Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Latest from me... FWIW....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Latest from me... FWIW....

May 19, 2012, 7:13 PM

1. Clemson and FSU are Big XII bound as 11 and 12. Believe it or not, Clemson led the charge to get out of the ACC, although FSU has dominated the news with their troubles. TDP is just fine with that. All agreements have been made and are in place.

2. At least a dozen schools have contacted the Big 12, and probably more. The days of "waiting to talk officially" are "officially" out the door.

3. The Big 12 will go to 14 if any two of GT/ND/VT are available. Both ND and VT are LONGSHOTS, b/c VT is likely to the SEC. They want to go to 14, b/c of the new renegotiated TV deal at 14. However, the right teams have to be available. GT is trying to talk more now, but they were cold at first. That may hurt them.

4. The new TV contract, at 14 teams, is going to be, ummmmm.... substantial.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Awesome...I am so ready for a trip to Austin or Norman

May 19, 2012, 7:15 PM

for a game...definitely beats a trip to Durham or Raleigh

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed, but can you loan me some money, lol?***

May 19, 2012, 7:17 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm looking forward to a game in Lawrence

May 19, 2012, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Awesome...I am so ready for a trip to Austin or Norman ]

since it's only about an hour away from me.

Re: Latest from me... FWIW....

May 19, 2012, 7:19 PM

Any word on the timeframe for an official announcement?

At the risk of being called ghey...

May 19, 2012, 7:19 PM

kewl.

That's as close as it gets.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: At the risk of being called ghey...

May 19, 2012, 7:48 PM

"...not that there's anything wrong with that!"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At the risk of being called ghey...

May 19, 2012, 7:59 PM

;)

Whatever.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

We have been on the same page as far as what we think

May 19, 2012, 7:21 PM

needs to happen. I have absolutely no sources from anywhere but what you said about TDP makes perfect sense. He has let FSU be the face of leaving the ACC...while we have sat back and really kept our (CU) mouths shut. He is from Big XII country and still has friends, colleagues throughout the league. I think we'll find out that CU was the true gem for the Big XII and that FSU followed us. Like it or not Coot fans there is something in those hills and any conference would be lucky to have us!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also... to add to that...

May 19, 2012, 7:28 PM

Cincy, UL, and BYU are falling further down the list.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

...but approaching the top of the list for an ACC invite!***

May 19, 2012, 7:37 PM

They have called the ACC... seriously***

May 19, 2012, 7:53 PM

I am hearing that the top candidates....

May 19, 2012, 11:54 PM [ in reply to Also... to add to that... ]

on the Big XII wish list to follow Clemson and FSU are Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, and Pitt. Pitt seems to be the odd man out but is being considered at the request of West Virginia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Miami may also be trying to re-assert itself into the fray

May 20, 2012, 12:04 AM

but the Big XII is a bit leery of the impending NCAA sanctions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I am hearing that the top candidates....

May 20, 2012, 12:59 AM [ in reply to I am hearing that the top candidates.... ]

I hope we're not requesting Pitt be included unless we go all the way to 16 teams. They just don't add enough.

Didn't u say earlier that it would be 12 teams

May 19, 2012, 7:36 PM

Because the BIG 12 had it in their contract to renegotiate once they went to 13 ? Yes you did, made up chit is hard to keep straight isn't it?Now you're saying the TV contract is for 14 teams, man just ..oh man................

You have nonpost where I said that...

May 19, 2012, 7:46 PM

I have posted several times about a 14 team deal

Spot on as usual.

May 19, 2012, 7:39 PM

Great job of reporting these things. It's exactly what I am hearing from a buddy in Atlanta who has sources all over Big XII country. It appears that this SEC/Big XII alliance is going to be even deeper than what has been announced so far. I think that will ultimately help get GT in the Big XII in order to deepen the natural rivalries between the conferences (CU/SC, FSU/UF, Texas/A&M, Texas/Ark, GT/UGA, etc)

SEC apparently is going after (in order of preference) VT, UNC, NCSU. Will be interesting to see if the "blue bellies" will see the writing on the wall and abandon the ACC. Personally, I hope they sink with it, but unfortunately, I can see the SEC wanting the flagship university in NC.

Keep an eye on Pitt as well for Big XII. WVU has apparently been a big player in this whole process, and they may want that rivalry back.

Big XII definitely wants Notre Dame. If they land them, then all bets are off on the size of the contract. I'm hearing it will be in the $25M range easily with just the 12 schools. We could be looking at $30M+ if Big XII gets to 16 schools, including ND.

We shall soon see.

UNCheat would be a great fit in the SECheat***

May 19, 2012, 7:52 PM

LOL - no doubt.*****

May 19, 2012, 7:57 PM

Their Cheating Was An SEC Audition***

May 19, 2012, 7:59 PM [ in reply to UNCheat would be a great fit in the SECheat*** ]

I think the criminal investigation into unc's academic fraud

May 19, 2012, 8:02 PM [ in reply to UNCheat would be a great fit in the SECheat*** ]

qualifies them IMMEDIATELY for acceptance in the SEC.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ka Ching!!!!!

May 19, 2012, 9:04 PM

A udder winner here!!!

Only if they get away with it***

May 19, 2012, 11:57 PM [ in reply to I think the criminal investigation into unc's academic fraud ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is FWIW?***

May 19, 2012, 8:07 PM

I'm guessing "for what it's worth"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

correct***

May 19, 2012, 8:30 PM

Re: While that would be a smart move, just don't

May 19, 2012, 8:27 PM

think Mr. US News, Top 20, Barker, is smart enough or has the male organs to jump.

I think it is beyond Barker...he'll do what the BOT says

May 19, 2012, 9:28 PM

and I'm not so sure that he wouldn't be for it. The fact that we are leaving the ACC will have no bearing on us being a Top 20 University. I think it will actually help.

Re: I believe it not, just because of our admin!***

May 19, 2012, 8:40 PM

A-C-Seeya! We're going home with the Armadillo?***

May 19, 2012, 8:52 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That will be the only ACC chant you will ever hear Spud yell***

May 19, 2012, 11:58 PM

When would it be announced?...

May 19, 2012, 8:54 PM

If FSU & Clelmson have all agreements in place, what's the next step? I"m assuming your BOT has to vote on it, and make an announcement. What's the timeline?

Re: When would it be announced?...

May 19, 2012, 8:56 PM

My guess in June after new Big12 commish takes over.

Someone on our board posted June 20 announcement

May 19, 2012, 9:05 PM

at the earliest. Didn't give a reason for that date, but said he had excellent sources in the Big 12.

after the Big12 meetings in June***

May 19, 2012, 9:03 PM [ in reply to When would it be announced?... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: after the Big12 meetings in June***

May 19, 2012, 9:39 PM

At this intensity, this subject won't keep that long. Something will come out before then.

one guess on how it may go down....

May 19, 2012, 9:07 PM [ in reply to When would it be announced?... ]

- ESPN gives Big XII new $ numbers for FSU / Clemson / Championship Game.
- FSU / Clemson join Big XII. (ACC down to 10 current schools / Big XII up to 12 schools)
- ACC gets new estimated lowered $ from ESPN - realizing that the remaining schools just took a pay cut.
- Georgia Tech / Maryland / Boston College / Miami contact other conferences to make their best deal.
- B1G realizing that it is "now or never" to expand because Big XII schools have a 13-year Grant of Rights decides to expand by 2-4 schools and calls Notre Dame...again.
- SEC invites North Carolina and Virginia Tech.
- B1G invites Georgia Tech, Virginia.
- Big XII invites Maryland / Miami.
- Maryland holds off Big XII hoping for B1G offer.
- Georgia Tech accepts B1G offer. (ACC down to 9 current schools / B1G up to 13 schools)
- Miami accepts Big XII offer. (ACC down to 8 current schools / Big XII up to 13 schools)
- Virginia and Virginia Tech officials discuss their options and both realize they can both be safe in a Power Conference and not be stuck in sinking ACC or relegated to Big East.
- Virginia accepts B1G offer. (ACC down to 7 current schools / B1G up to 14 schools)
- Virginia Tech accepts SEC offer. (ACC down to 6 current schools / SEC up to 15 schools)
- North Carolina cartel (North Carolina, Duke, Wake Forest, North Carolina State) realize that ACC of 6 current schools + Pitt/Syracuse is a very weak football conference and ESPN money will continue to go down. 4 more schools needed to even have a Championship Game and only Connecticut / Rutgers / South Florida / Central Florida are candidates that stay true to their geographical footprint. Lousiville / Cincinnati are only other realistic candidates. Academic perception is a concern for Duke. Ultimately they each decide its every school for itself.
- B1G is still negotiating with Notre Dame and tells Duke / North Carolina to wait.
- SEC negotiates with North Carolina State. NC State tells SEC they will accept SEC invite when given.
- SEC gives North Carolina ultimatum - accept SEC invite or SEC will invite NC State.
- North Carolina - knowing ACC is dead and B1G cannot commit to inviting them while negotiating with Notre Dame, Duke, and Maryland - decide to accept SEC offer. (ACC down to 5 current schools / SEC up to 16 schools)
- SEC announces they are done expanding at 16 schools, moves Missouri to West Division and SEC cashes in on more TV $.
- Big XII invites Duke.
- B1G feels it cannot wait any longer on Notre Dame and decides that the state of North Carolina market is too lucrative to allow Duke to go to the Big XII and North Carolina State / Wake Forest are not B1G candidates. Duke's AAU status and $4.8B in endowment is too much to pass by on. B1G wants to market itself as the academically superior conference. Duke commits to increase football budget significantly to be no worse than average football budget in B1G. B1G invites Duke.
- Duke accepts B1G offer. (ACC down to 4 current schools / B1G up to 15 schools)
- Big XII invites North Carolina State.
- North Carolina State accepts Big XII offer. (ACC down to 3 current schools / Big XII up to 14 schools)
- Big XII waits on Maryland to make up its mind because 14 is a round number.
************************************************************?
- B1G wants to end expansion for the foreseeable future and tires of waiting on Notre Dame and invites Maryland.
- Maryland accepts B1G offer. (ACC down to 2 current schools / B1G up to 16 schools)
- B1G announces they are done expanding at 16 schools.
- Big XII not sure if there is real financial benefit to adding Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Boston College, or Wake Forest and decides to pause.
- Pitt / Syracuse announce their intention to stay in the Big East (ACC down to 2 schools / Big East up to 15 eventual football schools)
- Big East begins to figure out what to do - invite Boston College and/or Wake Forest?
- Big XII internally wants to go to 16 and attempts to start negotiating with Notre Dame - even if its for non-football sports only.

Now if Notre Dame actually agreed to join the B1G, then:
- Notre Dame accepts B1G offer.
- B1G announces they are done expanding at 16 schools.
- Maryland accepts Big XII offer. (ACC down to 2 current schools / Big XII up to 15 schools)
- Pitt / Syracuse announce their intention to stay in the Big East (ACC down to 2 schools / Big East up to 15 eventual football schools)
- Big XII debates internally on who should be 16th school. West Virginia wants Pitt. Oklahoma wants Louisville. One is invited, one is left. (Big East down to 14 eventual football schools / Big XII up to 16 schools)
- Big XII announces they are done expanding at 16 schools.
- Big East invites Boston College / Wake Forest to join Big East. (Big East up to 16 eventual football schools).
- Big East begins having internal discussions of possibly "uninviting" some future Big East football-only schools.

Either way: ACC may be toast.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My head hurts, but at least Swofford is out of a job***

May 19, 2012, 9:27 PM

Ok! If the ACC ultimately disintegrates into nothingness...

May 19, 2012, 9:37 PM [ in reply to one guess on how it may go down.... ]

... to whom do we owe an exit fee?

it won't until after we're long gone***

May 19, 2012, 9:42 PM

Re: Ok! If the ACC ultimately disintegrates into nothingness...

May 20, 2012, 1:23 AM [ in reply to Ok! If the ACC ultimately disintegrates into nothingness... ]

Swofford.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so clemson is now out 20 million dollars?

May 19, 2012, 9:49 PM

that is the new buyout penalty for the acc. If this is true, I think it sucks. If ga tech went with us it would be a little bit better. Also if we could stay in the acc in the other sports would be nice.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Re: so clemson is now out 20 million dollars?

May 19, 2012, 10:07 PM

don`t count your chickens before they hatch and don`t call your money lost until it is gone!! this thing is a long way from over..

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Big XII will probably help with the exit fee.***

May 20, 2012, 12:02 AM [ in reply to so clemson is now out 20 million dollars? ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic