Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow, ESPN is turning into HackTV
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,374

Wow, ESPN is turning into HackTV

Sep 5, 2015, 10:26 AM

It was already getting bad, but now they're eulogizing Chris Fowler...dude he didn't die. He got a freaking promotion. They're throwing in buzzwords to get people emotional: Virginia Tech shooting, 9/11, blah, blah, blah. This is terrible! I think it's a good idea to have Fowler come on and say goodbye to the show, but let's not act like he's dead.

I actually really like Chris Fowler (probably one of the few on these boards), and the rest of the main Gameday crew (Herby, Pollack, Corso, Howard, and now Rece Davis)...but wow, who's running this show? Stop blowing yourselves.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow, ESPN is turning into HackTV

Sep 5, 2015, 10:28 AM

I really dont like him. Smarmy acting especially as he treats Clemson

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm ok with it... he has been the face of the most

Sep 5, 2015, 10:31 AM

popular TV show for the past 25 years,. Kinda rare for someone to do what he did from the very first show until now...

i don't think it was a promotion, as much as he just wanted to move on... he's gonna be calling games now

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: i'm ok with it... he has been the face of the most

Sep 5, 2015, 10:38 AM

I like the idea of paying tribute to him and giving him the chance to come on the air and say his official goodbyes...but they were acting like he was dead.

Also, I'll always hate the hacky reporting style of mentioning national tragedies in order to try to tug at heart strings. Fowler's career stands strongly on its own. I think Tom Lugenbill is the guy who put the piece together, and he's always been that type of reporter. Strongly dislike the style.

Tom Rinaldi

Sep 5, 2015, 10:39 AM

and he's pretty good at what he does...

imo anyway

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: Tom Rinaldi

Sep 5, 2015, 10:43 AM

Ahhhh yea, Rinaldi! Thank you.

If you like that type of reporting, then yes. He's very good at what he does. I'm just not a fan of the style of reporting.

i don't consider what Rinaldi does "reporting"...

Sep 5, 2015, 10:45 AM

he's a storyteller

as evidenced by the 30 for 30 series, which is very good

Re: i don't consider what Rinaldi does "reporting"...

Sep 5, 2015, 10:52 AM

yea good call

Re: Wow, ESPN is turning into HackTV

Sep 5, 2015, 10:31 AM

Yes this is very excessive tribute. I was like "what happened to fowler?" Then they showed the end and I was really confused. The way they presented it I thought he had passed away.

Someone needs to start drinking already...***

Sep 5, 2015, 10:39 AM

Re: Someone needs to start drinking already...***

Sep 5, 2015, 10:46 AM

Give me a couple minutes. I've got to have breakfast first.

I won't miss him on Gameday

Sep 5, 2015, 10:43 AM

Dude is a huge SEC homer and have heard stories he's not too fond of Clemson for some reason.

Re: I won't miss him on Gameday

Sep 5, 2015, 10:45 AM

I think those stories are stories. For some reason lots of people here think there's some sort of conspiracy against Clemson within ESPN. I'd agree that we don't necessarily get the respect we deserve, but I think a lot of teams can make that argument. I'm sure Fowler has no ill will towards Clemson.

good post***

Sep 5, 2015, 10:46 AM

Sep 5, 2015, 10:49 AM [ in reply to I won't miss him on Gameday ]

SEC homer???? He went to Colorado.

Sep 5, 2015, 10:56 AM

Have you never seen Gameday? He never lets up with the "SEC dominance" nonsense.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,374
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic