don't see us holding them to 16. I know a lot of GT points last year were garbage points but they always score at least 28 to 25 points on us.

its about assignment football on defense***

Nov 5, 2014, 4:02 PM

Re: Someone said they were nervous about GT

Nov 5, 2014, 4:00 PM

I'd be more concerned if we were playing them at night. One of the few times I'm thankful for an early game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We always play poorly in ATL since '03

Nov 5, 2014, 4:04 PM

We CAN beat them by 2-3 scores but a lot of that will depend on how well our D plays their assignments (all they need to do is watch last year's game film for a text book on how to defend the triple option) and whether Watson can shake off the cobwebs and get the O rolling again.

Here are some things that are always true of the triple option: it can even a talent gap (and there is undoubtedly one between these teams), you have to play 4 downs on defense, it can score suddenly and quickly if one person is out of place, if you can get up early it's a useless offense.

Tech will be at worst 7-3 next weekend.

We all know what can happen if you force a couple of punts, get a 2 score lead, and force them to throw the ball.

But we all also know what can happen if they get a couple of long, clock-chewing TD drives in the first quarter, settle in, and get to play keep away.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2014, 4:05 PM

Win by 20?? My advice to you...don't bet any of your hard earned money on that prediction. Your talk is cheap, and this is the way to keep it that way.

Here's the deal. The last 3 games played, they scored 31 on us each game. Not the average, but the actual production by them. Scores: 55-31; 47-31; 17-31.

The only one of the 3 that was played in Atlanta was the one we lost in 2011,17-31. While they still do not throw the ball all that well, this GT team throws better than the previous 3. Yes, there is a little more balance with them than usual. This does nice things for their run game.

Our defense will have had an outstanding outing if we limit them to 21 points in Atlanta...I'm talking outstanding!

Can our offense score 22?

Am I worried about this game? You better believe it!!

their d is horrid D Watson will

Nov 5, 2014, 4:14 PM

Put up UNC numbers

Does "load the box" mean

Nov 5, 2014, 4:10 PM

FHRITP?

Nov 6, 2014, 10:56 AM

Doesn't make sense to use completion percentage as the metric to judge. Most of their passes are way downfield, so of course he isn't going to hit more than half of them. He's also got 14 TD's and only 4 INT's, and is possibly the fastest player on the field.

Georgia Tech's offense is ranked #1 in the nation by some metrics. It is really, really good. Fortunately for Clemson, Tigers' the defense is equally good, and Georgia Tech's defense is equally bad.

I'm Not***

Nov 6, 2014, 11:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Only b/c we've sucked in ATL, but otherwise I aint skeered

Nov 6, 2014, 11:18 AM

If DW is playing we'll hit big plays on them.

I don't see them chewing clock on our defense, but they might be able to hit some big pass plays if we let them fool us, which occasionally happens.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2014, 12:22 PM

Ga Tech (and USC) will pitch it out to the tailback, Kearse will come charging up from the safety position to make the tackle on the sweep, and the tailback will flip it down the field 20 yards for a reception and TD. That will happen more than once if we don't keep Hearse back at safety the rest of the year. Count on it.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1,521
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic