Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
May be Germans, but report says that Lawrence had .0002%
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

May be Germans, but report says that Lawrence had .0002%

Dec 26, 2018, 6:52 PM

.0002% Ostarine found in Lawrence’s A sample... They are gonna end this kids college career over .0002%.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link?***

Dec 26, 2018, 6:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Link?***

Dec 26, 2018, 6:57 PM

That’s what I read from Max Olson from TheAthletic.com in a reply on Twitter.

That’s a terrible way to measure

Dec 26, 2018, 6:57 PM

The danger or punishment of a substance. I’m all for him getting out of it through BSample or appeal... but there are deadly substances that are measured in parts per million. .08% doesn’t sound like much of a substance either...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That’s a terrible way to measure

Dec 26, 2018, 6:58 PM

Do you know the difference between .08 and .0008?

Dec 26, 2018, 7:04 PM

Yep, but as I’m sure you are aware, that was intended not to be exact analogy, but a more relatable point as everyone knows what .08% means.

As another analogy, did you know that 1hr exposure to air containing .00039% carbon monoxide is considered dangerous and deadly? But of course you got the first analogy, you just wanted to find a way to nitpick a counterpoint without adding any value.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 7:15 PM

According to Mayo Clinic Carbon Monoxide isn’t deadly unless it’s .0009% or higher.

Dec 26, 2018, 9:01 PM

Since we are going to nitpik, carbon monoxide is deadly because hemoglobin will not release it very easily once it is bound to it. Therefore the length of exposure is extremely relevant in that case. Athletes have been suspended for 6 to 7 nanograms/ml ostarine. A milliliter of water, is one gram so assuming the solution is primarily water that would be 0.0000007% if I counted correctly. Our issue should be that these young men could be suspended for taking a supplement that was cross contaminated with ostarine during the production process. Galloway and Giella could face 1 year suspensions for shortcuts made by a supplement manufacturer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 parts per million... Now that is definitely "trace"...***

Dec 26, 2018, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Re: That’s a terrible way to measure ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: That’s a terrible way to measure ]

The amount reported was .ooo2%, not .ooo8%.

Dec 26, 2018, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: That’s a terrible way to measure ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: .0792

Dec 26, 2018, 9:26 PM

You are a mathlete!! LOL

Dec 26, 2018, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Re: That’s a terrible way to measure ]

Ummm, 100x?

Double Naught! What do I win?

Dec 27, 2018, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: That’s a terrible way to measure ]

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

.08 is a lot when you’re on the side of the road blowing into a breathalyzer.***

Dec 26, 2018, 7:02 PM [ in reply to That’s a terrible way to measure ]

Why did you look at me when you posted that?***

Dec 26, 2018, 7:36 PM

.08 isn't much.***

Dec 26, 2018, 7:31 PM [ in reply to That’s a terrible way to measure ]

Re: May be Germans, but report says that Lawrence had .0002%

Dec 26, 2018, 7:06 PM

Could someone please tell me what the eff "May be Germans, but..." means? I keep seeing that in the subject line of posts the last few days and have seen it in the past as well.

What the heck is that supposed to mean?

I always read into that it meant either 'sorry for my English I'm trying to post some info but i'm German' or 'the source is German based so take this for what it's worth...' etc..

Anyone know just what in the hell that May be Germans subject line means for sure???

Just don't understand the relevance of including that part in the subject line regardless.

Dec 26, 2018, 7:12 PM

Simply means already posted.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: May be Germans, but report says that Lawrence had .0002% ]

Only coots don’t know the answer to this....jkjk I’ve been wondering myself for more than a year now. I always take it to mean “maybe irrelevant” or “maybe propaganda”

Dec 26, 2018, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Re: May be Germans, but report says that Lawrence had .0002% ]

It goes back to when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

It means this may have already appeared on the board before I put it up there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Re: May be Germans, but report says that Lawrence had .0002% ]

I think it means we are not allowed to use proper English on this board.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ask Geno's mother - she made it up

Dec 26, 2018, 7:23 PM

NM

Dec 26, 2018, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Re: May be Germans, but report says that Lawrence had .0002% ]

That refers to the adjective "Germaine" which means relative to a point of discussion. Example; "Is the effect of osterine germaine to the performing ability of a 340 pound brute who could kick the a$$ off a half ton mule?"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look up famous quotes by war historian John Blutarsky

Dec 26, 2018, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: May be Germans, but report says that Lawrence had .0002% ]

It's in reference to one of the most famous German sneak attacks in WWII.

Dec 26, 2018, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Re: May be Germans, but report says that Lawrence had .0002% ]

Goes back to the movie Animal House when John Belushi said "was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" But I'm not sure how it evolved from there. It's a Tigernet thing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Think in terms of Animal House: (good Q !)

Dec 26, 2018, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: May be Germans, but report says that Lawrence had .0002% ]

“It might be Germans” is one of these board phrases for: Hey! Has anyone already mentioned to Bluto that the Germans did not bomb Pearl Harbor! (KEY COMPONeNT) BUT most importantly!!! The speaker realizes that animal house is old and someone probably already said, “yeah, but he’s on a roll”. And the speaker is acknowledging someone may have already said it

Years ago someone would post an article that had

Dec 26, 2018, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Re: May be Germans, but report says that Lawrence had .0002% ]

Already been posted. Someone would retort "Breaking: Germans bomb Pearl Harbor!" as a joke since the article wasn't really news by that point.

Later, the response to a previously posted article gradually shortened to where somebody would just say "Germans".

In order to avoid that response, people posting articles now sometimes preface their post by saying "Sorry if Germans".

Here is the story -

Dec 26, 2018, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Re: May be Germans, but report says that Lawrence had .0002% ]

Many years ago after a particularly bad loss RevDodd made a long post about basically not giving up. In his post he used the phrase from Animal House when Belushi said, "Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?" It was long before thumbs up but it would have been a HOF post for sure. Of course someone pointed out that it was not the Germans that bombed Pearl Harbor and someone else pointed out that it was a line from a movie.

Well people on Tigernet would copy the line "was it over..." when something would go wrong and someone would reply it wasn't the germans and so on. Tigernetters got tired of always having to explain that it was a line out of Animal House so it finally just got shortened to Germans meaning "we don't want to have to explain this again"

So "Germans" is when something is repeated over and over again.

Buford T. Justice can explain it for you...

Dec 26, 2018, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: May be Germans, but report says that Lawrence had .0002% ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyWVPHoFGJA

It's pronounced "L Heff A" and it means "The Boss".

The Germans invented Ostarine....hence , it may be Germans

Dec 26, 2018, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: May be Germans, but report says that Lawrence had .0002% ]

Get it ?

Dec 26, 2018, 7:44 PM

You test positive for oxycodone at 100 nanograms per ml. A nanogram is a BILLIONTH of a gram. People are getting hung up on percentages as if they have a frame of reference

Units can distort perception

Dec 26, 2018, 7:47 PM

I don’t work in the medical field but I do work in the environmental field and I’m wary of which units are chosen to discuss an issue. Percentages are some of the most misleading because you’re only dealing with a 1:100 ratio in whole numbers then can put a whole bunch of zeros between a measurement and a decimal to make things seem insignificant. On a mass/mass basis .0002% is 2ppm which can be major or minor depending on the potency of the analyte.

If I want to make something feel dangerous then I could use parts per billion or parts per trillion which allows me to put a bunch of zeros AFTER the measurement and make it look much larger just by changing the units.

I can’t say that .0002% or 2ug/L is a lot or a little because I don’t know anything about Ostarine. But I can say that if I want to make it seem insignificant then percentage would be my unit of choice.

Personally I think it’s likely that the initial test was a screening process that has a pretty high (poor) detection limit and can’t distinguish between Ostarine and a molecule with a similar structure (such as a medication). The screening test is used first because it’s cheaper and quicker for a high volume. The B test will use a more rigorous and expensive analysis with a lower (better) detection limit and will weed out false positives.

Re: Units can distort perception

Dec 26, 2018, 7:52 PM

Btw in the third paragraph I meant to say 2ul/L which is 2ppm on a volume/volume basis. 2ug/L is mass/volume and just makes for a mess

Dec 26, 2018, 8:17 PM

Love how this germans post got turned into a germans discussion... keep on...

Dec 26, 2018, 8:57 PM

Sorry for the derail :) It's obvious now that they pointed that out, but I was just reading it with a completely different context since I know some foreigners that constantly apologize for the English as a prelude to saying just about anything.

I love the brains in our alumni base

Dec 26, 2018, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Units can distort perception ]

Nm

Somebody puts it so it is understandable

Dec 26, 2018, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Units can distort perception ]

Thanks you mhuyser

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

It's A Banned Substance and had much less than .0002%

Dec 26, 2018, 8:20 PM

That's 2 parts per million and he had less than 1 part per BILLION!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

that is 1000 times the lethal dose of BTX

Dec 26, 2018, 8:37 PM

I don't know if it is high or low

Re: that is 1000 times the lethal dose of BTX

Dec 26, 2018, 9:18 PM

For anyone that survived the 60s, LSD is pyscoactive and subsequently has a cutoff at 500 pcg per ml. That's 500 trillionths of a gram per ml.

I dont know what ".0002" means in terms of ostarine but again, percentages and decimals that seem infinitessimally small can be significant in your body.

Dec 27, 2018, 9:58 AM

what the ####??????
Thats about 10 times LOWER than the threshold for THC!

That is infuriating.

Why did I read this. I need to go punch something now...

Dec 27, 2018, 10:18 AM

It's rediculous, Big Dex is the last guy that would do something like this!

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic