Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Someone remind me why a RB would want to go to UGA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Someone remind me why a RB would want to go to UGA

Apr 10, 2017, 10:39 PM

unless they enjoy being cut on...

Sony Michel surgery: https://www.si.com/college-football/2016/07/05/georgia-bulldogs-sony-michel-injury-surgery-broken-arm

Nick Chubb: https://www.seccountry.com/georgia/fan-photo-shows-uga-rb-nick-chubbs-scar-from-october-knee-surgery

Todd Gurley: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000434767/article/georgias-todd-gurley-undergoes-knee-surgery-begins-rehab

Notice a trend? You go to UGA as a RB, you WILL have surgery at some point. Why? Because they run you to death. They will end a career because guys are getting pounded all the time. They recruit RB's, but they have no one to go with them, so they over utilize their backs and get them all hurt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you answered your own question

Apr 10, 2017, 10:45 PM

they recruit RB they run the RB over and over. Highschool kids want to play early and lots. UGA gives them this opportunity along with the SEC love fest. If they show out they are instantly a heisman contender. Kids never beleive they will get injured until it happens.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, when all a school has is a running game

Apr 10, 2017, 11:01 PM

the RB does get injured (see Lattimore and every feature UGA RB in the last 5 years). Like I said in a previous post, Gallman had a lot of carries, but he is carrying the ball against a defense that is playing pass. I know UGA recruited a great QB, but he was not great last year, and who is to say he will be great? That means UGA RB's get to run against 8/9 man fronts with 240-260 pound LB's running downhill.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Supposedly, it's quite lucrative.***

Apr 10, 2017, 10:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate UGA as much as anybody, but it IS a bit of a

Apr 10, 2017, 11:04 PM

stretch to insinuate they had anything to do with Michel falling off an ATV

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Someone remind me why a RB would want to go to UGA

Apr 10, 2017, 11:09 PM

To Quote Rocky's Famous Manager Mickey Goldmill....... "He'll Kill you to Death in 3 rounds!" :) Instead here it should be if your a top notch Running Back..... "UGA will kill you to death in 3/4 years!!!!#"

I like many of Mickeys quotes. Another favorite is "He'll knock you into tomorrow Rock!!!" And he just called everyone Bum! Lol

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody's top 10 list of UGA RBs

Apr 11, 2017, 6:09 AM

10.Robert Edwards

9. Willie McClendon

8. Lars Tate

7. Rodney Hampton

6. Todd Gurley

5. Knowshon Moreno

4.Garrison Hearst

3. Charlie Trippi

2. Frank Sinkwich

1. Herschel Walker

Done by the Agusta Chronicle.

Also, they have had a bunch of guys who panned out in the NFL like Terrell Davis, Isaiah Crowell, etc.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Somebody's top 10 list of UGA RBs

Apr 11, 2017, 9:03 AM

So true! They have sent a lot of running backs to the NFL. Running backs see 35 to 40 carries per game in their outdated offense. They also pay for it with their health. In our offense a rb might see 25 carries at best but he would improve his receiving skills. That's something's the NFL scouts like to see in a rb these days. The area that his high school is in has not been good to us in recruiting always. Is there an SEC footprint up there?

Apr 11, 2017, 6:53 AM

Because they have the best knee surgeons in the nation! (They get the most practice.)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2017, 7:27 AM

Stats are fun - sometimes. They should never be use in this scenario. Stats are meant to be twisted and turned and manipulated until they appear the way you need them to support your cause. That's all.

Zamir will make his choice. We will be fine either way. Regardless of the outcome, UGA does NOT want any part of CLEMSON.

You mean other than...

Apr 11, 2017, 9:26 AM

Georgia has sent a whole bunch of RB's to the NFL and in the offense Georgia runs, the RB will carry the ball 30+ times per game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Apr 11, 2017, 9:27 AM

By no stretch a Dawgs fan but they did just recruit one of their best classes in a while; a class that I believe includes two 5-star offensive linemen. Per usual, there's a lot of buzz in Athens right now but even last year, with a decent line, that could have competed.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic