Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Youtube TV up to $50/month now.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 490

Youtube TV up to $50/month now.

Apr 10, 2019, 11:24 PM

Seems that they added Discovery, HGTV, Travel, Motor Trend (JEAH), Food, TLC, and some others, so it's just going to $50 like that, immediately.

Hmmmmm. I had really adjusted well to not seeing love it or list it and the 47 different spin off shows with the annoying metrosexual twin brothers. Only one of the bunch that I GAS about is Motor Trend and I can get all their content free online.

$50 is still on the correct side of the value equation for me, but they're quickly approaching my breaking point on the elasticity curve.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

psvue $40 1 yr ago now $45 I think

Apr 11, 2019, 1:13 AM

And a perfect fit for my crew

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$10 extra dollars for 0 additional value to me

Apr 11, 2019, 2:08 AM

After reading their email today I couldn't help but think they must have hired some former cable/satellite exec to make a dumbasz move like this. Thought about cancelling immediately on principle alone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Re: $10 extra dollars for 0 additional value to me

Apr 11, 2019, 6:17 AM

"leverage our value chain and innovate our cost structure“

wors that will live in infamy

Apr 11, 2019, 2:48 PM

and CEO speeches forever

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If this new pricing structure causes them to actually start

Apr 11, 2019, 7:28 AM

billing me, I may drop them. Probably not though.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is you not being billed?***

Apr 11, 2019, 12:48 PM

That's better

Apr 11, 2019, 7:45 AM

Now they just need to work on local channels. My DirectTV is only $60/mo now but maybe I'll switch in a year.

Actually..they're still missing the history channel so how am i supposed to keep up with ancient aliens?

And no word if they will be carrying the ACC network

History Channel is a big one for me

Apr 11, 2019, 7:53 AM

Forged in Fire
Ancient Aliens

no Oak Island?

Apr 11, 2019, 2:23 PM

I love watching those guys not find anything, spending hundreds of thousands of dollars drilling holes, and listening to every kook with a theory on whats actually there.

Treasure quest but I think it's on discovery

Apr 11, 2019, 2:27 PM

They actually found the location of a lost treasure in Bolivia? but cannot take it out yet (due to weather conditions and other factors). they're currently negotiating with Bolivia? to return to the site and get it out of its shaft

https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/treasure-quest-snake-island/about

I also catch that Josh dude on the Travel Channel

Apr 11, 2019, 2:35 PM

something about Expeditions. Its neat to see the places he goes, even if he never finds anything but beer.

Still no A&E Network

Apr 11, 2019, 7:51 AM

So no Live PD

I would have to compare that to Sling

Apr 11, 2019, 8:18 AM

Orange + Blue.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The main perk is unlimited DVR

Apr 11, 2019, 8:27 AM

Sling and others come with 50 hours, which my kids would fill up with Simpson’s and The Office episodes in week one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remeber the good old days when Ultimatekrzy would

Apr 11, 2019, 8:32 AM

talk about some home theater PC or some such? Would that the 50 Hours DVR thing?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bruh, here’s the reality of it.

Apr 11, 2019, 8:39 AM

Any time I make any switch at all to our home entertainment setup, I become a on-call 24/7 tech support person for my lovely and otherwise intelligent wife for the next 8-12 months. We’ve had YouTube TV for almost a year and I still get the “hey can you put X show for me” several times a week.

If I put in a home entertainment PC I would have to quit my job to answer all the family inquiries I’d be getting.

I did a home theater PC for 1 year and cut cable.

Apr 11, 2019, 9:07 AM

Had it set where you cut it on and CBS was playing. Basically my wife either watched what was on that, or waited til I got home to watch anything.

we cut the cord almost 4 years ago, rely on Roku & antenna

Apr 11, 2019, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Bruh, here’s the reality of it. ]

(which usually involves switching the TV input)...I also have a networked OTA Tuner that allows a couple apps to play/DVR live tv from the antenna. PLEX, for instance, is on every roku, computer, phone, tablet, and FireTV we have....

No matter what, or how many times I've explained this, SheGUAR has no idea how to witch from one to the other, doesn't grasp the whole concept that Live Local TV exists both inside AND outside the Roku...or that the live tv via the antenna doesn't cost us anything monthly...

Someone has obviously never paid the cable bill

Apr 11, 2019, 2:21 PM

or dish/direct TV bill.

I think if I could convince my wife to pay our cable bill (or any bill for that matter), the OTA vs cable issue would change immediately.

TRUTH.***

Apr 11, 2019, 4:46 PM

I am currently struggling with

Apr 11, 2019, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Bruh, here’s the reality of it. ]

getting wifeof to use short commands instead of long English sentences to train the new pup

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

And I may start playing around with Philo

Apr 11, 2019, 8:29 AM [ in reply to I would have to compare that to Sling ]

$20/month for 58 channels. Unlimited DVR, but stored for only 30 days.

No sports channels = no value.***

Apr 11, 2019, 9:08 AM

Yeah that's definitely no bueno.***

Apr 11, 2019, 11:11 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

When I told my wife this, her first question was

Apr 11, 2019, 11:09 AM

"Did they add Hallmark Channel?"

When I said no, she returned to being disinterested in YouTube TV. Hallmark Channel is the holdup for us completely dropping DirecTV and going with just YouTube TV.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

This makes me feel like a lottery winner.

Apr 11, 2019, 11:17 AM

Sharkgirl doesn't care about that station. She really doesn't care about TV much at all. I do fear if were to go away for a week, she'd end up in some reddit hole and never come back.

Re: Youtube TV up to $50/month now.

Apr 11, 2019, 3:04 PM

I want NOTHING to do with YouTube. There is just something sinister happening at that company. They scare me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

######***

Apr 11, 2019, 4:40 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 490
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic